facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 10, 2004, 10:31 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default Absolutely Bizarre Decision!

I'm surprised that more people are not talking about the mind boggling decision to offer the Indian batsmen the light but not to the Bangladeshi batsmen.Having been at the ground the whole day, I can tell you that the light was always poor and in no way worsened when the Indian batsmen came down to bat. So why the double standard?Really bizarre.

Old December 10, 2004, 11:54 PM
Cricket Legend

i noticed that from crickinfo text commentary. had i been at the stadium I would have used all means at my disposal to start a riot.
Old December 11, 2004, 12:33 AM
Cricket Legend

SamirCreep,

At what point did you want to offer lights to the BD batsman?

All the damage was done in full light. It was towards the end, in fading light, that BD actually recovered so well.

Am i missing something here?
Old December 11, 2004, 01:54 AM
ODI Cricketer

You're missing the point that I'm not talking about the consequence of the decision but the mind set behind it. Could someone please explain the thought process behind the decision making process? We live in an age where umpires talk about consistency of their decision all the time. Exactly how were they consistent last evening?

But since I'm in the mood, let's talk about the consequences as well. True, the top order had collapsed well before the lights had turned bad. But there was absolutely no change in light (and I cannot but underscore this point) from Rafique's dismissal and the time when light was offered to the Indian batsmen. had light been offered to the Bangladeshi batsmen at that point, the chances of us scoring over 200, which is more of a psychological advantage, would have been far greater.

Even if play had continued, faching Mash and Taposh would have been a handful for the Indians in the murky light. My question is, our tailenders faced the Indian quickies in the same light; why cant our quickies have a go at them in the same conditions?Absolutely stupid decision.Had the umpires done the same things to the Indians, Gavaskar would have droped his pants and gone for Aleem Dar's jugular. And god knows what Saurav babu would have done.

Seriously, the Bangladesh management need to bring this up in the team report.