facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old February 27, 2007, 06:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

may the departed enjoy paradise (as martyrs)

#OneTeam1Dream

Old February 27, 2007, 06:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakirc
Watching the videos of the rescue operation, I felt proud that our firefighters, police, defense personnel and other volunteers actually did a very good job in rescuing almost all the people alive with their ridiculously scarce resources. They used several improvised solutions in the rescue. Considering the fact that the entire 11 stories of the building was completely burnt, the casualty of just 3 (Out of which 2 actually died by jumping off) indicates tremendous success of the operation.

CONGRATULATIONS to all involved in the rescue operation.
Thanks zakirc for bringing out this greatly positive aspect of this sad incident. I totally agree with you, our firefighters and law enforcement pulled off a miracle. After watching the news coverage of the fire, the crowd clogging the streets and the sad looking fire engines, I wouldn't have been surprised if the casualty was above a hundred.

Great job firefighters!

When things quiet down a bit, I hope the govt will recognize them formally for this.
Old February 27, 2007, 07:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
ATN news
ATN News is your source? My khala's shashuri's older sister's son's first cousin's daughter-in-law might be a more reliable source.
Old February 27, 2007, 08:12 PM
ODI Cricketer

Actually I remember reading in one newspaper, from among prothom alo, ittefaq and inquilab, that after hearing of the incident, Falu was went silent and was sadly sitting in his cell during his usual sports hour. He did not participate in any of his regular recreational activities.

On another note, a serious question was looming in Dhaka today, "How come the 2nd, 3rd, and 11th floor of a building gets completely burnt while a few floors in the middle remain more or less unharmed from direct flame damage?" It was reported that NTV and RTV offices were damaged from heat of other floors but there was no direct fire in those floors. Is there any expert among us who can shed some light on this?
Old February 27, 2007, 08:54 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatekeeper
ATN News is your source? My khala's shashuri's older sister's son's first cousin's daughter-in-law might be a more reliable source.
Yup, that's possible. If you personally know your khala's shashuri's older sister's son's first cousin's daughter-in-law. It's that simple.

A knows B knows C knows D knows E. Doesn't necessarily mean A and E would know each other. But yea, if they know each other, their relationship may be more intimate than A's relationship with B, C, and D.
Old February 28, 2007, 12:39 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Yup, that's possible. If you personally know your khala's shashuri's older sister's son's first cousin's daughter-in-law. It's that simple.

A knows B knows C knows D knows E. Doesn't necessarily mean A and E would know each other. But yea, if they know each other, their relationship may be more intimate than A's relationship with B, C, and D.
Quote:
Lets see here, Khala Shashuri's older sister is another Khala Shashuri; Her Son is your Shala / Shommundhi; His First Cousin may well be your Wife; Her daughter-in-law would actually be your Daughter in law too.
Old February 28, 2007, 07:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir

A little education in BD media.

Print Media: Its a cartel. There are no neutral press only party affilliations. You can also buy any article for the right kind of money in any newspaper (trust me on this one, I have seen it done myself). Just read about five newspapers on one particular story you'll see the difference in reporting.

Electronic Media: A bit more reliable since a lot of their reporting is backed up by video these days. But they too play favorites.

I personally feel that in BD rumors carry as much weight as any reportage and sometime more accurate.
Old February 28, 2007, 08:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakirc
Lets see here, Khala Shashuri's older sister is another Khala Shashuri; Her Son is your Shala / Shommundhi; His First Cousin may well be your Wife; Her daughter-in-law would actually be your Daughter in law too.
Zakirc, you screwed up here, I said Khal's Shashuri, not Khala Shashuri.

You and I should get degrees in geneology and figure this out.
Old February 28, 2007, 08:30 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Zakirc, you screwed up here, I said Khal's Shashuri, not Khala Shashuri.

You and I should get degrees in geneology and figure this out.
You mean u said Khala's shashuri right? It wasn't canal's shashuri ... Anyway .. we all screw up sometimes. After all মানুস মাত্রই ভুল "Man is mortal"
Old February 28, 2007, 10:14 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
A little education in BD media.

Print Media: Its a cartel. There are no neutral press only party affilliations. You can also buy any article for the right kind of money in any newspaper (trust me on this one, I have seen it done myself). Just read about five newspapers on one particular story you'll see the difference in reporting.

Electronic Media: A bit more reliable since a lot of their reporting is backed up by video these days. But they too play favorites.

I personally feel that in BD rumors carry as much weight as any reportage and sometime more accurate.
Ahem, beyadobi maaf korben, but here's a little education on MEDIA in general:

All you said above is practiced everywhere in this world (even in NA), regardless of to what extent. Sorry to say, but even electronic media is ultimately screwed up in NA, where they can twist stories by picking up bits and pieces from different stories. The GOOD thing however is that, in NA there's more availability of alternative media, and you can see the vast difference in their coverage and connotation of certain stories. Needless to say the 9/11 stories, that have been widely twisted, not only b/w US and Canada, but also WITHIN US in different media outlets. It ultimately boils down to who owns what, and who has the capability to pay how much. IndyMedia sounds familiar to you?

The only difference, however, is that in NA, the media crimes are more high-profile than in BD. But sadly, it happens more in here.