facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old December 27, 2006, 07:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara
Default A little help please

i am having a problem. Recently sometimes my mouse cursor starts acting weird. sometimes when i try to click something the cursor all of a sudden goes somewhere else. mostly on top of start or the cross button. is it something that i have to worry about. cause sometimes i cross something important.

thanks

Old December 27, 2006, 08:15 PM
Administrator

Try ctrl-alt-esc (assuming Windoze box) - sometimes resets focus and fixes errant mice.
Old December 27, 2006, 08:18 PM
Cricket Legend

i tried that. thanks. hopefully it will work.
Old December 27, 2006, 08:20 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Is it wired or wireless?.. ball or optical?

Check its pointer speed from Start > Control Panel > Mouse > Pointer Options, to make sure it's not set too fast. From the same menu, under 'Snap to', make sure the 'Automatically move pointer to...' option is unticked.
Old December 27, 2006, 08:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

If it's optical, put it on a non-shiny surface. Shiny surface freaks out the mouse...and optical mouses have a high failure rate.
Old December 27, 2006, 09:05 PM
Cricket Legend

its optical,wired. its from dell. thanks everyone for their replies. i will follow your advice.
Old December 28, 2006, 09:34 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

I think if its not the surface then its time to buy another one... you should have got one during turkey cell. staples was giving out the small one for free though you had to stand in the line for hours for that...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old December 28, 2006, 10:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

If everything fails and you have to buy a new one, get a Logitech mouse. I too had a Dell mouse which got busted within 5 months, but my Logitech mouse is working perfectly fine and doesn't any trouble with surface. Its been 9 months without trouble.
Old December 28, 2006, 04:21 PM
Cricket Legend

nah i still hav the problem. i just missed out on a chance to buy a wireless keyboard and a wireless mouse for 20 bucks. damn damn.
Old January 2, 2007, 02:57 PM
Cricket Legend

i need a little more help please.

ok so i was scanning my computer with mcafee. and i found this folder called complete in documents and settings with full of viruses and other things like downlaod lost season etc.
i saw this folder once before when i was scanning my comp. so i deleted it through mcafee. but it keeps coming back. and the folder is not visible. i couldnt find the folder anywhere in my comp. but every time i scan my comp macafee finds it and tells me theres a lot of virus in there. so how can i delete this forever as it seems it keeps coming back.

thanks
Old January 2, 2007, 03:13 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Dell, Logitech no matter what type of Mouse it is you have two option.

1. Get some cheese and lay it infront of the mouse. (i am sure he/she is hungry) Wait and watch what it does.

2. Get a Cat. All problems will be solved.
Old January 2, 2007, 03:17 PM
Cricket Legend

thanks tigers eye. it worked

anyway can anyone help me with the latest problem i m facing(see post above).
the virus is called W32/Alcan.worm!P2P
Old January 2, 2007, 03:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bancan
thanks tigers eye. it worked

anyway can anyone help me with the latest problem i m facing(see post above).
the virus is called W32/Alcan.worm!P2P
Re-format your computer and everything will be gone including the virus. If you know how to reformat all is well otherwise i can try helping you out by giving directions but i doubt it will be of any help if you dont know how to do it from before or have seen someone else doing it in front of you. But I can surely give it a shot. Let me know if you know how to reformat or not.
Old January 2, 2007, 03:34 PM
Cricket Legend

nope mate. i dont know how to reformat. if i do it am i gonna lose everything from my computer cause u said everythings gonna be gone?
thanks
Old January 2, 2007, 03:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
nope mate. i dont know how to reformat. if i do it am i gonna lose everything from my computer cause u said everythings gonna be gone?
thanks

Yes reformatting will erase everything from your computer. Basically what you will have after reformatting is your computer with programs when it was brand new. But you can reinstall everything else yourself and back up your other important documents in a CD before reformatting.

Before reformatting, you will need a bootable operating system CD ie a windows XP cd ( if you want to use windows XP) which is bootable. You will also need the driver installation cd's that came with your computer. I dont know about desktops but for laptops you can download the drivers from the vendor's website if you dont have the driver cds.

