facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Support

Support Help & Support

Old August 28, 2008, 03:16 AM
Test Cricketer

Default Need urgent support regarding domain

need support from the tech guys here.
i own a good domain name which i bought from a thai service provider in 2006. I use their local interface to log in my account and change the nameserver for my appointed hosting provider(IN usa). Every after 2 years i pay them to update the domain. I use the password provided by them locally.

Now i'm afriad,since it is a thai company, can they steal my domain? NOt sure whether it is possible or not.

I hosted my files in a american company. now they are claiming that i have registered the domain from them.

really confused here. Clearly, i don't want to deal with the Thai company.

i think godaddy is the most safest. can i transfer my domain to them?

how would i secure my domain password? can the thai company know my password?
how does this domain registration works actually? can anybody sell my domain?
i hope i could explain here. Please help.

Last edited by reverse_swing; August 28, 2008 at 08:52 AM.. Reason: mod.content: Thread moved to support forum.

Old August 28, 2008, 08:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: James Bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny747
Now i'm afriad,since it is a thai company, can they steal my domain? NOt sure whether it is possible or not.
Do you have proof of purchase? If so, then the domain is your property and it would be illegal for them to "steal" it. They'd lose their license if you filed a complaint with the top level domain authority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny747
I hosted my files in a american company. now they are claiming that i have registered the domain from them.
I don't understand what you are saying. The American company is claiming that you have registered the domain with them? This can be easily clarified by doing a whois on the domain. Try http://whois.domaintools.com/ (enter your domain name only) and copy paste the information here (REMOVE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM IT FIRST).

Quote:
i think godaddy is the most safest. can i transfer my domain to them?
Yes.

Quote:
how would i secure my domain password? can the thai company know my password?
What is a domain "password" ? If you are talking about whatever password you are going to use on your account with whoever you transfer domain to, then that would depend entirely on the security level of that company.

Quote:
how does this domain registration works actually?
Read up: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_name_registrar

Quote:
can anybody sell my domain?
No, unless you haven't paid for its registration (i.e. if you don't actually own it).
Old August 28, 2008, 08:40 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

You can simply email the thai company that you want to transfer your domain, see what they reply. Most likely, they will tell its ok and you will have the go ahead from them. Then you sign up an account in go daddy and initiate the transfer. If it does not go through, you will have to email the thai company one more time to make it happen.

As for the US company requiring you register the domain with them, they can't do that, as long as the domain name servers point to the US company name server, it should be good enough for them, otherwise, move to another hosting company.

This thread belongs to the support forum.
Old August 28, 2008, 08:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: James Bond

I also recommend using everydns.net to manage your DNS, and not the hosting company.
Old August 29, 2008, 09:08 AM
Test Cricketer

Dear all, thanks so much for the replies. Well, i checked with whois domain tool and it is under my gf name. No problem with that. And my thai service provider registered with tucows. I can also login on tucows website. i check from tucows that they are wholesellers and they give licence to resellers.

so do you think tucows is safe? shall i still transfer to godaddy?

Now, i hosted with www.gisol.com. last time i called them up to set up a shopping cart. I set it up but one particular function was not working in php(not allowing to upload pics from browser). so i told gisol.com to fix it. BUt, they fixed it and charged me 1800$ which is ridiculous.

Now, while talking on phone, they claimed that gisol.com owns the domain and i completely forgot that i didn't register my domain through gisol.com.

I called my credit card company to cancel the hosting. even though i didn't register my domain which they claim.
So to my understanding, i'll still have the domain right? can gisol.com do any harm to me? i'll switch my hosting to somewhere else but it is clear that gisol.com is playing with my ignorance.

dear mod, can i post my domain address here in order for members to help me out? i'm not trying to advertise, i really need genuin support.

thanks again.
Old August 29, 2008, 09:21 PM
Test Cricketer

that's why i wanted to put in forget cricket forum. here nobody repiles.
Old September 2, 2008, 08:25 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

If I were you, just to be safe, I would transfer my domain to godaddy. Never know what a thai hosting company can do with a thai domain registrant company.