facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old February 21, 2007, 01:56 AM
ODI Cricketer

BDFlag বাকশাল দেশকে অনেকদূর এগিয়ে নিতে পারতঃ হাসিনা শেখ

I have been posting quite a few reports in this forum recently and after posting the last one I thought maybe it is becoming too typical and might annoy some members and decided against posting similar threads for some time. However, after reading this article written by Hasina Shiekh and published in the "Daily Inqilab" I had to post it here.

I always believed that no news media, no history in the world is completely trustworthy, because "History is nothing but fables written by the winners". So I always keep an open mind to what the other side says. During my Dhaka University days, I witnessed a few (non-political) incidents first hand and read the reports published the following days and realized that the reporters are great fiction writers.

Today after reading this article, I had to question myself about my strong negative position against BAL, maybe what I was told by the elders are not entirely true. Those who where in Bangladesh during 71-75 and have witnessed the political environment, could you please shed some light on this?

Also I find it very interesting that Inqilab has published this report, because one would expect Prothom Alo or Jonokontho to do so.

Link

It is a long article, but I think reading it completely will be worth your time.

আজ একুশে ফেব্রুয়ারীতেও ইংরেজীতে লেখার জন্য দুক্ষিত। বাংলা টাইপিং এ আমি এখন অনেক দুরবল।

Old February 21, 2007, 02:50 AM
Test Cricketer

Nice article. Thanks for links. Even though i dont' support any of the party but i liked this one. These days i eagerly wait for prothom alo. They are doing an excellent job.
Old February 21, 2007, 03:04 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakirc

Also I find it very interesting that Inqilab has published this report, because one would expect Prothom Alo or Jonokontho to do so.
actually Inqilab has changed its view 180 degree.... i heard that after Maulana Mannan's death, his son took over and he is BAL supporter (ofcourse prime support is stil Jamat I guess). anyway, it shows the real picture of our media.

and dont be fooled by Hasina's writings. She is just scared of Dr. Yunus and thats why bad mouthing against all others except BAL as if everything was heavenly during BAL era. Also now trying to support Bakshal. To me, it was the first step to diffuse politics all over the society (if i am not wrong, everybody in administration, Defence were mandetorily member of Bakshal). If she is so clean she better announce HER SOURCE OF INCOME.. as a citizen, I dont know any legitimate source of income of Hasina, as I dont think Dr. Wazed's Govt service salary was enough for her. Her children were grown up in India and how their expenses were beared? same goes for Khaleda's family.... sorry...jsut cant resist myself from saying these things when see our political leaders cricisize others and act as an angel.
Old February 21, 2007, 03:08 AM
ODI Cricketer

At first I thought this was an exclusive to Inqilab, but I just found out Ittefaq published the same article and they are doing it in two parts, next part to come tomorrow. The part published today is below:

http://www.ittefaq.com/get.php?d=07/02/21/w/n_ztxqxx
Old February 21, 2007, 03:21 AM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:

Well Mr. Bahauddin got AL nomination this time.This is an open secret. I hope I don't have to tell anything more.

Old February 21, 2007, 10:15 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I can't believe what she is saying. Dr. Yunus must be giving her nightmares. Deshta karo poitrik shompotti na. Not Hasina's not Tareq's.

All I can say is read the book "Brave of Heart" by Habibul Alam, Bir Protik Sector 2 Commandar Dhaka City. You will find why people joined the liberation war and not BAL and during the war what did BAL do.

No free nations likes a freedom fighters. It is better for them to be a martyr. I know many of them who are still alive. They all say one thing.

