facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old January 23, 2009, 06:05 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, Moyna, Cutter, Task

it had 2 be really humiliating for Ashraful caus of that BHUA BHUA BHUA chant

Old January 23, 2009, 06:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
Good show by Shakib, and guys give Ashraful a break; he's trying obviously, and even his greatest haters will say the raw batting Ash can do is outstanding; what he needs now is our backing up, his team is doing good, he is not being able to, he's under tremendous pressure, that's why he was doing cautiously! Hope he comes STRONG as ever!
ya....I liked it....thats the spirit...

I hope he comes back strong....and get some runs too in the premiere league. Crowd was shouting "BHUA BHUA"....when he was coming to get the trophy....all these thing is putting him under pressure also making him nervous as well....can't also blame the crowd as well...ASH just not scored or contributed enough
Old January 23, 2009, 06:07 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, Moyna, Cutter, Task

Bhua Bhua Bhua
Old January 23, 2009, 06:07 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseer
yes....this is actually 2-2....that is huge for ZIM to level it in BD....well...we must have done better......
Yes head to head count will be 2-2, but achievment is completely different, BD went past Zim to make it to the final of Tri nation series, and then beat Zim 2-1 in the home series
Old January 23, 2009, 06:08 AM
First Class Cricketer

what does bhua bhua bhua mean???
Old January 23, 2009, 06:09 AM
Banned

LOL Ashraful looks like a fool on mic too.......... I guess everybody played well and bowlers bowled well...(shamim cuts him off as he knows his crap) .."It was a great game and well played banlgadesh"
..."Wait the captain wants to say something."

Ashraful" I thank the crowd for supporting us after we lost the first game (& calling him Bhua) and I guess they will support us in future."
Old January 23, 2009, 06:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaheed Mahmood
Yes head to head count will be 2-2, but achievment is completely different, BD went past Zim to make it to the final of Tri nation series, and then beat Zim 2-1 in the home series
Yes....we achieved more than ZIM....but we are far better than this ZIM team as well and we must to what we have done....actually should have done more.

At the end....we saved our face.....that is something to be happy....but not satisfactory at all....

Also credit should also be given to ZIM....they have come a long way as well and played good cricket....actually they bowled well...their batting till is very very poor.......far away from the standard
Old January 23, 2009, 06:16 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameron
what does bhua bhua bhua mean???
dont worry i googled it and found out.
Old January 23, 2009, 06:21 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Mash & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
Good show by Shakib, and guys give Ashraful a break; he's trying obviously, and even his greatest haters will say the raw batting Ash can do is outstanding; what he needs now is our backing up, his team is doing good, he is not being able to, he's under tremendous pressure, that's why he was doing cautiously! Hope he comes STRONG as ever!
let's see how long we are backing him up!!!!!

in this year he already played 6 ODIs and scored only 69 runs with a highest score of 26 runs and 3 scores of 5/less than 5. Avg is 11.50 only.

Now let's see what he did in the year 2008.
in this year he played 26 matches and scored 676 runs(233 runs against Ireland & UAE in 4 matches which is 34.5% of his this year's runs)
Score 4 50s and 1 century.
2 fifty against NZ, 1 against Pakistan and 1 against Ireland
100 against UAE
his avg was 29.39 which is his career best avg for any year.
11 time scored less than 10 runs.
6 more times scored 22 or less than that.

now you tell me if he hasn't score those runs against Ireland and UAE then what he did in the year 2008??? aren't we backing him for more than 1 year???
Old January 23, 2009, 06:22 AM
Cricket Legend
WC 2015 Fantasy Winner

Masrafee man of the match????
although i am a huge fan of mash but i thought it will be sakib.

Although he got 3 tailenders wickets but his economy is 1.87, 4 maidens, 15 runs.
and as usual with 33 not out he bring us home.
Old January 23, 2009, 06:23 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Mash & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickey
LOL Ashraful looks like a fool on mic too.......... I guess everybody played well and bowlers bowled well...(shamim cuts him off as he knows his crap) .."It was a great game and well played banlgadesh"
..."Wait the captain wants to say something."

