facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old November 17, 2011, 09:54 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar
Default Maldives and Korbani - 2011

ADU CITY (Maldives), Nov 9: In a major contrast to world's other Muslim nations, Maldives has passed its Eid-ul-Azha on Sunday without sacrificing (Korbani) a single animal as the country lack in live cattle, local people and official sources said, reports BSS.

Ameer said the moderate Maldives has a purely 100 percent Mulsim population and they were devoted to Muslim culture and practices as well, but it could not afford to sacrifice live animals as cattle were not reared in the island state, home to a total population of 400,000 over 1,100 small islands that together have a size of 300 square kilometers in the deep Indian Ocean. Out of total islands, only 198 are inhabited.
Source: The News Today.

Old November 17, 2011, 09:58 AM
Banned

Fools...even couldn't manage some deep sea boats for goat smuggling!!
Old November 18, 2011, 04:32 PM
Cricket Savant

Ironically I like it.

As much as I am a glutton for steak, Dhaka street gory with blood and decapitated cow head is not exactly a pleasant sight. Since I am not a muslim I ask does a sacrifice really have to physically take place or can it be merely a symbolic gesture?
Old November 18, 2011, 07:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

Why don't they import from other country?
Old November 19, 2011, 07:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Ironically I like it.

As much as I am a glutton for steak, Dhaka street gory with blood and decapitated cow head is not exactly a pleasant sight. Since I am not a muslim I ask does a sacrifice really have to physically take place or can it be merely a symbolic gesture?
Actually, being a non muslim, you have raised a very good question.

In Indonesia, many people now a days give the money to charity instead of Qurbani. The reasons are that, over the last decade, many disasters struck Indonesia. Fatal earthquakes in Sumatra. Flash flood in Sinjai and Papua, Yogyakarta quake and Merapi volcano, tsunamis, hot mud flood in Sidoarjo. Adding to that, the rise of food price and economic crisis have lessen the capability of many of brothers and sisters in sustaining their lives. They need financial help than any other things. For this reason, there are many muslim charity org who take the responsibility of taking Qurbani money and distribute to people who need it.
However, the question is, is it permissible in Islam ?

Charity instead of Qurbani
?

According to scholars,
for every human being who believes in Allah, there are two distinct spheres of interaction in which relationships come into existence. The first sphere covers a person's relationship with Allah, while the second one constitutes a person's relationship with his fellow human beings.

Islam has prescribed specific forms of worship of which one form cannot replace the other, since each has its own purpose and objective. Animal Sacrifice is one such form of worship. It has an underlying philosophy which must be well be appreciated in order to do it in letter and spirit. Just as salat cannot replace zakat and vice versa, animal sacrifice also cannot be replaced by zakat or charity. What animal sacrifce induces in a person, zakat or salat or hajj do not.

But if you ask me, I know that Qurbani is Wajib and saving a life is farz, so if you have to chose between saving one's life and slaughtering animal, I will go with the first. For example, if my brother is dying of any diseases and he has no money for better treatment, I have to take care of him first and then if I am still capable of doing qurbani then I have to do qurbani.

Unfortunately, the way we muslims celebrate Eid Ul Adha is not right. We often forget about the true essence of it. Now-a-days, people celebrate it to show off their wealth and social status which is totally against Islamic value. So, if you ask me, its becoming a symbolic gesture of social status. Moreover, people go to Gorur hut one day before the Eid which I think not good too. Cause, i heard that (no genuine source), you need to have that animal at least few days earlier so that you can feed it, care for it and you develop affection towards it. So, you slaughter it, you should feel for it that is totally absent in today's Eid Ul Adha. Having said that, there are still many people who try to avoid such show off kurbani thing.

ps: please don't take my comment personally. No offense to anyone.

Last edited by Naimul_Hd; November 19, 2011 at 05:33 PM..
Old November 19, 2011, 11:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Actually, being a non muslim, you have raised a very good question.