"Is this what we dreamt for when we went to war and didn't care of our own lives or our families."
Old February 21, 2007, 10:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Prolonged Ganja use inspires paranoia.
Old February 21, 2007, 10:32 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

প্রবন্ধটাতে তো দেখি লেখা আছে শেখ হাসিনা। আপনি হাসিনা শেখ লিখেছেন কেন? আমি ভাবলাম অন্য কেউ। হাসিনার সম্পর্কে যায় যায় দিন এক সময় এই কৌতুটা ব্যবহার করেছিল। (সাপ্তাহিক হিসেবে যাযাদি অনেক ভালছিল, যাই হোক)।

আমার মনে হয় যায়া এটা আগে পড়েননি তাদের ভাল লাগবে:

একজন গরীব কৃষকের একটা মাত্র হালের গরু। তার সম্বল বলতে ঐ একটাই। তা বেচারার গরুটা একদিন হারিয়ে গেল। বেচারা সারাদিন টানা রোদের মধ্যে গরু খুজে হয়রান হয়ে বাড়ীর উঠনে এসে বসে পড়েছে। তারপর তার ছেলেকে বলেছে
: যা তো ভাই, আমার জন্য এক বদনা পানি আন।
কৃষকের বউতো রেগে গেছে।
:তোমার কি মাথা খারাপ হইছে। নিজের ছেলেরে ভাই বল?
কৃষক করুন মুখে: আর কইসনা মা, গরু হারাইলে এবাই হয়।

আপনার হাসিনার কথায় কিছু মনে করবেন না। গরু হারাইলে এরকমই হয়।
Old February 21, 2007, 10:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
প্রবন্ধটাতে তো দেখি লেখা আছে শেখ হাসিনা। আপনি হাসিনা শেখ লিখেছেন কেন? আমি ভাবলাম অন্য কেউ। হাসিনার সম্পর্কে যায় যায় দিন এক সময় এই কৌতুটা ব্যবহার করেছিল। (সাপ্তাহিক হিসেবে যাযাদি অনেক ভালছিল, যাই হোক)।

একজন গরীব কৃষকের একটা মাত্র হালের গরু। তার সম্বল বলতে ঐ একটাই। তা বেচারার গরুটা একদিন হারিয়ে গেল। বেচারা সারাদিন টানা রোদের মধ্যে গরু খুজে হয়রান হয়ে বাড়ীর উঠনে এসে বসে পড়েছে। তারপর তার ছেলেকে বলেছে
কৃষকের বউতো রেগে গেছে।

Rubu bhai, could you please use the tag when posting Bangla?
Your last couple of Bangla Posts were almost unreadble.

For now, I am using tag here to help myself make your bangla letters readable
Quote:

কৃষকের বউতো রেগে গেছে।

Old February 21, 2007, 11:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Ha ha ha

This is called nijer dholl nijey pitano....

Ekhono bujlo na manush keno dhalo bhabey Politisian der juta parchey... bujbey kebhabey shai ghilu thakle to...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old February 21, 2007, 12:43 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu

কৌতুক নয়, হাসিনা শেখ উনার আসল নাম। এটা গত পরশুর পত্রিকা পরে জানলাম। তাই নতুন বিদ্যা একটু কাজে লাগালাম আরকি।
Old February 21, 2007, 01:30 PM
Cricket Legend

আচ্ছা, এরশাদের কবিতা লেখা'র জন্য যেমন পর্দা'র আড়ালে অনেক গুলো প্রতিষ্ঠিত কবি ছিলো, হাসিনা'র প্রবন্ধ টবন্ধ কে লিখে দেয়? কেউ জানেন কি?

খুবই হৃদয়-স্পর্শী লেখা। সমস্যাটা হচ্ছে যে বেশী ভাগ মানুষে'র পাছা স্পর্শ করতে করতেই এই লেখা'র দম ফুরিয়ে যাবে ... হৃদয় আর স্পর্শ করা হবে না।

হাসিনা খালেদা'র সম্পদের হিসাব কবে চাইবে সেই অপেক্ষাতেই আছি
Old February 22, 2007, 12:33 AM
Test Cricketer

She is full of anger. Blame Blame Blame.... I can not see any reasonable person find any productive stuff in her article. It is full of who did what to her family? Why the heck does it matter to me or any other Bangladeshi? Why should we make her mp because her dad and her family went through hard time. She and her party had given the ultimate chance to serve the country by voting her to prime minister. She does not have the capabilty to run a country what can we do about it.

In our national cricket team player get chance to represent the country. If they fail they loose their position. It does not matter how much sacrifice his family do for cricket. If you can not do the job right somebody else will be given the chance to do it. There is nothing personnal here.