For reformatting, you have to enter "setup" and change the "boot menu". Put "boot from CD drive" as the primary choice. Then put in the bootable operating system cd in the drive and restart the computer. After booting from the CD choose the option of "install windows Xp"( for ex. if it is Xp you are reinstalling). Then in the next screen you will have the option of deleting the partitions you have on your hard drive. Delete them as instructed( everything will be written on the screen on what to press to delete). The create new partitions( you can create as many partitions you want but make sure the C partition has atleast 8 GB of space because it is better to have a bit of space on the partition you are installing the operating system on so that updates later on can be added without much trouble).Then make a new installation of the operating system. Thats all. Once the installation completes you have to install the drivers.

Now yer done !!!!!!!!!
Old January 2, 2007, 04:10 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

reformatting!!!! Before you do that make sure you have a backup copy of your pictures, videos and important files and softwares. You will lose everything so just a warning. I am victim of losing many songs that I had copied, downloaded etc.
Old January 2, 2007, 04:16 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Quote:
i am having a problem. Recently sometimes my mouse cursor starts acting weird. sometimes when i try to click something the cursor all of a sudden goes somewhere else. mostly on top of start or the cross button. is it something that i have to worry about. cause sometimes i cross something important.

thanks
To me, it seems like a windows option. You can set your cursor to automatically go to the 'focused' button. Go to control panel, open mouse, and click on 'pointer options' tab. At the middle, there is a 'snap to' , autometically move pointer.....

if that is checked, uncheck that, and your problem will be solved. otherwise, if yours is a while mouse, take off the ball, clean it, clean the touch points of the ball inside, put some lubricant (vasiline is a common one that works just fine) and u should be ok. if its a optical mouse, make sure the mouse pad is not black.
Old January 2, 2007, 04:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
To me, it seems like a windows option. You can set your cursor to automatically go to the 'focused' button. Go to control panel, open mouse, and click on 'pointer options' tab. At the middle, there is a 'snap to' , autometically move pointer.....

if that is checked, uncheck that, and your problem will be solved. otherwise, if yours is a while mouse, take off the ball, clean it, clean the touch points of the ball inside, put some lubricant (vasiline is a common one that works just fine) and u should be ok. if its a optical mouse, make sure the mouse pad is not black.

His mouse problems have been solved apparently !!! He has a virus which keeps coming back, a recurring virus which he cant remove using mcafee virus scan which is why i suggested reformatting.
Old January 2, 2007, 06:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

How about Symantec? Will that work against that virus? I have Symantec Corporate Edition, but dunno if it is better than McAffee.

If it is better and does work then I have the installer and can send it over in a zip file.
Old January 2, 2007, 06:25 PM
Cricket Legend

no mate i dont want to reformat. i searched in the net and found the virus is not that harmful. i probably got it from kazaa which i downloaded 1 year ago and deleted it. but i still want to delete it without reformatting . i also tried to delete it with avg and some other one which i forgot .

if anyone can help me pls do. the name of the virus is W32/Alcan.worm!P2P
Old January 2, 2007, 07:32 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Symnatec/Norton sucks... Try McAfee, and its Stinger tool. Also try Avast, and Windows Defender... Next time, use a firewall/AV, especially when downloading files using fishy software. Ditch Kazaa, use Limewire or Bittorrent. Prevention is better than cure.
Old January 2, 2007, 07:47 PM
Cricket Legend

i ditched kazaa the first day i used. which was over a year ago. anyway it seems the virus isnt causing me any trouble. so i think i will just let it be
Old January 3, 2007, 02:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
if anyone can help me pls do. the name of the virus is W32/Alcan.worm!P2P
Looks like another side effect of global warming. December was pretty warm in Canada (I guess). To my surprise I saw a bunch of earthworms in the street in December in Toronto. No wonder couple of smarter worms even able to enter your computer.

btw where is your computer? In the basement I guess? During next lease, move to 20th floor in one of those apartments and all your problem will be gone.
Old January 3, 2007, 03:02 PM
Cricket Legend

ehhhhhh not funny. losing ur touch fazal bhai?
Old March 13, 2007, 03:06 PM
Cricket Legend

i need some help again. didnt want to open a new thread. any way here my problem :

i have WMP11 but when i watch videos on the net which uses wmp(i use firefox) , the version it uses is WMP6. i want it to use wmp 11. how can i do that.

any help will be appreciated. thanks