facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 4, 2004, 03:19 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Barry Bonds and JO
Default Indian Media Trash but still some truth.

I know many of you know how much Indian Media hates Bd, but to me I think they are not wrong. Losing to scotland today and having test status for so long, would expect any nation to get to par. Or produce much supported results.

The though of winning any of the two group match this month for the trophy never crossed my mind. We are going to lose its written in our forhead.

Personally, i think maybe Bd from now on should just watch rather than participate. We are really bringing the sport down!

Old September 4, 2004, 03:30 AM
Retired BC Admin

I don't get it, how are we binging the sports down? Hate to say this but it is this kind of mentality of not accepting win or loss as just being the part of sports is really bringing the spirit of supporting a team down.

We know very well about ourselves. We can not be another Australia overnight. And even Australia get trashed once in a while by West Indies if I have to point to.

Besides, apart from the last over, we have many positives to take home to from the match. Let's give credit where it is due, to our batsmen and to Scotland.

Finally, let's not bring the Indian Media into this. I think we have had just enough of it lately. Thanks.

Edited on, September 4, 2004, 9:16 AM GMT, by chinaman.
Old September 4, 2004, 05:45 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Quote:
but to me I think they are not wrong
I think during my BBA studies, I read in psychology 101 course that when you see the same thing too many times, then even the false things become true to you - kinda something like this, I remember the terms "FAMILIARITY" and "SIMILARITY".

There was once a time when I started watching cricket (not only Bangladesh cricket, those times Bangladesh cricket was not shown on TV regularly) I used to praise India and used to think that there is only one team in the whole wide world and that is India. Can you tell me why most cricket fans fall in love with India first? The reason is very simple - every media praises India, whether they're playing good or bad, doesn't matter. When you turn on your tv, there is India, when you turn on the Internet to watch cricket news, everywhere there is India. In this sub-continent, this is even more in numbers than in the other parts of the world.

Similarly, when you turn to media, there is the Indian media. Over the years, Pakistan and Sri Lanka have had successes in cricket, and since they cannot find their place in the tv channel world of ESPN and Star Sports because of too much of India, so they have a very different sports channel - Ten Sports.

In the same way, we have to find our own 'channel' if I may call it.
Old September 4, 2004, 09:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Awww, crap.

Without their best fast bowler, Bangladesh just had the better of a rain-affected Test match against the West Indies, then lost the second one on a substandard pitch.

New Zealand in Bangladesh ... thats when we count the marbles.
Old September 7, 2004, 02:19 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash,Rafiq,Wasim,Lee,Inzy

I don't get it, how are we binging the sports down? Hate to say this but it is this kind of mentality of not accepting win or loss as just being the part of sports is really bringing the spirit of supporting a team down.

India loose to Kenya 2/3 times I remember. That doesn't mean that Kenya is strong than India. It could happened to any team not only by Bangladesh. And this is the passion of CRICKET.
Old September 7, 2004, 02:59 PM
ODI Cricketer

I think cricket has a lot to do with luck. On some occassions teams get extremely lucky, like Kenya and they pull off a miraculous win. They toss a coin to decide whos going to bowl or bat first... thats when the luck begins in my opinion So the outcome of a cricket match is based on that early decision in most cases... usually the chasing team loses.

Besides that, some players do not seem to perform well sometimes even though they have had a great series before a tournament begins. A prime example how the tables turn relatively quickly is the India vs New Zealand series in New Zealand prior to the last World Cup. India was thrashed but they emerged a strong team at the end of the World Cup. Look at Pakistan now, they were heavily hammered in the WC and now with many new faces they have a much improved team. Whomever is lucky will win

Its just that Bangladesh is a new comer to the scene of international cricket, so luck right now is not favouring us. It will take time thats all, but we must not feel that bad if we lose, everything takes time. You don't learn to run before you walk, and before that you crawl. So don't get too upset over some losses, even the big teams lose

Edited on, September 7, 2004, 8:59 PM GMT, by Unknown.