Let the most qualified person run the country. I am sorry to say Hasina and Khaleda are not among them. They had their chance and they failed to prove it. They can go and sit in the sideline for a while and give other people a chance. No need to cry for it. Why does she need our ampathy? This is not an immotional matter. It is tough job to run a country! Just step aside Please!

Last edited by shujan; February 22, 2007 at 03:23 AM..
Old February 22, 2007, 12:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by shujan

It is tough job to run a country! Just step aside Please!
Problem is Hasina is not willing to step aside and still thinks that AL is best for BD in her own dream world. She needs to be pushed aside in order for a more able person to take charge.

Boley to taapka dena hay usko
Old February 22, 2007, 01:07 AM
Test Cricketer

Bangladeshi Nobel Peace Laureate to Enter Politics

February 21, 2007
VOA Top Stories, VOA, VOA Asia, VOA Politics By voanews
Nobel Peace Prize winner Muhammad Yunus says he will start a new political party in Bangladesh to give a fresh democratic culture to the country. Anjana Pasricha reports from New Delhi that most people have welcomed the move, despite some skepticism about his chances of success.
Three decades ago, Nobel Laureate Muhammad Yunus, began giving tiny loans to poor people in Bangladesh to help them start small, income generating projects. His path-breaking work lifted millions out of poverty and made him a household name.
Now the “banker to the poor” is taking on an even more formidable challenge - cleansing the country’s discredited and divisive political culture. He recently announced plans to start a new political party because he has had enough of what he calls the politics of “disunity and division”. Yunus says he is looking for “honest” parliamentary candidates and plans to call his party “Citizens Power”.
The head of Dhaka’s Center for Policy Dialogue, Debapriya Bhattacharya, says the country is ripe for a new political initiative because most people are disillusioned with the perennial feuding between the two main parties, the Awami League, and Bangladesh Nationalist Party.
“This is a unique situation in Bangladesh, never had been in our whole history, where people were so disappointed with the ongoing traditional political institutions, and had been looking for reforms within these parties or alternatives in general.”
The initiative by Yunus comes at a crucial juncture. In January, general elections were postponed indefinitely and an emergency imposed following months of political violence triggered by differences between the two parties that dominate the country’s political landscape. A military-backed interim administration now rules the country.
Most people yearn for honest leadership in a country where political corruption is endemic, and where politicians have failed to deliver any real change. But some people worry that the murky world of Bangladesh’s politics could taint the image of one of its most popular and respected men. Others doubt he can mobilize wide political support.
The editor of Daily Star, a leading newspaper, Mahfuz Anam, says many are hoping Yunus can create a new culture by focusing on the public good, even if he does not emerge as a major political player.
“Chances of success measured by capturing power through elections may be limited,” Anam said, “but in terms of bringing about a qualitative changes in our politics, a politics which is focused on developmental work, focused on concerns of people’s lives rather than rhetoric which has engulfed country… he does provide a formidable option.”
Existing political parties have not reacted to the Yunus initiative, but observers say they will fiercely resist his efforts to provide people with a political alternative.
Posted in VOA Top Stories, VOA, VOA Asia, VOA Politics at 12:00 am by voanews | Permalink | | Print This Post | Other posts by voanews

http://mensnewsdaily.com/2007/02/21/...nter-politics/
Old February 22, 2007, 01:23 AM
Test Cricketer