Ashraful" I thank the crowd for supporting us after we lost the first game (& calling him Bhua) and I guess they will support us in future."
Mash did far better than him. i thought he can't speak english properly, he proved me wrong
Old January 23, 2009, 06:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Knockout_U
Masrafee man of the match????
although i am a huge fan of mash but i thought it will be sakib.

Although he got 3 tailenders wickets but his economy is 1.87, 4 maidens, 15 runs.
and as usual with 33 not out he bring us home.
Well, shakib got man of the series one anyway; so itz good to share things, নবীর সুন্নাহ!
Old January 23, 2009, 06:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megh
let's see how long we are backing him up!!!!!

in this year he already played 6 ODIs and scored only 69 runs with a highest score of 26 runs and 3 scores of 5/less than 5. Avg is 11.50 only.

Now let's see what he did in the year 2008.
in this year he played 26 matches and scored 676 runs(233 runs against Ireland & UAE in 4 matches which is 34.5% of his this year's runs)
Score 4 50s and 1 century.
2 fifty against NZ, 1 against Pakistan and 1 against Ireland
100 against UAE
his avg was 29.39 which is his career best avg for any year.
11 time scored less than 10 runs.
6 more times scored 22 or less than that.

now you tell me if he hasn't score those runs against Ireland and UAE then what he did in the year 2008??? aren't we backing him for more than 1 year???
Ok right, if you think like that, then i'll say no one else in the team has done significantly well than him except Shakib and Mashrafe if you wanna say. And even they've just started to find the rhythm recently, also the other players are getting form as well. See Mehrab and Rakib in the last game, See Tamim to some extent in this game, and also Rakib again. They've just started to feel as a complete team. Our bowling is as sharp as ever, now giving Ash captaincy was a mistake I agree, but it's been long now. Taking him off it will be a real gamble, which we can not afford to risk. He's been there for quite a while, and even the dumbest of all have got to learn things. Maybe he hasn't as much as we expected, but iif we employ a new leader, he will have to take his time which we don't wanna waste anymore. So let's give him some more, we do need someone of his calibre in the team! Might sound funny, i , but once he starts get going (maybe my wildest of dreams, but still), we'll all be happy .......and chanting Bhua Bhua doesn't do any good to someone who's having worsts of time!
Old January 23, 2009, 06:49 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

honestly, I really did feel bad for Ashraful at the presentation. He's a great guy, and he's devoted his life to Bangladesh cricket. He really does need all our support, its not easy to captain a Bangladesh team and also to please 150+ million people. So Ashraful you have my full support, best of luck for the future!
Old January 23, 2009, 07:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Ash seems to have lost his confidence. He is still the same player, but cannot make up his mind to play aggressively or defensely. He should stick to being the agressive batsman that he is .
Great pressure is on him to perform with the bat and instead of looking at the ball, he is thinking how to play the shot.
A stint of domestic cricket now will give him back his confidence. It is sad to see a young talented batsman fall by the wayside, which i hope will not happen in Ash's case.

Also, it is true that Ash has devoted his young teenage life to BD cricket. he has been playing for BD since he was 16 yrs of age and each time, he is there, he feels a terrible burden.
I still feel that he has guts to captain this team, another person would have given up, maybe he will be captain until Sakib is ready for captaincy.
Old January 23, 2009, 08:22 AM
Cricket Legend

yipeeee!So relieved to see Bangladesh won.
Old January 23, 2009, 08:46 AM
Test Cricketer

