facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old March 13, 2005, 10:50 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default Bangladesh\'s Image in Politicians\' Eyes

Any comments?

Source: DailyStar

Edited on, March 14, 2005, 3:52 AM GMT, by cisco-guy.

Old March 13, 2005, 11:19 PM

hmm.......BAN THEM!!!
Old March 14, 2005, 09:26 AM
Cricket Sage

Who is that tiger?
Old March 14, 2005, 02:42 PM
Club Cricketer

Daily Star is a anti-Muslim pro-india rag...............

Its attempt to justify its continued activity to sully the image of Bangladesh on behest of its masters in India is as CONTEMPTABLE as it is transparent..........
Old March 14, 2005, 02:47 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Fazal
Who is that tiger?
Khudarto, Nipirito Bangladesher Jonota
Old March 14, 2005, 02:47 PM
Retired BC Admin

May I ask, is this an opinion or a fact?
Old March 14, 2005, 02:48 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by mb444
Daily Star is a anti-Muslim pro-india rag...............

Its attempt to justify its continued activity to sully the image of Bangladesh on behest of its masters in India is as CONTEMPTABLE as it is transparent..........
Really!
R u related to any ISI agent?
Old March 14, 2005, 02:49 PM
Club Cricketer

Not last time i checked...................are u a related to any RAw agents?
Old March 14, 2005, 02:53 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Not last time i checked...................are u a related to any RAw agents?
Nope, I am a proud Bangladeshi and I don't like Jamat.

Now, let's get back to what Chinaman said- Your statement on Daily Star is based on fact or opinion. What is it? And why do you think so?

Edited on, March 14, 2005, 7:56 PM GMT, by cisco-guy.
Old March 14, 2005, 02:59 PM
Club Cricketer

I am a Proud bangladeshi who does not give a damn about Jamat but will not accept indian hedgemony.............and does not care for confused bangladeshi who does.........marely proclaiming to be a proud bangladeshi does not make you so........it is a lot of waffle without substance...............

Do you think my analysis of daily star inaccurate? if so how?

As for Jamat.......in a democracy you are not oblidged to like every party
Old March 14, 2005, 03:03 PM
Cricket Sage

How casually we can accuse people/organization/newspaper of treason in poker face without blinking our eyes and don't feel necessary to give an explanation why we think so.

At least in my dictionary, it’s a serious offence and should not be used left and right so casually.
Old March 14, 2005, 03:05 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
I am a Proud bangladeshi who does not give a damn about Jamat but will not accept indian hedgemony.............and does not care for confused bangladeshi who does.........marely proclaiming to be a proud bangladeshi does not make you so........it is a lot of waffle without substance...............

As for Jamat.......in a democracy you are not oblidged to like every party
Yes, I am confused. I have a hard time understanding your rationale that this cartoon is pro-India.
What india got to do with it? Unless you have some inside info that you wanna tell us.
Old March 14, 2005, 03:18 PM
Retired BC Admin

Quote:
marely proclaiming to be a proud bangladeshi does not make you so........it is a lot of waffle without substance
Spot on, bro.

Quote:
I think I'm getting old really fast, seem to miss things a lot lately. Would you please help me locate the analysis? Thank you very much.
Old March 14, 2005, 03:19 PM
Club Cricketer

As someone who reads the daily star on a daily basis, their anti islamic points of view are self evident.

Daily Star is a paper which has adopted secularism or atleast anti-communalism as a basis of its editorial policy. In itself this is highly commendable, however it marely apes objectivity nothing more.

The current anti-ahmadiya movement - a lot of wasted energy on absolutely nothingin my opinion - is being covered from a point of view of bigot doing this and bigots doing that. However true objectivity would call for a full and frank explanation of the anti-ahmadiya points of view. This can be done without compromising the papers secular credintials but they have chosen to simply reduce themselves to name calling.

in respect of India - the current border tensions - its articles are the essence of sanitised nutrality and its editorials urges unadultared caputulation to indian hedgemony and providing excuses and justifications for indian aggressions.
Obviously they do not write such things explicitly, but its position is not very subtle either!
Old March 14, 2005, 03:27 PM
Club Cricketer

Cisco-guy--------

It is possible that you are as intellectually challenged as you sound.......or you have got the wrong end of the stick..........