Resolve workers' wage dispute
Prof Yunus tells RMG exporters
Staff Correspondent

Nobel laureate Prof Muhammad Yunus yesterday urged garment manufacturers and exporters to self-regulate the industry by establishing a domestic compliance rating for each company.He also called on the readymade garment manufacturers to resolve the disputes over workers' wages and provide health insurances for them.
Yunus was speaking at a reception given in his honour by the Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BGMEA) at Hotel Sonargaon last night.
"If we can comply with the foreign compliance standards by implementing different compliance standards [for the country's garment manufacturers] on different levels, I am sure we will be able to keep our own house in order," said Yunus.
"Things would become much more convenient for everyone if compliance ratings can be established on different levels for each company," he added.
Yunus urged all BGMEA members to resolve the problems regarding workers' wages. "It should not be a problem if the owners put their mind to it," he said, adding, "I also call on you to consider implementing a standardised programme for insurance for workers."
Yunus heaped praise on the garment manufacturers, drawing similarities between the progresses of BGMEA and his own brainchild organisation, Grameen Bank.
He said both the organisations oversaw the growth of an ever-growing entrepreneurial spirit in Bangladesh and provided massive opportunities for the poor women of the country.
He said Bangladeshis have dispelled past beliefs of an absence of entrepreneurship among the Bangalees by transforming the economy through garment exports.
"We all feared thinking what would happen to us with the downturn in global jute demand in the 1980s, but the exports of garment products have never let us feel the large vacuum left by our country's jute exports," said Yunus.
Commending the continuing growth of Bangladesh's readymade garment sector, Yunus said observers had feared poor women working in this sector would be out of work after the end of the Multi Fibre Agreement in 2005, but the country's garment manufacturers have defied those fears to grow even further.
Yunus said the poor women and the hard-working workers of Grameen Bank are the stakeholders in the pride of receiving the Nobel Peace Prize.
He recalled the innovative idea of microcredit first practised in a small village in Chittagong, which is now being demanded worldwide because Bangladesh's problems are reflected to varying extent everywhere. He cited recent interest from China, Bahrain and the British central bank as prime examples.
BGMEA President SM Fazlul Hoque, who chaired the reception programme, asked Yunus to continue in his support for Bangladeshi garment exporters to gain duty-free access to the US market.
Hoque also pledged BGMEA's support for Yunus' goal to eradicate poverty in Bangladesh as it impedes economic growth, development and increasing crime.

http://www.thedailystar.net/2007/02/21/d70221011712.htm

Now here is an example what a leader should do for his country: Open Bangladeshi garments available in the USA market without tax. This will drop Bangladeshi garments price in the USA by 10%. This will increase demand for Bangladeshi garment in the USA creating more Garment industry for Bangladesh resulting higher income. Now question to you is can Hasina or Khaleda accomplish this? Dr Yunus can.Dr Yunus has influence in Democratic leader like Hillary clinton and President Clinton. Hillary Clinton is the high profile democrat in the congress. Democrat holds congress and house both. President Clinton and Hillary Clinton asked Dr Yunus to establish grameen foundation in the USA during 1980 when Clinton was governor of Arkansas. Dr Yunus set up Grameen foundation in Arkansas first which now provide micro finance to 80 different countries. President Clinton had great influence for Dr Yunus getting Noble peace prize.

Now Please THINK who should you vote for!

Last edited by shujan; February 22, 2007 at 01:45 AM..
Old February 22, 2007, 02:48 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
She is full of anger. Blame Blame Blame.... I can not see any reasonable person find any productive stuff in her later. It is full of who did what to her family? Why the heck does it matter to me or any other Bangladeshi? Why should we make her mp because her dad and her family went through hard time. She and her party had given the ultimate chance to serve the country by voting her to prime minister. She does not have the capabilty to run a country what can we do about it.
Did you actually read the article? From your post it appears you actually skimmed through it. The article is more about her family not being corrupt, her close family members living in mediocre rented places and not owning industries, TV Channels etc. She specifically mentioned her cousins, nephews etc. She also claimed that all the post 1975 and post 2001 investigations did not result in any proven guilt of BAL leaders or her relatives. I know that the post 2001 investigations actually didn't find anything, at least nothing was publicized.

I thought during this cleansing time of BD politics, it was an excellent and timely article. Question remains, Hasina Shiekh is a proven liar famous for her out of control tongue (She received warning from the court more than once for her comments while she was the prime minister in chair). So I posted this article here with a request to all members to shed some light on this. But so far, all I received (Except a suggestion from tiger_eyes) was clever generalized answers avoiding specifics, some posts about Dr. Y etc. So does this mean the article is true? Or is it that no BC member actually knows much about these?