Glad to see the losers win a series against a weaker team!!!
Old January 23, 2009, 09:05 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Sigh of relief!
Old January 23, 2009, 09:40 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharjilh
honestly, I really did feel bad for Ashraful at the presentation. He's a great guy, and he's devoted his life to Bangladesh cricket. He really does need all our support, its not easy to captain a Bangladesh team and also to please 150+ million people. So Ashraful you have my full support, best of luck for the future!
He devoted his life for free? It should be 3-0, now we lost one game becuase of his nice decission. He deserved to be called Bhua I think, for this time at least!
Old January 23, 2009, 10:01 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib

can any one confirm, when russel and razzak will be able to back to the national team?
Old January 23, 2009, 10:02 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mushi, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by meazz1
Glad to see the losers win a series against a weaker team!!!
And I wonder why it feels sooooooooooooooooo good when we won aginast SL. Oreee Kala bogi.... You obviosly have not forgot about SL lossing to us by a big margin and almost lost the cup to us.
Sorry to spread salt in your recent wound.
Old January 23, 2009, 10:03 AM
First Class Cricketer

we should consider ashraful as a lucky captain because of his ability to win the toss,,,
Old January 23, 2009, 10:07 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

This 3rd match of the Zimbabwe’s Tour of Bangladesh 2009 Series is going to be a FINAL. It’s a very important match for the Bangladeshis. After the defeat in the 1st match and win in the 2nd the series is now leveled. So to win the cup Bangladesh will have to come out as victorious in this match. Best of luck.

Zimbabwe’s innings: 119/9 (37)
Bangladesh’s innings: 121/4 (32.3)
Match result: Mangladesh won by 6 wickets and 4.3 overs to spare.
Man of the Match: Mashrafe Mortaza

Series won by: Bangladesh
Man of the Series: Shakib Al Hasan

Toss won by: Bangladesh and selected to field first.

This match has been reduced to 37 over (max) because of thick fog.

Zimbabwe’s innings: As usual the first wicket fell in the first over. Mashrafe bowled in great line and length which resulted in a catch in the 3rd sleep position. He took 3 wickets in total giving away 26 runs in 8 overs. I thought that Ashraful has made a wrong decision of bring Shakib so early in the innings. He bowled just two overs in the first spell. Later Shakib managed to pick up 3 wickets giving away 15 runs in 8 overs. Rubel took 1 and Riyad took 2 wickets today. Riyad bowled well. Before the match Ashraful said that they will try to restrict Zimbabwe to 120.

Bangladesh’s innings: Inspite of the slow batting at the bigining, I must say that the tigers batted moderately better today. Tamim (34 in 49) had a good start but couldn't hold his end of the wicket. Mehrab (2 in 25) and Ashraful (3 in 31) batted very poorly. But Shakib... he was great. He scored 33 in 36 balls with four 4s and led the team to victory. Though Mashrafe (3/26) was named the Man of the Mach, I thought that Shakib (3/15 and 33*) was more deserving owner of this title. No worries, he was named the Man of the Series.

*CONGRATULATIONS*
Players:
Bangladesh: Tamim Iqbal, Mehrab Hossain Jr, Mohammad Ashraful(c), Raqibul Hasan, Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim(w), Mahmudullah Riyad, Naeem Islam, Mashrafe Mortaza, Nazmul Hossain, Rubel Hossain.

Zimbabwe: Hamilton Masakadza, Vusi Sibanda, Stuart Matsikenyeri, Tatenda Taibu(w), Sean Williams, Keith Dabengwa, Elton Chigumbura, Prosper Utseya(c), Ray Price, Tawanda Mupariwa, Edward Rainsford, Graeme Cremer, Christopher Mpofu, Forster Mutizwa, Malcolm Waller.

Source: I am a fan of Tiger Cricket

BUT MY QUESTION IS: y was mashrafe named the Man of the Match???????
Old January 23, 2009, 10:19 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

If Mohammedan can drop Ash. for poor performances why not BCB!!!!
Old January 23, 2009, 10:35 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mali007
If Mohammedan can drop Ash. for poor performances why not BCB!!!!
bcb don't have any better than ashraful waiting in the queue. that's why they can't drop ashraful...