In Indonesia, many people now a days give the money to charity instead of Qurbani. The reasons are that, over the last decade, many disasters struck Indonesia. Fatal earthquakes in Sumatra. Flash flood in Sinjai and Papua, Yogyakarta quake and Merapi volcano, tsunamis, hot mud flood in Sidoarjo. Adding to that, the rise of food price and economic crisis have lessen the capability of many of brothers and sisters in sustaining their lives. They need financial help than any other things. For this reason, there are many muslim charity org who take the responsibility of taking Qurbani money and distribute to people who need it. However, the question is, is it permissible in Islam ?

Charity instead of Qurbani ?

According to scholars, for every human being who believes in Allah, there are two distinct spheres of interaction in which relationships come into existence. The first sphere covers a person's relationship with Allah, while the second one constitutes a person's relationship with his fellow human beings.

Islam has prescribed specific forms of worship of which one form cannot replace the other, since each has its own purpose and objective. Animal Sacrifice is one such form of worship. It has an underlying philosophy which must be well be appreciated in order to do it in letter and spirit. Just as salat cannot replace zakat and vice versa, animal sacrifice also cannot be replaced by zakat or charity. What animal sacrifce induces in a person, zakat or salat or hajj do not.

But if you ask me, I know that Qurbani is Wajib and saving a life is farz, so if you have to chose between saving one's life and slaughtering animal, I will go with the latter. For example, if my brother is dying of any diseases and he has no money for better treatment, I have to take care of him first and then if I am still capable of doing qurbani then I have to do qurbani.

Unfortunately, the way we muslims celebrate Eid Ul Adha is not right. We often forget about the true essence of it. Now-a-days, people celebrate it to show off their wealth and social status which is totally against Islamic value. So, if you ask me, its becoming a symbolic gesture of social status. Moreover, people go to Gorur hut one day before the Eid which I think not good too. Cause, i heard that (no genuine source), you need to have that animal at least few days earlier so that you can feed it, care for it and you develop affection towards it. So, you slaughter it, you should feel for it that is totally absent in today's Eid Ul Adha. Having said that, there are still many people who try to avoid such show off kurbani thing.

ps: please don't take my comment personally. No offense to anyone.
Good analysis.

But Madlive is a rich country in our standard. So it is a surprise in terms of management
Old November 19, 2011, 03:48 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Right on Naimul!!!

A few years ago, our Rabz/Robiul once expressed in the forum on a Kurbani (Eid Ul Adjha) day , right after he returned from scrificing a bull in the name Allah, meaning performing Kurbani in his own hand. Rabz described in a very few simple sentences the magnitude, the depth and the heavy heavy feeling, procedure of Kurbani and what it meant to him. He described the emotion, both in the animal and in the slaughterer, in that case, Rabz himself, his feelings, emotions, and the final stare and tear! He(Rabz) felt taking the life of that animal, through his own brain and chakra (response from his own heart), Rabz felt pain and humble, the Bull felt pain and they Rabz and the BULL became one in SUBMISSION to both of their CREATOR, the Creator of everything known and unknown! That is Qurbani.

We, and mainly in Bangladesh, my family, my greater family in Bangladesh we never do Kurbani, we just Slaughter the animals and eat the meat and use the time as a festivity! We just slaughter the animal to eat and show off!
Old November 19, 2011, 03:52 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by FagunerAgun
Good analysis.

But Madlive is a rich country in our standard. So it is a surprise in terms of management
What Helal bhai, my FagunerAgun mama is saying about Maldives, maybe, just maybe Helal bhai is thinking of Brunai Dar As Salaam, which is a moslem Oil rich sultanate in the Indian Ocean? To me Maldives economy seems much much smaller than Bangladesh and per capita income, I think is smaller or same as Bangladesh. I thought Maldives was always predominantly a Fishsing, poor islands nation. But I could be all wrong.
Old November 19, 2011, 03:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Right on Naimul!!!

A few years ago, our Rabz/Robiul once expressed in the forum on a Kurbani (Eid Ul Adjha) day , right after he returned from scrificing a bull in the name Allah, meaning performing Kurbani in his own hand. Rabz described in a very few simple sentences the magnitude, the depth and the heavy heavy feeling, procedure of Kurbani and what it meant to him. He described the emotion, both in the animal and in the slaughterer, in that case, Rabz himself, his feelings, emotions, and the final stare and tear! He(Rabz) felt taking the life of that animal, through his own brain and chakra (response from his own heart), Rabz felt pain and humble, the Bull felt pain and they Rabz and the BULL became one in SUBMISSION to both of their CREATOR, the Creator of everything known and unknown! That is Qurbani.

