facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 26, 2013, 04:26 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nannu, Ash, Mash
BDFlag 10 years with Banglacricket.Com!!!

Just figured out that today is the 10th anniversary of my BC membership.

At this moment I am going through a mixed bag of feelings – some personal and some cricket related.

When I started my journey here in BC on 26th January 2003, Bangladesh was genuine minnow in the world cricket. But Ashraful and Mashrafee’s arrival gave us hope in those difficult days. Since then we have come a long way. Bangladesh is now a decent team, at least in our home ground. Our quest for making competitive team has come to a reality, especially in ODI. The future looks bright with the emergence of new generation of players like Anamul, Mominul, and Shohag Gazi etc. However, we are still suffering in the test arena. I sincerely hope that we will become a formidable side in every aspect of the game in next 10 years.

In personal life, I have grown older and became a mid-age man now. Back then I was in my early 20s and full with gusty emotions. In last 10 years a lot of thing has happened in my life - I finished my graduation, got married, have a family now, worked few years, and went back to pursue PhD which is about to finish (hopefully by the end of this year). Over the years I have learned a few tricks of how to handle the pressure of life better.

I still remember those early days when as a young Bangladeshi cricket fan I had to tolerate immense pain after those heavy loses. Banglacricket.Com and its enthusiastic fans were always there for me to vent out the frustration and dream about the better future. Now this did not happen easily – a lot of fans and moderators have worked hard to make this portal a lively one. I would like to thank Banglacricket.Com, moderators, and BC members personally to be with me in this journey.

Thank you BC, thank you tiger fans. Wish a very happy and prosperous future. Let’s stay together here in BC for another 100 years and roar together - দৌড়া, বাঘ আইলো! হালুম!