facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old November 15, 2012, 08:03 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

Well done BD , stunning day for the fans , no complain . Inshallah we will pass the WI score and make the CRICKET WORLD believe in us .

Old November 15, 2012, 08:14 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

It looks like the groundsman has made the world's flattest batting track :-)

i am guessing the idea is thus to not lose the series or give either side a chance to win. If the wicket was quick and bouncy it would play into WI hands. If it was a spinning top it would play into WI spinners hands as well and open the door for Narine etc.

As things stand with batting on this wicket, it requires batsmen to simply go and have a net in the middle. No more, no less. Both teams racking up MASSIVE scores on an easy paced, dry pitch with no grass. I can see a line of batsmen queuing up to get an innings on this track.

Unless the ball starts to turn sharply on day 4 and 5, the only team that can beat Bangladesh on a wicket like this, is Bangladesh. Job done.

And as long as batsmen don't try to launch the ball into the stands every few seconds, this match will be the dullest draw of all time. So I am not quite sure what this proves in world cricket, other than just don't get out and wait for a pie to be bowled. If you miss out on a straight forward 100 on this beauty of a batting surface, you will likely want to hang yourself!
Old November 15, 2012, 08:17 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

^^Ian let us enjoy our moment for at least 24 hours. Right now we don't care if the pitch was the Dhaka-Chittagong highway... We want to appreciate the effort put in by our boys
Old November 15, 2012, 08:26 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
^^Ian let us enjoy our moment for at least 24 hours. Right now we don't care if the pitch was the Dhaka-Chittagong highway... We want to appreciate the effort put in by our boys
I am also thrilled that for a change, the BD batters didn't all collapse in a heap for no reason.

To be fair though, had they done so on this track and followed on, it could have been the lowest point in their 12 year Test history.

It's a pity we are celebrating a side simply not being bowled out, that's all.
Old November 15, 2012, 08:39 AM
ODI Cricketer

I think you guys have a fair chance of winning this game now. WI might end up collapsing on the 4th or 5th day ( VERY POSSIBLE ) for about 130 - 150 runs which will give you guys few runs to win the match. This pitch should turn big on the 4th or 5th days.
Old November 15, 2012, 08:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont

i am guessing the idea is thus to not lose the series or give either side a chance to win. If the wicket was quick and bouncy it would play into WI hands. If it was a spinning top it would play into WI spinners hands as well and open the door for Narine etc.

As things stand with batting on this wicket, it requires batsmen to simply go and have a net in the middle. No more, no less. Both teams racking up MASSIVE scores on an easy paced, dry pitch with no grass. I can see a line of batsmen queuing up to get an innings on this track.

Unless the ball starts to turn sharply on day 4 and 5, the only team that can beat Bangladesh on a wicket like this, is Bangladesh. Job done.

And as long as batsmen don't try to launch the ball into the stands every few seconds, this match will be the dullest draw of all time. So I am not quite sure what this proves in world cricket, other than just don't get out and wait for a pie to be bowled. If you miss out on a straight forward 100 on this beauty of a batting surface, you will likely want to hang yourself!
Nicely said dear coach..........
Old November 15, 2012, 08:40 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

We are not celebrating... we are simply appreciating our commitment and desire to match the WI total after the hammering we received for the first two days. There are still six more sessions to go and anything is still possible.

South Africa and Australia just finished a test where the first innings scores were 450 and 565/5 respectively. Considering the strength of South Africa's pace attack and the fact that they could manage just 5 wickets in think the world's flattest track award should go to Australia for now.
Old November 15, 2012, 08:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

I was at the stadium today. Thoroughly enjoyed BD batting and Gayle's funny moves
Old November 15, 2012, 08:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMan
I think you guys have a fair chance of winning this game now. WI might end up collapsing on the 4th or 5th day ( VERY POSSIBLE ) for about 130 - 150 runs which will give you guys few runs to win the match. This pitch should turn big on the 4th or 5th days.
That is the thing I am waiting for. WI batting line up is also a shaky line up like us.
We should target a lead now. If we can manage a lead,In 4th day wicket there will be some turn. I will hope for a collapse in WI side by our spinners.
Old November 15, 2012, 08:47 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

The 3rd day of this test is probably the Best day of our test history. I am still mesmerized by Naeem's innings. He made test batting look so easy. Shakib was very unfortunate to not get a 100..

Tomorrow's tactic should be simple. Put as much runs as possible on the board and then attack WI like there is no tomorrow. I am sure they are mentally thrashed after our spirited performance. Show no mercy BD boyz....
Old November 15, 2012, 08:57 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
The 3rd day of this test is probably the Best day of our test history. I am still mesmerized by Naeem's innings. He made test batting look so easy. Shakib was very unfortunate to not get a 100..
and i am so lucky to have all those happened in front of my eyes
Old November 15, 2012, 09:00 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: tamim,sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
We are not celebrating... we are simply appreciating our commitment and desire to match the WI total after the hammering we received for the first two days. There are still six more sessions to go and anything is still possible.

