facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 19, 2014, 09:34 AM
BC Editorial Team

Default I'm getting a tad irritated with the Afghan Cricket team's excessive bravado

http://www.espncricinfo.com/world-t2...ry/729189.html
Quote:
Kabir suggested, with a grin, that the beating Bangladesh took in the Asia Cup earlier this month had triggered a defensive posture by the hosts.

"We have good-quality fast bowlers, we train them like that, they are aggressive and everybody knows that our fast-bowling attack is very good, especially at Associate standard and sometimes at Test standard. In the Asia Cup, the bowling was very all together and I think that's why the Mirpur wicket was a bit slow."
First these guys mouth off non-stop before the match. Then they mouth off, shove around and huff and puff through a match where they were whupped. And now they are claiming defensiveness?

Dude, your team can't play spin. We wanted to attack your batters and teach them a lesson so we prepared a turning wicket - with bounce I might add - and embarrassed you for 73 runs. That wasn't defensiveness. That was aggressive with the weapons one has - which in our case is an army of quick, accurate spin bowlers.

I wish the Afghan Cricket team would collectively shut its pie-hole and focus on playing sporting cricket.

Old March 19, 2014, 09:46 AM
Test Cricketer

If baseless and junk conversation like this coming out of the "pie-hole" gets under your skin, I'd say they are doing a good job!
Let's accept the fact, we lost the only ODI we played against them, and move on.
Old March 19, 2014, 10:13 AM
BC Editorial Team

Meazz, I'm a big believer in talking the talk if you can walk the walk. Right now their conversation is not matching their production. He wants to talk defensive, I'd argue that their chase against Hong Kong was defensive. First the Irish and then these guys. Motormouths.
Old March 19, 2014, 10:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Razab, let them talk. Just keep in mind all this braggodacio, and thrash them soundly again the next time we play them. Some of these "martial races" need several instructive lessons before they learn to pipe down.
Old March 19, 2014, 10:37 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

we'll see you in 2015 WC, where the tracks are definitely fast, untill then try to learn how to play spin

cricket isn't all about fast bowling..you guys look awful playing spin
Old March 19, 2014, 11:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

They can talk all the junk they want. All we need to do is to kick them in the rear on the cricket pitch.

Anyways, I find it funny how they think that we are back to being defensive after what happened last time around. Do you even realize that this time around we are playing with our full strength side. And how is that our pace bowlers got so much purchase from the wicket that they were too good to even edge your hapless batsman whereas our batsman were not too troubled by yours.
Old March 19, 2014, 11:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
we'll see you in 2015 WC, where the tracks are definitely fast, untill then try to learn how to play spin

cricket isn't all about fast bowling..you guys look awful playing spin
And to bat sensibly and field properly

They can do neither. Afghans are 50% fast bowling, 40% slogger and 10 % others
Old March 19, 2014, 11:13 AM
Cricket Sage

Their term "defensive" doesn't make sense at all. It called good planning and take full advantage of the avaialble resource and condition. And yes this time our players played more seriously and professionally that they are supposed to do against any oponent: strong or weak.

And the end result? It was not even close.

And that was a superior and [professional team is suppsoed to do. do what you are supposed to do at the field. Not showing your big mouth before or after the game, because that doesn't have any effect in the game, its just some supid talk, nothing more than that. When they had the cance to back up their big mouth, they failed miserably. And that proved everything....they are nothing but a bunch of big mouth, who cannot back up what they brag about.

The Afgan people shouls be ashamed of this bunch of losers, not becuase they lost the game, but because they humiliated with their behaviour as a respresntative of their country.
Old March 19, 2014, 11:27 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Maybe they are chewing too much poppy seeds on the sideline. Replace with sun flower seeds.
Old March 19, 2014, 11:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Their term "defensive" doesn't make sense at all. It called good planning and take full advantage of the avaialble resource and condition. And yes this time our players played more seriously and professionally that they are supposed to do against any oponent: strong or weak.

And the end result? It was not even close.

And that was a superior and [professional team is suppsoed to do. do what you are supposed to do at the field. Not showing your big mouth before or after the game, because that doesn't have any effect in the game, its just some supid talk, nothing more than that. When they had the cance to back up their big mouth, they failed miserably. And that proved everything....they are nothing but a bunch of big mouth, who cannot back up what they brag about.