On the probability of the latter let me urge you to read my original post.......

My comment was that the cartoon was dispicable and untrue...................and I went on to explain that the raison d'etre for daily star publishing it was to play-act the role of the victim as a cover for the rag's virulent anti-islamism and pro-indianism.
Old March 14, 2005, 03:31 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
As someone who reads the daily star on a daily basis, their anti islamic points of view are self evident.

Daily Star is a paper which has adopted secularism or atleast anti-communalism as a basis of its editorial policy. In itself this is highly commendable, however it marely apes objectivity nothing more.

The current anti-ahmadiya movement - a lot of wasted energy on absolutely nothingin my opinion - is being covered from a point of view of bigot doing this and bigots doing that. However true objectivity would call for a full and frank explanation of the anti-ahmadiya points of view. This can be done without compromising the papers secular credintials but they have chosen to simply reduce themselves to name calling.

in respect of India - the current border tensions - its articles are the essence of sanitised nutrality and its editorials urges unadultared caputulation to indian hedgemony and providing excuses and justifications for indian aggressions.
Obviously they do not write such things explicitly, but its position is not very subtle either!
Ok, cool. Good explanation so far. Now can you please elaborate a bit on this "aniti-Islam" thing? How did you come to this conclusion? Can you please enlighten us with some data? Thanks again.
Old March 14, 2005, 03:41 PM
Club Cricketer

Cisco-guy.

Giving you the benefit of doubt really was unnecessay it seems........

What i stated already was fully self sufficient in its logic and remit and I see any further elaboration unnecessary. Is it your position that the Daily Star is not anti-muslim and pro-indian? What is the level of proof that you are looking for?

Perhaps rather than making glib statements you would flesh out you position. it really is not feasible to have any discussion without any points of reference. I feel no particular need to lecture and educate anyone.
Old March 14, 2005, 03:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Looks like we are learning fast from Bush
"either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists."
Old March 14, 2005, 03:58 PM
ODI Cricketer

another daily star news:
Dhaka urged not to fight border fencing
Indian HC in Dhaka requests in a letter
Shariful Islam

The Indian High Commission in Dhaka has requested the government to instruct Bangladesh Rifles (BDR) not to resist Border Security Force (BSF) of India from constructing barbed wire fences at some places within 150 yards of the no man's land, a well placed BDR source said.
Ji hoojoor, apnara jai bolben tai hobe.
hmm. can run but can't hide

Edited on, March 14, 2005, 8:59 PM GMT, by al.

Edited on, March 14, 2005, 9:02 PM GMT, by al.
Old March 14, 2005, 04:06 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Cisco-guy.

Giving you the benefit of doubt really was unnecessay it seems........

What i stated already was fully self sufficient in its logic and remit and I see any further elaboration unnecessary. Is it your position that the Daily Star is not anti-muslim and pro-indian? What is the level of proof that you are looking for?

Perhaps rather than making glib statements you would flesh out you position. it really is not feasible to have any discussion without any points of reference. I feel no particular need to lecture and educate anyone.
Daily Star is the most popular and reputable English newspaper in the country - neither anti-Muslim nor pro-Indian, IMHO. I really like the sketch. It portrays the current political situation of the country.

And let’s face it, bud! We have a problem with Religious bigots and fanatics in the country now. There is no historical shortage of extreme religiousness that has caused so much hatred and misery and destruction to our Bangladeshi people.
Old March 14, 2005, 05:29 PM
First Class Cricketer

Bangladesh polticians are...................and................and !!!!!!!!!!!!...
basically i dont have words to describe them....so forget abt our country's politics..by the way.where did INDIA come from in this article/cartoon????????
Old March 14, 2005, 05:45 PM
Club Cricketer

Cisco Guy......