South Africa and Australia just finished a test where the first innings scores were 450 and 565/5 respectively. Considering the strength of South Africa's pace attack and the fact that they could manage just 5 wickets in think the world's flattest track award should go to Australia for now.
spot on
Old November 15, 2012, 09:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman

Tomorrow's tactic should be simple. Put as much runs as possible on the board and then attack WI like there is no tomorrow. I am sure they are mentally thrashed after our spirited performance. Show no mercy BD boyz....
Thanks To BCB for making batting friendly pitch in NCL, it gives batsman confident.
inform player selection always plus for team, naeem and tamim performed really good in NCL and so in first test.sohag gazi also did well in NCL and first match.

i hope they replace shahariar nafees with anamul hauque in 2nd test and bring enamul huq jr to replace some one. these two will make BD in good combination.

proud of 3rd day but i wont hope much yet. i will wait for last day.
Old November 15, 2012, 09:02 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful,Tamim T

I love watching Narine get smashed!!!
Its amazing that he went wicketless through out the day
Our Sohag Gazi bowled much better than Kkr's best weapon

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old November 15, 2012, 09:03 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
and i am so lucky to have all those happened in front of my eyes
Lucky you..Wish I was there too.
Old November 15, 2012, 09:04 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max100
Thanks To BCB for making batting friendly pitch in NCL, it gives batsman confident.
inform player selection always plus for team, naeem and tamim performed really good in NCL and so in first test.sohag gazi also did well in NCL and first match.

i hope they replace shahariar nafees with anamul hauque in 2nd test and bring enamul huq jr to replace some one. these two will make BD in good combination.

proud of 3rd day but i wont hope much yet. i will wait for last day.
enamul Jnr.?? Replacing whom?

Old November 15, 2012, 09:07 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

After today's performance, I think it's fair to say that based on current form, we're one of the best Test sides in the world, up there with South Africa and Australia. Naeem is our Clarke. I don't think New Zealand/West Indies can stop us at this rate.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old November 15, 2012, 09:09 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont

And weren't a lot of people saying that Bangladesh being able to bat out a draw, independent of prevailing weather conditions, would be a sign of progress? And regarding flat, lifeless tracks: how is this different from most Test grounds in India or Sri Lanka? This is not the first time that Bangladesh is playing on a 'belter' or as you call it 'the flattest track in the world' but the difference is this time our batting is actually making it look like one - rather than unearthing 'hidden demons'. I don't see why that shouldn't be praised. Eventually we hope to be able to seize winning positions from this, like India and Sri Lanka now do, rather than achieving a draw. While I agree that we need greater exposure to pitches conducive to bounce, etc. we should be able to utilize our home advantage to the fullest as well - just like every other Test nation does.
Old November 15, 2012, 09:10 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
And weren't a lot of people saying that Bangladesh being able to bat out a draw, independent of prevailing weather conditions, would be a sign of progress? And regarding flat, lifeless tracks: how is this different from most Test grounds in India or Sri Lanka? This is not the first time that Bangladesh is playing on a 'belter' or as you call it 'the flattest track in the world' but the difference is this time our batting is actually making it look like one - rather than unearthing 'hidden demons'. I don't see why that shouldn't be praised. Eventually we hope to be able to seize winning positions from this, like India and Sri Lanka now do, rather than achieving a draw. While I agree that we need greater exposure to pitches conducive to bounce, etc. we should be able to utilize our home advantage to the fullest as well - just like every other Test nation does.

Old November 15, 2012, 09:11 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
After today's performance, I think it's fair to say that based on current form, we're one of the best Test sides in the world, up there with South Africa and Australia. Naeem is our Clarke. I don't think New Zealand/West Indies can stop us at this rate.

Omg omg! Am I reading it correct. Asif the man talking about us being World class I think I need to sleep bit more

Old November 15, 2012, 09:13 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Nadim, if you look at the current SA/Aus sides, none of their batsmen can bat like Naeem Islam. So where does that put us? Virtually at the top of the world, no?

Old November 15, 2012, 09:15 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Talia bhai Talia
Old November 15, 2012, 09:17 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Omg omg! Am I reading it correct. Asif the man talking about us being World class I think I need to sleep bit more

hahahaha Same here bro :P

Old November 15, 2012, 09:18 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Nadim, if you look at the current SA/Aus sides, none of their batsmen can bat like Naeem Islam. So where does that put us? Virtually at the top of the world, no?

lets see what happen in rest of the series.

Old November 15, 2012, 09:24 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mali007
Well done BD , stunning day for the fans , no complain . Inshallah we will pass the WI score and make the CRICKET WORLD believe in us .
Going overboard here......you don't make people believe by doing it once....if we repeat our performances people will automatically believe... And then we don't need to declare it...lets nt talk in this line...test match is nt yet over, lets watch and talk what we do from here on...not yet the time to celebrate...job isn't over yet...