facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old June 2, 2013, 09:49 PM
Cricket Guru

I only recall few seconds but too much information overload even impacting the ones I had...and nowadays I can't even remember what happened few days ago let alone what happened 10 days ago...it's been challenging in my life and also in my work ...I probably know what I have according to modern mental health medical field but not interested to even know about it.

Old June 5, 2013, 07:09 PM
Cricket Guru

I think my earliest memory is when i was 4/5....4 i think...we lived in South Africa at the time & went to visit Kruger National Park...and after a while a whole bunch of elephants came and surrounded our car. I don't remember what happened after....but we're all still alive :p
Old June 6, 2013, 06:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antora
we lived in South Africa at the time & went to visit Kruger National Park...and after a while a whole bunch of elephants came and surrounded our car. I don't remember what happened after....but we're all still alive :p
Reminds me of Gandhi.
Old June 7, 2013, 12:09 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

My earliest memory is when i was 3 years old (1986). Back then, we lived in Sunamgonj due to my father's posting. Our house was very close to my father's office. He used to play Tennis with his colleagues after office hours. He still has that tennis bat.

That time the infamous 87 flood happened where thousands of people died. I still remember that time. Within couple of hours, all our furniture were under the water. We had to put 3/4 beds one over another to stay safe. Snakes were all over the place. We had to flee away from the place by speed boat. My parents had real hard time. I was only 4 years old and my younger brother was just 1 year old. My father's official staffs and few other his friends really helped us during that time. We are still very thankful to them !
Old June 7, 2013, 11:53 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
My earliest memory is when i was 3 years old (1986). Back then, we lived in Sunamgonj due to my father's posting. Our house was very close to my father's office. He used to play Tennis with his colleagues after office hours. He still has that tennis bat.

That time the infamous 87 flood happened where thousands of people died. I still remember that time. Within couple of hours, all our furniture were under the water. We had to put 3/4 beds one over another to stay safe. Snakes were all over the place. We had to flee away from the place by speed boat. My parents had real hard time. I was only 4 years old and my younger brother was just 1 year old. My father's official staffs and few other his friends really helped us during that time. We are still very thankful to them !
Arrey bolo ki Naimul...87 flood I just passed my 10th grade final -S.S.C. ...and you were 4 yrs old in Shunamganj!

I myself remember 1970 at the age of 6-7 months old...wearing a daiper (back home we call it, daipher aka Lengut) and clapping watching the "Hanadaar Bahinis" gettin their booties kicked by the Mookti Shenas and Indian forces and remember myself clapping and peeing on the Hanadar Bahini's burning vehicles, equipments etc. and in the process the Mookti Shenas picking me up and saying look at this Shishu Nabalok, destroying the hanadars with his Hishu!!

Mia bhais, I remember being like diesel since I was a little baby, "Ami Diesel: Jonmo Theke Jolchi"
Old June 8, 2013, 07:42 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Arrey bolo ki Naimul...87 flood I just passed my 10th grade final -S.S.C. ...and you were 4 yrs old in Shunamganj!
Apnake dada daki ki emni emni !?
Old June 8, 2013, 10:53 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom

I myself remember 1970 at the age of 6-7 months old...wearing a daiper (back home we call it, daipher aka Lengut) and clapping watching the "Hanadaar Bahinis" gettin their booties kicked by the Mookti Shenas and Indian forces and remember myself clapping and peeing on the Hanadar Bahini's burning vehicles, equipments etc. and in the process the Mookti Shenas picking me up and saying look at this Shishu Nabalok, destroying the hanadars with his Hishu!!

Mia bhais, I remember being like diesel since I was a little baby, "Ami Diesel: Jonmo Theke Jolchi"
Old June 8, 2013, 11:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

i am gonna turn this thread controversial now.

i was thinking really hard about this question. what is one thing that i remember from my childhood..?

and i finally figured it out. the only childhood memory i have is of my musolmani... i think regardless of age everyonr remembers this horrible horrible experience...

i think circumcision should be banned.... i think it is one of those primitive practice that caught on and still exists to this day..... its barbaric......

arent there simikar practice of maiming new born girls in some african tribes? why isnt circumcising boys not banned yet?
Old June 8, 2013, 11:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

god damn it i still cringe to this day thinking about it....... the lady that used to work in our house helped me out during that tough time... no joke. God bless that illiterate lady... she used to say "bhaiya shunen eto kanna katir kichu nai, buuk fuliya fulaiya bolben, amar musolmani hoiche. Apne etodin pore ekta beta hoichen".
Old June 9, 2013, 12:01 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb

i think circumcision should be banned.... i think it is one of those primitive practice that caught on and still exists to this day..... its barbaric......

arent there simikar practice of maiming new born girls in some african tribes? why isnt circumcising boys not banned yet?
Arey bhaia be grateful you didn't have it done using this method.

Quote:
New York Mayoral Candidates
Instruments used in the Jewish circumcision ceremony lie on a table prior to the circumcision of baby infant Mendl Teichtal at the Chabad Lubawitsch Orthodox Jewish synagogue on March 3, 2013 in Berlin, Germany. (Photo by Sean Gallup/Getty Images)

The candidates for New York City mayor have offered their positions on an unexpected issue -- an ancient Jewish ritual in which blood is sucked from the recently circumcised penis of a baby boy.

The ritual, called metzitzah b'peh, is controversial because infants can contract herpes when the mohel, or circumciser, sucks the blood to "cleanse" the circumcision wound.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3360526.html
Old June 9, 2013, 02:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
i am gonna turn this thread controversial now.

i was thinking really hard about this question. what is one thing that i remember from my childhood..?

and i finally figured it out. the only childhood memory i have is of my musolmani... i think regardless of age everyonr remembers this horrible horrible experience...

Lolz, i also remember my circumcised day, actually the doctor uncle betrayed with me. after the injection i kept on telling him - jokhon kajta korben amake ektu janaben jeno betha paile sojjo korar jonno prostut thakte pari, basa theke jawar somoy bohut prep. niye gesilam. i kept on asking the buira doc. for quite a few times but he always smiled at me.
suddenly he wrapped the lungi around me- thought se lojja pacche mone hoy. but then took me out of the chamber saying kaj sesh.

About banning circumcision i heard that it is medically beneficial if one does that. Once a doctor told me he had to do many of such operations of 20-25 years old men who were suffering from infections. So i guess it is better to do early in a funny memorable style.