First of all I am not your "bud", it will perhaps be hard for you for but please desist from lowering me to your level.

Daily star may be popular but just because it is english it does not mean it is reputable. I gave you example of their anti-muslim stance (ahmadiya issue), you have provided no evidence to the contary other than marely stating your opinion.

I am going to come back with their pro-indian stance in a minute.

I want to explore your statement about religious fanaticism and its historical consequences.

The history of religious violence in the last 100 years in Bengal has been that of Hindus against Muslims. In most instances it has been the muslims in the receiving end. In the early part of 1900 within British Raj, Bengal was the most advanced region in the sub-continent. So sophisticated was its society that it was the only part of the entire non-white british empire with a functioning parliament. An option was available at that time or rather the british was willing to to cede further control so that self-autonomy and ultimately
sovereignity could be granted to Bengal as a state. The Hindus refused - reason they did not wish to live in a state where on balance muslim and hindus will about equal Power. Truth be told the money, political clout, access to the british was really the exclusive province of the hindues. yet they refused because approximately 50% of the population was to be muslim. This Hindu act against the Bengali national sprit saw the seeds of communalism ended forever bengal as an entity of any geo-political description.

Anti muslim actions by the Hindus continued in ernest - In the 20's the hindu's tried to block the creation of the Dhaka university on the basis that such a thing will facilitate Muslim education, hence would act against their hedgemony. through the 20's and 30's it was dhaka which saw the most inter-community riots in the entire sub-continent.

It was ppl like swarardy who united and organised the muslims to fight back culminating in the creation of pakistan.

People who you hate - Jamat -ul -Islam and its supporters represents the constituancy which led and fought for the creation of pakistan vis a vis now bangladesh. Jamat in pakistan-era Bangladesh represented the Muslim League of the Raj era. The history of AL is the workers pary - Swarardy ultra-muslim party. So CiscoGuy who is it that you are hating?

Now you can point at Jamat's complicity at 1971. Yet no charges have ever been bought, why not? If they are so anti-BD why has both AL and BNP sought and formed alliance with them. Looking at it in another way after the liberation of BD, what would have been the the quickest way for Mujib to consolidate power - simple effective and tried/tested solution of creating a common enemy - in this case Jamat, which incidently apart from the commies was the only other political entity in Bangladesh. Mujib is a []and certainly a paid indian agent (as confirmed by hasina) who then proceeded to destroy the nation and its islamic soul - a dictator banning all press,political parties and creating a one party state backed up by his own personal gang of thugs. He was a disgrace and the nation deserved a better leader having paid such a high price for its sovereignity. By the way Cisco-guy until Mujib returned to a liberated BD he never called for a free BD and a break-up of pakistan.

Like it or not history of BD did not begin in 1971, the path to the sovereinty of muslims i.e bengladesh was bought with blood. i wish to know what you mean when you say religious fundamentalism cause misery to Bangladeshi People.............I say it was that same islamic identity and the intrinsic need for freedom that has given birth to Bangladesh. Our war of liberation was never fought on the basis of secularism, that was a spin fabricated by mujib.

Your hatred of Jamat is illogical and baseless. From a personal point of view i would not vote for jamat because of some of their paternalistic policies. However when you call Jamat or pro-muslim parties such as BNP bigots you dishonour the muslims of this land who fought and died first for the creation of pakistan and then Bangladesh. If it were not for them muslims in Bengal would by now have been burned to extintion like those of gujrat.

Edited on, March 15, 2005, 2:48 AM GMT, by pompous.
Reason: You are overstepping your boundaries. Please watch your language in the future. Donot make any reference to anyone's religious affiliation in a denigrating manner in the future, Thank you!
Old March 14, 2005, 05:50 PM
Club Cricketer

Daily Star's general anti Bangladeshi pro-india stance.................

