facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 17, 2004, 05:13 PM
Retired BC Admin

Default Outcomes of the ICC meeting in Lahore

The Review of the Structure of Cricket

The Board considered a number of alternatives to the current five year calendar for international cricket including extending the calendar to six year and the option of introducing a modified program for two members.

After considering the proposals, the Board believes that each country needs time to consider the implications of any change with their own stakeholders.

The proposals put forward will now be taken back by each director to their own country for further discussions on the matter. Further discussions will take place at the next Board meetings to take place in March 2005.

Source: ICC >>

That means that there will be no change in the way we are scheduled to play test cricket. It was reported earlier that the ICC might restrict us to play at home grounds only.

Old October 17, 2004, 05:29 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

As far as I could understand, the following lines say that a decision (about what - that I don't know) is to be made sometime during March 2005.

"Further discussions will take place at the next Board meetings to take place in March 2005."
Old October 17, 2004, 06:50 PM
Retired BC Admin

Until may 2005 there will be no change. However, the ICC seemed to have proposed one or more modified program for two nations (as if nobody knows who they are) and all the countries will study it for the next six month.

I'd love to know more about the proposal but I doubt BCB will ever made it public for whatever reasons only known to them.
Old October 18, 2004, 02:04 AM
Cricket Legend

I would also love to know what the proposal is. Hopefully if they are cutting the overseas tours, they just limit the 2 members to 2 or 3 a year. Still giving them experience overseas.