facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 23, 2014, 07:41 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Default is there a way out of this?

12 consecutive losses so far. Games that should have been won comfortably are being lost. Is there a way out of this vicious cycle we are in. If you were in charge what would you do? We have seen BCCI trying something new with Shastri. What do we need to do to get out of this mess?

Old August 23, 2014, 07:51 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

i don't think there is a quick solution, what needs to be done is an overhaul of the domestic structure and coaching to change the cricket culture in BD, of course you want each cricketing nation to have it's own culture but at the same time that culture needs to produce cricketers to a certain standard not just in terms of talent but in the mental side of it to.

it's going to have to start from age group level as well, can't just start from NCL or DPL level or as it currently is international level (if you even consider them doing it at that level atm). there needs to be a seriousness and a work ethic to it.
Old August 23, 2014, 07:53 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

Change this controversial coach (he was sacked by SL) and the biased captain (he will include his 'In-Law' in the playing eleven no matter how bad he is ) .
Old August 23, 2014, 08:08 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

@gowza: no doubt domestic cricket holds the key to long term progress. I am more concerned about right now and the disaster that will be the australia world cup campaign.

If i had the power i would send Tamim, Shamsur, Nasir, Ryad, Razzak and Gazi home and bring in the changes.
I would split the odi and test captaincy between Mashrafi and Mushy respectively. I would make Anamul vice captain for odi and mominul vc for tests.
I would offer top dollars to get either Stuart Law or Dav Whatmore back
I would sack papon, akram and the entire selection committee and put Saber and Atahar in charge
Old August 23, 2014, 08:26 AM
Cricket Guru

no way i'd keep mushy as test captain, i'd prefer to make shakib the captain again. as bad as it might look to make shakib captain this soon after all his controversy i think it's a better option than continuing with mushy. don't mind mash being the one-day captain but if you were to make shakib test captain why not make him one-day captain also? mash always has the issue of his body breaking down and you really need a consistent captain.

i think it's to soon to make anamul and mominul VCs though, mash can have the one-day VC spot and you might have to give mushy the test VC spot.

tamim definitely needs time out, he's had more than enough time to comeback to form at the international level, time for him to go back to domestics and work hard. nasir i think should have a couple more series and if he gives nothing then back to domestics, riyad is more complicated, he's pretty much our best off spinner atm and possibly our best spinner after shakib atm, his batting might suck atm but the potential is but atm i just see that as a bonus to his bowling, if taijul turns out to be quality then riyad's spot is in trouble because he then has to fall back onto his batting which seems to have regressed.

shamsur imo needs a god solid run, i'm not saying he's the answer but i've seen good skills from him but what he hasn't been given is a decent extended run, he gets matches here and there and untill he gets a solid run we can't say for sure whether he should stay or go.

razzak and gazi definitely need to go.
Old August 23, 2014, 08:32 AM
Cricket Guru

also send the seniors off to camps in other countries. they obviously need quality advice from experienced international players, i'm not talking about ex players i'm talking current (or maybe recently retired) senior players that they respect and want to learn from. BCB need to seek out some of the senior players that actually want BD cricket to succeed and get them to have quality time with the BD senior players to try and knock some sense into them.

they also need to send the seniors to quality training camps, more than one or two, so that they can see how real players go about the profession.

then it's up to the senior BD players to instill this in the youngsters coming through and lead by example. problem with these idea's though? the senior players actually need to take some responsibility and i reckon if they were willing to they would have already done so.

while the seniors are doing that the youngsters can be sent on A team tours to foreign conditions so they actually learn to play in tough conditions.
Old August 23, 2014, 08:42 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

The only thing we can try right now is give some new guys who look like they could play at this level a chance. There's no guarantee that they'd sustain any success they may achieve at this level, but it's worth a try. Better than seeing the usual rotation with declining results.

Bring-in Hom, Rumman, Sohan, Shoikot and possibly Ratul right away and give them an extended run to adjust to this level. Persist with Shourobh and Taskin. Get rid of has-beens like Rex once and for all. Give Taijul a go. Bench Tamim, Nasir, Riyad and other non-performers. Avoid bringing-in streaky players with inadequate hand-eye coordination and shoddy technique. That means no KaEdge, Kopa, Jia, or Omi type of players. Make Bijoy the captain and see what happens. Make Heath Streak the head coach. He has had an impact and obviously gets through to players.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 23, 2014, 09:08 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
@gowza: no doubt domestic cricket holds the key to long term progress. I am more concerned about right now and the disaster that will be the australia world cup campaign.

If i had the power i would send Tamim, Shamsur, Nasir, Ryad, Razzak and Gazi home and bring in the changes.
I would split the odi and test captaincy between Mashrafi and Mushy respectively. I would make Anamul vice captain for odi and mominul vc for tests.
I would offer top dollars to get either Stuart Law or Dav Whatmore back
I would sack papon, akram and the entire selection committee and put Saber and Atahar in charge
Why would you send back Tamim when he looks like he is coming back in form? scored 26 and 37 in last two games.
Besides who will you bring, Khocha Nafees & Junaid ? we have a World cup coming & once Tamim scores a fifty he will be back to old Tamim, we need the inform Tamim for the World cup and only playing real matches can help him.
I will still keep Ryad in the team in absence of Sakib & Ziah , I don't consider Ryad as an alrounder anymore, if he is in the team is because he is a useful bowler who can bat a bit.
Gazi I thought bowled smartly yesterday.
Shamsur is a player who needs to go to domestics and improve his batting which looks very nightwatchman-ish.
Same for NAsir
Kaedge disappointed me so much, I thought he will make a strong come back but no.
Old August 23, 2014, 09:18 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