Ciscoguy, Simple analysis of a very recent artcle in this unpartiotic rag..........I will deconstruct it in the next post

http://www.thedailystar.net/2005/03/15/d5031501022.htm

Dhaka urged not to fight border fencing
Indian HC in Dhaka requests in a letter
Shariful Islam

The Indian High Commission in Dhaka has requested the government to instruct Bangladesh Rifles (BDR) not to resist Border Security Force (BSF) of India from constructing barbed wire fences at some places within 150 yards of the no man's land, a well placed BDR source said.

The request was made in a letter sent to the foreign ministry yesterday.

The letter reads India at a secretary-level meeting between the two countries earlier stated that they need to erect barbed wire fences at some places. So, it requests the government to give directives to the BDR not to oppose the BSF move to erect fences on the Indian side within 150 yards of the no man's land, the source added.

Sources at the high commission confirmed making the request.

When contacted yesterday evening, Foreign Minister M Morshed Khan said he did not know anything about it as he was away from the office on official purposes.

Meanwhile, BDR sources said they would not allow India to construct fences and any other installations within 150 yards of the no man's land.

BDR and BSF members exchanged fire in different bordering areas over the last few days as BSF attempted to construct fences.

In the wake of such clashes, a high-level BDR delegation reached Agartala in India yesterday noon for a meeting with top BSF officials.

DDG of BSF Gajendra Singh Chowdhury welcomed the eight-member BDR delegation led by Deputy Director General Brigadier General SM Golam Rabbani at Tripura border.

IG of BSF for Assam, Meghalaya, Monipur and Nagaland Shri SC Srivastava will lead a 14-member Indian team.

The two sides sit at 9:00am today to deal with a number of contentious issues.

Apart from barbed wire fences, construction of roads, bridges and pump houses on the Indian side within 150 yards of the no man's land will dominate the meeting, said an official at the BDR headquarters.

"Firing on and killing of innocent and unarmed Bangladeshi people by the BSF and Indian citizens are also likely to come up at the talks," the official said seeking anonymity.

The other issues on the agenda are BSF camps on the border, security, obstruction of development work on the Bangladesh side by the BSF, and smuggling of arms and ammunition and drugs.

Indian private television channel ETV yesterday quoted Rabbani as saying that Bangladesh would not allow the BSF to erect fences within 150 yards of the no man's land.

Our Dinajpur correspondent reports: A commander-level flag meeting between BDR and BSF will be held tomorrow near Barshalu village in Atoari upazila of Panchagarh district to defuse border tension.

Colonel Kaiser Uddin, sector commander of 15 rifle battalion of Dinajpur, will lead the Bangaldesh side while Commander OP Gour from Kishanganj BSF camp will lead the Indian team.

The BDR and BSF repeatedly traded fire following a dispute over the construction of a dam at Barshalupara in Atoari upazila, panicking people of the area.

According to BDR, Water Development Board (WDB) and other sources, BSF members of Moragati outpost along with over 100 Indian villagers intruded into Bangladesh territory yesterday morning and attempted to stop construction of the dam. They also tried to loot construction materials.

BDR personnel and workers foiled their bid, local sources said.
Old March 14, 2005, 06:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

The level of tolerance shown by mb444 in his post's is a bit disappointing... this illustrates the problem we have with our current crop of politician.

I would say dailystar is anti-government newspaper rather that pro-govrernment. Even though they put enough spin on their news, you can still get a pretty good idea about the concerned issues. In my definition highlighting the government failure is not anti government behaviour but it is spin that put to the news that bothers me.

I hope no one will challenge me to give examples to prove my claim.

Regarding this post... dailystar does not write articles about India being involved in a conspiracy against bangladesh while other newspapers jump to India bashing at the first possible option without any real proof.
Old March 14, 2005, 06:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:
Now you can point at Jamat's complicity at 1971. Yet no charges have ever been bought, why not?
Are you kidding with me?

That whole paragraph was messup... you mixing up issues and writing your own history for bangladesh!!!! it's funny that you correlate mujib's move to create a one party government with him being a bastard son of India I am sorry but i have to say that i have not heard such a f#*ked up logic for a long time.