facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 8, 2010, 11:20 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default Big Picture Thread: 'Bangladesh can be quite strong'

Shane Warne accuses Strauss of being disrespectful of Test cricket and adds:

Quote:
I hope England aren't taking Bangladesh lightly because they can be quite strong...
you would think he would be aware of the drubbings in NZ, yet he's still remembering fatullah and seems to get the bigger picture.

http://www.cricinfo.com/bdeshveng201...ry/447490.html

#OneTeam1Dream

Old February 8, 2010, 11:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

or maybe you just reading too much in between the lines. I dont think warne cares two hoots about bangladesh cricket. All he cared about was trying to demean the english.
Old February 8, 2010, 11:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Warne is getting the bigger picture to play his part to join in the mind game with English team ahead of next summer's Ashes. He is not concerned about Bangladesh cricket, all he is trying to put pressure on English team.
Old February 8, 2010, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by layperson
or maybe you just reading too much in between the lines. I dont think warne cares two hoots about bangladesh cricket. All he cared about was trying to demean the english.
Or, may be he is scard his "Old Boss" England might lose to BD, thus...
Old February 9, 2010, 12:03 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Yup, some of us are just too eager to receive a pat on the back for nothing.
Old February 9, 2010, 12:36 AM
Club Cricketer

Warnie said Afridi was hungry
Old February 9, 2010, 12:54 AM
Cricket Legend

oh those appreciations killing us indirectly. we are still underdog to England. there is no point for IF/BUT condition in test ranking. so nothing to make us relaxed !
Old February 9, 2010, 12:55 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Yup, some of us are just too eager to receive a pat on the back for nothing.
a) i doubt he would have said this 5 years ago

b) regardless of what he said, does anyone think england will just cruise through the country en route to 5-0? i don't. it might be 5-0, but england will have to scratch and claw for every win.

c) "quite strong" should not be mistranslated as "no.1 side in the world", "extra-ordinary", "great", "world beating", or "unbeatable"

d) notice the word "can"...bangladesh can be quite strong...they can also be quite weak.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 9, 2010, 01:25 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

we dont deserve any praise

we need comments like shehwack, then we can perform
Old February 9, 2010, 01:28 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Or, may be he is scard his "Old Boss" England might lose to BD, thus...
Or may be he has a new Bengali girl friend...he was pressured to support BD by her new gf.
Old February 9, 2010, 02:15 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
a) i doubt he would have said this 5 years ago

b) regardless of what he said, does anyone think england will just cruise through the country en route to 5-0? i don't. it might be 5-0, but england will have to scratch and claw for every win.

c) "quite strong" should not be mistranslated as "no.1 side in the world", "extra-ordinary", "great", "world beating", or "unbeatable"

d) notice the word "can"...bangladesh can be quite strong...they can also be quite weak.
Asad, your ability to over-analyze is simply amazing!!!!
Old February 9, 2010, 02:40 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

without even bothering to read the content, just by glancing at the thread title i gave it three green arrows

i want to bookmark this thread and come back to it after 1 month...see the difference...you would think i am joking OR

what else can i say, i am just a blind die hard Supporter of Bangladesh Cricket!

Alhamdulillahi RAbbil A'lamin!
Old February 9, 2010, 02:52 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Yes vry dangerous indeed. Hell we are threatening to win wc 2011. English team must be peeing in their pants now hearing warns comments.
Old February 9, 2010, 03:00 AM
Cricket Legend

We're occasionally "quite strong" in Bangladesh. Outside of home conditions, we are fail. Epic fail.
Old February 9, 2010, 04:14 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Thanks Warny.
Old February 9, 2010, 06:27 AM
Street Cricketer

I think our BD team is now semi world class team,bcoz i objerved their improvement since jimmie siddons comes our team as coach,but still BD boy's r learning,,,,,,continued......
Old February 9, 2010, 06:36 AM
Street Cricketer

I think warne's word's r right,but i dont know what's on his mind,bt BD is really semi strong team,by dint of coach jimie siddons..i think BD boy's has no technical prblem but they didn't ever forget BCB's chairman's speech,i think they face still mental problem...
Old February 9, 2010, 06:49 AM
Street Cricketer