The Afgan people shouls be ashamed of this bunch of losers, not becuase they lost the game, but because they humiliated with their behaviour as a respresntative of their country.
Nailed it

We have been playing test arena for 14 years with little success. We have lost clinically several times but not even once did we mention that XYZ tried to play unfairly. Rather we accepted fate and said that we need to improve ourselves and play according to the conditions. Nepal on the other hand mentioned that they lack big hitters hence the reason why they failed to pile up the runs despite having so many wickets in hand.
Old March 19, 2014, 11:46 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

I've discovered a new fondness for the word "tad".
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old March 19, 2014, 12:49 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

It could be many things. The area they are from, some of the upbringing, Our Skin color, them sharing borders with some of the rough (on the edges) folks. Also, remember how we have such fondness for batsmen like After and Ashraful, who were know to be aggressive. To some, if you bat down the ground and you don't huff and puff, you are not a good batsman. It comes from cricket knowledge and experience. In the ODI, they huffed and puffed (fee good strokes) against some friendly bowling and really friendly field setting my Mushy. They looked good enough to get to 200 but ended up getting to 250ish. That was due to huff and puff and our timidity. We could huff and puff too but it looks ugly, edgy, and some times it lands you in trouble, if you end up loosing too many wickets. I liked our approach. It was controlled and professional.
Old March 19, 2014, 12:54 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

Don't you all jump at me at once. I look at some of their comments and I know exactly how the fans from bigger teams when they read the huff and puff from some over eager BD fans. Heck, I get embarrassed when I finally get to understand what half those folks are trying to say. Those guys should not post in english. When you are arguing about the superiority of your underachieving side in a foreign language, at least get your shyt right.
Old March 19, 2014, 01:00 PM
Cricket Sage

"tad"and now "huff and puff". great !!!!

So who will come of with the next word?
Old March 19, 2014, 02:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
I've discovered a new fondness for the word "tad".
I, on the other hand, have discovered a new fondness for the word "wad". As in "don't get your knicker in a wad because of what those martial Affgaynians say about us".
Old March 19, 2014, 02:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Olpo shomoye onek upore uthe geche to tai ektu beshi e ohonkari hoye geche.

Betara ekhono ireland ke haraite parena abar boro boro kotha.

Upore joto taratari uthse niche o nambe khub taratari.
Old March 19, 2014, 02:48 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Dale Steyn

You guys should check the most popular afghan cricket facebook page all kinds of trolls including bangladeshi are such a laugh to read. Indians are joining in with afghans to bash bangladesh while nepalis seem to be on the bangladesh side
Old March 19, 2014, 03:08 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Haha just as there is hate between India Pakistan game, is there a new villain against Bangladesh too now? The next match between Bangladesh Afghanistan is now the equivalent of India Pakistan game?
Old March 19, 2014, 03:08 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Confidence and arrogance are not the same. After losing badly, trying to find fault on condition or pitch is a sore loser mentality. Nabi is a decent chap. Kabir Khan on the other hand is not.
Old March 19, 2014, 03:12 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by naim519
Haha just as there is hate between India Pakistan game, is there a new villain against Bangladesh too now? The next match between Bangladesh Afghanistan is now the equivalent of India Pakistan game?
Please!!! We don't have any hate towards the Afgans.

The Asia cup loss was because of a "B" BD team playing. Only 4 players from that game are playing. Anamul, Mushi, Nasir and Raz.
Old March 19, 2014, 03:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

The situation with the Afghans has sympathized me to fans of teams that lose to BD. If we feel this indignant, how rotten did the Indians feel back in 2007? How about the NZ fans? Their souls must have blackened a bit when we whitewashed them earlier this year. It must be why the Internet is filled with BD haters. After all, every "big" team tasted defeat at our hands.
Old March 19, 2014, 03:47 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashfaq
The situation with the Afghans has sympathized me to fans of teams that lose to BD. If we feel this indignant, how rotten did the Indians feel back in 2007? How about the NZ fans? Their souls must have blackened a bit when we whitewashed them earlier this year. It must be why the Internet is filled with BD haters. After all, every "big" team tasted defeat at our hands.
Hmmm!!! I know we go all out when we win. I do not know if any of us, let alone the coach, would try to find excuse on pitch after losing against a higher ranked team. No Bravado there.
Old March 19, 2014, 04:01 PM

These sloggers can fold under 50 in a green pace-friendly track. Sympathies for them ...
Old March 19, 2014, 05:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

First off, I find it entertaining. So they're ****-talking...we can do it too. A nice little rivalry is brewing. Keep showing them up on teh field and it will make it all the more sweet. Think Bears-Packers, Steelers-Ravens, Giants-Eagles, Red Sox-Yankees, Celtics-Lakers, etc. The reality is our "division rivals" are ZIM, IRE, AFG. From our perspective we have it good. We have rivalries with India and PAK and with these minnows.

Secondly, Kabir Khan's comments don't have any logical basis. Was the wicket not slow when they won against our 2nd string side? Was that pitch like the WACA? And if they're really that good, they'd win on any pitch, batting first or second.

AFG are just sore losers.

Also agree with Tehsin bhai and Shaad bhais comments. We have similar BD fans too, and some members of these martial races lack serious grey matter. Anyways, we should take it as entertainment. Kinda like Fox News.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 19, 2014, 05:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Nachtay na janlay bolay uthan beka