We, and mainly in Bangladesh, my family, my greater family in Bangladesh we never do Kurbani, we just Slaughter the animals and eat the meat and use the time as a festivity! We just slaughter the animal to eat and show off!
Very true..bk..in some parts in our country, the price of the Korbanir goru is a social prestige than thier religious purpose.

This is not korbani, something else.
Old November 19, 2011, 05:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

Quote:
What Helal bhai, my FagunerAgun mama is saying about Maldives, maybe, just maybe Helal bhai is thinking of Brunai Dar As Salaam, which is a moslem Oil rich sultanate in the Indian Ocean? To me Maldives economy seems much much smaller than Bangladesh and per capita income, I think is smaller or same as Bangladesh. I thought Maldives was always predominantly a Fishsing, poor islands nation. But I could be all wrong.
According to IMF Maldives are too better than Bangladesh.
Old November 19, 2011, 11:01 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
The Maldives also has a booming tourism industry, which draws in substantial dollars/pounds/euros.
Old November 21, 2011, 09:37 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Recently they had an article on extreme left BD Newspaper called Weekly Blitz about this matter. They suggested giving money to charity instead of doing real Qurbani.

I don't think this can be a substitute. It was never done or suggested by the Prophet or by any of his rightly guided companions and the next two generations (Tabien and Tabe-Tabien). I am only speaking from a limited Islamic knowledge and someone who is more knowledgeable can shed some more light.
Old November 23, 2011, 02:49 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by deshimon
According to IMF Maldives are too better than Bangladesh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
The Maldives also has a booming tourism industry, which draws in substantial dollars/pounds/euros.
Ohh thank you my dear bhais for explaining and clearing this for me, it was very ignorant of me, for a long long time I assumed since they are some small island nation, they are probably poorer than us Bangladesh! My bad, and ofcourse my dear FagunerAgun mama is indeed speaking of the Maldieves, not Brunei!.
Now I am reading about Maldieves and beginning to see tremendous amounts of amazing stuff about these people and the islands...
Old November 24, 2011, 04:49 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
You are all wrong BK Bhai. Maldives has the best per capita income in south Asia. It's currency is around 3.5 rupees per usd. Its tourism industry isn't booming, it's established and booming. It's one of my most fav tour destinations and it's just heaven on earth. It has like 1200 islands and only 15-20 are occupied by the locals, around 150 + are resorts and remaining are empty. Yes it's biggest industry is tourism and second by a margin is fishing.

And don't forget, BD is Jamai of Maldives, since it's long time president Mamun Abdul Gayum's daughter is married to a Bangladeshi. and they are the first country to fix a minimum salary for BD workers in Maldives to $ 350, that's more than double the amount that entire middle east guarantees.

Last edited by BANFAN; November 25, 2011 at 03:28 AM..
Old November 24, 2011, 04:57 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Recently they had an article on extreme left BD Newspaper called Weekly Blitz about this matter. They suggested giving money to charity instead of doing real Qurbani.

I don't think this can be a substitute. It was never done or suggested by the Prophet or by any of his rightly guided companions and the next two generations (Tabien and Tabe-Tabien). I am only speaking from a limited Islamic knowledge and someone who is more knowledgeable can shed some more light.
There are many expats (BD, Ind, Pak ..) who send money to their country for Qurbani. And Qurbani isn't something mandatory for non hajjis. And for hajjis, if you fail to offer a Qurbani, you have to fast for 7/10 days after the hajj, that's according to Quran. And prophet didn't have the mandate to tell anything other than Quran, who are the tabein/tabe-tabeins? you may well imagine.

Qurbani is sacrifice, and giving money shouldn't have problem for non hajjis. In today's world sacrificing money is the biggest sacrifice. Maldives isn't a place for breeding animals in large scale, how they can even sacrifice animal at an affordable price?

Last edited by BANFAN; November 25, 2011 at 03:29 AM..