I think warne's word's r right,but i dont know what's on his mind,but BD is really semi strong team,by dint of coach jimie siddons..although they must have strong in fielding side,in last series and present they missed many catches and misfield in save boundry,so its necessary to play a real strong cricket against powerful team,and in my point of view Shafiul is done great job,he has the power of batsman weakens,so every bowler should know batsman weakens like Shafiul,i think also BD boy's has no technical prblem but they didn't ever forget BCB's chairman's speech,i think they face still mental problem...
Old February 9, 2010, 06:50 AM
Club Cricketer

On home soil, Bangladesh will push most full strength teams. Even in the recent series against India, Bangladesh showed they are a very capable outfit when the conditions suit them.

I expect England to have the odd easy day or so during the tour - but generally it will be hard fought.

We should not read too much into the NZ tour - BD were always going to struggle on those lush pitches.
Old February 9, 2010, 09:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Well to be honest, we are a competent team when playing in home conditions. I mean we almost beat NZ at home..

Its in non-subcontinental conditions that our players suck... They just are not used to it.
Old February 9, 2010, 09:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseer
Warne is getting the bigger picture to play his part to join in the mind game with English team ahead of next summer's Ashes. He is not concerned about Bangladesh cricket, all he is trying to put pressure on English team.
Old February 9, 2010, 10:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akib
Well to be honest, we are a competent team when playing in home conditions. I mean we almost beat NZ at home..

Its in non-subcontinental conditions that our players suck... They just are not used to it.
Right

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old February 9, 2010, 02:48 PM
Cricket Sage

bottom line is this:

england struggled quite mightly (about as mightily as any G8 sides) in 2003 against a side consisting of Chacha, Tapash, Hannan, etc.

that side would have lost to our current team if we extrapolate strengths and outcome properly - ON PAPER.

this england side did beat SA in SA, and swann will be a threat, but teh BD conditions should throw them off. but i guess plenty of time to acclimate with 5 matches ahead of teh 2 tests.

but every major team has struggled in their first innings against BD for the last 4 consecutive series: India 243, SL 293, NZ 171, SA 170 --> average score of 219 and not a single score past 300!

say whatever about not getting used to the conditions...BD didn't exploit unfamiliar conditions before, and there is no reason to believe a streak of 4 in a row will end with England.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 9, 2010, 03:30 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
bottom line is this:

england struggled quite mightly (about as mightily as any G8 sides) in 2003 against a side consisting of Chacha, Tapash, Hannan, etc.

that side would have lost to our current team if we extrapolate strengths and outcome properly - ON PAPER.

this england side did beat SA in SA, and swann will be a threat, but teh BD conditions should throw them off. but i guess plenty of time to acclimate with 5 matches ahead of teh 2 tests.

but every major team has struggled in their first innings against BD for the last 4 consecutive series: India 243, SL 293, NZ 171, SA 170 --> average score of 219 and not a single score past 300!

say whatever about not getting used to the conditions...BD didn't exploit unfamiliar conditions before, and there is no reason to believe a streak of 4 in a row will end with England.
So what are you trying to say? BD will whitewash ENG? BD will win one match? BD will loose everything but they will be dangerous for Eng?
Old February 9, 2010, 06:41 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammed Ashraful
Default Warne sticking up for Bangladesh

Just a local article from Australia. Good on Warne for sticking up for Bdesh and giving it back to Strauss. Hopefully we do give England a mighty fright and win.

Quote:

Full Article: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/sh...-1225828118287

Warne, speaking at Lord's on Monday, said Strauss's absence for next month's two-Test series, when England will be led by Alastair Cook, would cause trouble.

Strauss's placekin the team could be taken by Michael Carberry and, after helping the 29-year-old revive his career when captain of Hampshire, Warne said he would like nothing more than to see his former county colleague give the selectors a huge headache.

"I hope they are not taking Bangladesh too easy because they can be quite strong," Warne said.

"What if they (Bangladesh) win the first Test? Does Strauss fly out for the second?

"I hope it's not the start of a trend. It's a lack of respect for Test cricket.