Please, if you can shed some light on the other side of the story with sepcifics, please do so.
Old February 22, 2007, 03:11 AM
BC Editorial Team

Zakir, when I read the piece - and yeah I read it in entirety, my first reaction was "no way did she write this". The piece is way too well written to be by her. Having heard her speak - she's not a very eloquent or well read person.

As for BAKSHAL - it represented a shameless attempt to consolidate power and turn Bangladesh into a one party state. One can wax eloquent about how noble intentions were behind it, but history has amply proven that one-party governments are NEVER the right answer. As for how the country was this wonderful happy place before Sheikh Mujib's assassination - I suggest you talk with people who head to deal with those times. Not good. The only right note she strikes is that BNP is indeed a party that was formed of carpet-baggers brought over to legitimize a military overthrow.

Both these parties are laden with corrupt people who have gotten rich off malfeasance. The "amar fufato bhai is poor" stuff is hogwash!
Old February 22, 2007, 03:53 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Zakir, when I read the piece - and yeah I read it in entirety, my first reaction was "no way did she write this". The piece is way too well written to be by her. Having heard her speak - she's not a very eloquent or well read person.
Fully agree with your view, I don't believe she is capable of writing this stuff.

Quote:
As for BAKSHAL - it represented a shameless attempt to consolidate power and turn Bangladesh into a one party state. One can wax eloquent about how noble intentions were behind it, but history has amply proven that one-party governments are NEVER the right answer. As for how the country was this wonderful happy place before Sheikh Mujib's assassination - I suggest you talk with people who head to deal with those times. Not good. The only right note she strikes is that BNP is indeed a party that was formed of carpet-baggers brought over to legitimize a military overthrow.
I have talked to so many people regarding these. And the result, everybody give either of 2 versions, (1. Bakshal was সময়ের প্রয়োজন, 2. Bakshal was to kill গনতন্ত্র) Both sides present equally strong arguments etc. The same goes with রক্ষিবাহিনী two different versions.

In this kind of situations I tend to resort to secondary evidence and personal gains are the strongest evidence carried through time. For example, Bush's family owning oil companies and getting richer by Iraq war leaves a trail of secondary evidence for people who will be in my position 50 or 100 years from now. Hasina Shiekh in"her" article attacks this exact point and claims that there was no personal gain for her family from politics. This is a very strong point and personal gain is something very difficult to ignore when you are in power, as we have seen from the proofs unearthing against the corrupt politicians recently.

Where there is no proof of personal gain, can't we conclude that at least the intentions were good?
Old February 22, 2007, 04:04 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Where there is no proof of personal gain, can't we conclude that at least the intentions were good?
if she really has a good intenstion, then she would better submit statement of her assests other than trying to gain public sympathy by writing articles on newspaper which doesnt have any kind of proof. I know nobody asked her to do so, but as a good example she could do that and ask her top leaders as to prove that her party is much more cleaner than others. We need numbers here, we have had enough of these garbage articles, they dont attract us anymore.
Old February 22, 2007, 04:38 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

What the *bleep* was Hasina babbling about??
OMG!!! for the millionth time, dont we all know the history of her family!!!

To me, it more looked like that she is reeling of missing out on the opportunity of laundering more money out of our country's pocket and handing them over to her surviving family members.!!

She realises even though Khaleda is half educated, less knowleagable than her, she (khaleda) has actually managed to outsmart her in every single possible ways, which now making her (hasina) look stupid and having to answer questions to her family members.!!

As if she is trying to tell me that while BAL was in power, they were pure milk and did nothing wrong!!

just pure rubbish.

the only way i can see us having a way out of this mess is to let this two ladies having a bi*ch fight in the middle of zero point, do some chula chuli, get the claws out, and settle the score once and for all.

the looser shaves her head, walks off and never comes within 20,000 miles of Bangladesh.

and for the winner? well, she gets to keep her hair and gets to come within 10,000 miles of BD, but nothing more.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old February 22, 2007, 09:27 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney

.............. never comes within 20,000 miles of Bangladesh........

Well, I don't think technically it is possible to move 20K miles from Bangladesh. If you go west that far, you'll come closer eastbound and vice versa.

The earth is round!!!