^^I said what i would do to change things but how about you? do you have any suggestions or do u want to keep the same team and keep losing?
Old August 23, 2014, 09:59 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
^^I said what i would do to change things but how about you? do you have any suggestions or do u want to keep the same team and keep losing?
I agree with your idea , only that I'll keep Tamim (if KAedge or Kopa had shown good form then I'd drop Tamim) & keep Ryad also because of lack of options.
I will play Taskin and Momin in all ODIs we play this year.
Old August 23, 2014, 10:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

leave politics and game separate from each other, only solution. people like papon or any BAL people is bad for cricket.

need people who loves cricket

papon gets all credit to destroy BD cricket
Old August 23, 2014, 11:32 AM
Banned

The solution is to bring back Ashraful if we want to win once in a blue moon or else we should get used to losing in 10-11 in a row...
Old August 23, 2014, 12:41 PM
Cricket Savant

We have to play good cricket. That's our only way out. Love El Capitano

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old August 23, 2014, 01:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Changing domestic structure is a long term solution towards creating new players in the pipeline.

If I remember correctly then almost this very same team, with an exception of 2 or 3 players won us some amazing matches and series. The difference is we now lack a very good hands on batting coach and are stuck with a stubborn captain who don't listen and learn. So bringing back Shakib as a captain and a getting a proven high profile batting coach would make world of difference.
Old August 23, 2014, 03:40 PM
Banned

I would bring back old players out of retirement Rafique, Pilot, Javed Omar, Biddyut, Alok, they can all come back. They worked hard to get us ODI status and then Test status. The current crop just take things for granted
Old August 23, 2014, 03:53 PM
First Class Cricketer

It hurts mostly when i see the players not trying hard enough on field.
I did not see it from Nasir, Riyad, Raj, Shamsur, Gazi, Ash etc. though they might have shown something off field or at nets to keep getting the calls but seems like they lost interest in cricket and just want to be spectator like us.

Wish to get Shak, Mominul, Anamul, Mash, Mushfiq etc for every game that bd plays. even Tamim, Imrul, Robiul are serious from time to time.

Taskin, Al Amin too early to call.

Not a good future in near term specially when management's main focus is not on field game but all the other off field things.
Old August 23, 2014, 04:06 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

The thing is.... everything has been tried. BCB tried picking youngstars, tried sticking with seniors, tried being patient with a coach, tried bringing a complete new coaching setup, tried being lenient on the players, tried being strict on the players, tried home conditions, tried away conditions, tried putting them on pressure, tried putting them off the pressure.............

But,

What did the off form seniors do to make a comeback?
What did our struggling youngstars do to rectify their mistakes?
What did the captain do to bring the whole team together?
What did the new/returns do to justify their selection?
Old August 23, 2014, 06:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
The thing is.... everything has been tried. BCB tried picking youngstars, tried sticking with seniors, tried being patient with a coach, tried bringing a complete new coaching setup, tried being lenient on the players, tried being strict on the players, tried home conditions, tried away conditions, tried putting them on pressure, tried putting them off the pressure.............

But,

What did the off form seniors do to make a comeback?
What did our struggling youngstars do to rectify their mistakes?
What did the captain do to bring the whole team together?
What did the new/returns do to justify their selection?
everything mentioned in this post points to attitude of the cricket culture in BD.
Old August 23, 2014, 09:24 PM
Cricket Guru

There is no solution if we don't fix the problem in our mind, cricket culture and overall how we view the cricket development and game. The entire revamp is needed for our infrastructure and I am amazed the people who are in charge of this is not getting penalized what so ever. Enough coaching and player changes but they have to share responsbilities for their inability to run a cricket infrastructure. But nothing is happening to the BCB. So, we will so now drastic change.
Old August 23, 2014, 10:53 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

The poor attitude can be seen when the tail enders come to bat. How many times have we seen Gazi Razzak and co going for big shots when there is a set and established batsman at the other end? Our tail shows us that at an individual level there is no self belief that they are good enough to win. Only Shakib has that belief. When the required thing to do is to take a single and give the strike back to somebody like Anamul they play shots and keep missing. It shows a total lack of awareness of the cricket game itself. I remember Al Amin said i cant stop myself when the ball is in my zone ( after going for a wild swing and getting out in a test match when we could have stayed on for 10-15 overs more). It sounds retarded coming from an international cricketer.
Old August 23, 2014, 11:19 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
everything mentioned in this post points to attitude of the cricket culture in BD.
I dont understand what u mean.... elaborate please
Old August 23, 2014, 11:32 PM
Cricket Guru

mental discipline, i agree it just sounds wrong, with enough practice and enough methods put in place and repeated then something like what al amin said can be fixed, generally it's called maturing as a cricketer which comes through common sense but maybe the BD boys need that little extra help to get to that point.
Old August 23, 2014, 11:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
I dont understand what u mean.... elaborate please
with a proper cricketing culture the players would do the things you noted.

all the points you made are affected by player attitude which comes down to cricketing culture.

australia and WI were previously so successful because of the attitude of the players and the cricketing culture in their country at that time. the australian cricket culture has fallen away and now the team although still decent is nowhere near what it was 10-15 years ago, same with WI (but their golden period was the 70s-90s)
Old August 23, 2014, 11:39 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

all of them need to visit the masjid and cry in front of Allah. Proven, tested and effective way to get out of messy situations.
Old August 24, 2014, 12:24 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Change the captain for gods sake

i'll take HaBa over mushfik anyday..thats how bad mushfik is

how in the hell he was the u19 captain god konw