facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 13, 2002, 09:05 AM
Club Cricketer

Default Bangladesh bt Holland by 4 wickets

Golla scored 70 and Sumon 56. Scorecard at

http://www-usa4.cricket.org/link_to_...13SEP2002.html

Old September 13, 2002, 09:06 AM
Club Cricketer

Default corrected link

http://www-usa4.cricket.org/link_to_...13SEP2002.html
Old September 13, 2002, 09:07 AM
Club Cricketer

Default not corrected link

aaaargh : never mind - this software puts a space in the link and I can't edit it.
Old September 13, 2002, 09:11 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default Bangladesh lost far too many wickets

Holland were all out for 161 runs in 47.1 overs. Monju and Rafique took 3 wickets each and Tapash took 2 wickets.

Bangladesh scored 163 runs for 6 wickets in 41 overs. If Javed had scored 70 and Bashar 56, then 126 runs were scored by these 2 batsman. Then why on earth did so many wickets fell chasing such a low total?

Source: Bangladesh Betar: 8 O'clock sports news
Old September 13, 2002, 09:24 AM
Banned

A very very dissapointing performance. I read somewhere that Holland had not played any serious game in months.

Our batting is really really letting us down.
Old September 13, 2002, 10:07 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default I don\'t understand

I don't understand - just how can Al Shahriar score a duck? I can understand how Pilot scores a duck, although he batted very well in the recent series against Sri Lanka, he is not a batsman, but I just don't get it - how come Al Sharirar scores a duck?

And also, I went to the Netherland's squad profiles and watched the profiles of three players - Lefebvre, Adeel Raja and Schieferli.

We know since our 97 encounter with Holland that Lefebvre is a good pace bowler and I can also understand that if Schieferli is a good pace bowler, then our batsman can give their wickets away to this pacer, even if that pacer has played only 6 List A Limited Over matches (no One Dayers, no First Class and definitely to ICC trophy matches) .

But how come Adeel Raja - a right arm off break bowler (has experience of playing in a few 5 or 6 ICC trophy matches and 1 List A Limited over match) take 4 wickets?

Does this mean that the 4 wickets that he took - (was Javed Omar's wicket - obviously, he was going for his shots scored 70 runs in 81 balls - going at a rate of 90% strike rate, so may be he could give his wicket away) and the other 3 wickets - Mazharul Haque, Tushar Imran - are they SUCH BAD players of spin?

And the 12th and 13th man were Md. Ashraful and talha Jubair.

How come Sumit is not in the team management's plan? He is a right arm off break bowler too, and he didn't do too badly in the 2 one day games that he played so far. At least, he could have fielded, if his poor performance with the bat in one day international matches was such a big barden to the team management.

Old September 13, 2002, 10:21 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

If we were allowed to bat on, I am positive BD would be all out for 180.

Thus, once again BD has proved its consistency. No matter who we play, we perform the same. We always suck, win or lose.
Old September 13, 2002, 10:42 AM
Banned

NLand were 9-107 when our bowlers decided to play cowboy.

BD were 2-106 when out batsmen decided to play cowboy.

I guess they just gave up playing seriously ?? But I think that is always the case too.

About Ashraful not batting, I think the plan was to give Mazhar some exposure. About Sumit not in the game plan, you can only have 11 players in a game plan. Hmm, now who else was left out ?
Old September 14, 2002, 02:12 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Actually 13.

11 to bat. 11 to field.

We were suppossed to play around 8 bowlers like other teams.
Old September 14, 2002, 06:50 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default WE WON

Well, I am just glad that we can finally beat Holland. Whew.

We did however perform (bowled) admirably in the last few overs against Holland. Our players are always 'Dil Doriya', never a dull moment when we are out there. Just look at how 'considerate' our bowlers were to their last wicket. Their number 11 (Schiferli, 47 off 41) was specially favored by Shujon. Manju still remains our number one. Manju got rid of the real threats before they could settle down and Rafique did an excellent job combing through the middle order.

We've already talked about Al 'the gunner' Rokon who goes in and out of the crease before you can blink your eyes (unless he is lucky). There's Mazhar 'mini Akram' Huq, and Tusher 'consistently inconsistent' Imran. I am pretty sure Adeel's bowling wasn't as tough as they made it out to be. His figure (10-0-44-4) clearly shows that. However, we should not forget how we folded against Danish Kaneria. You don't see him playing for Pakistan that much but when they sent him against Bangladesh, he sure looked like a million dollars.
As for the Holland team, I am surprised that Mol, Lefebvre, Zuiderent, Van troost and De Leede didn't whack us cause believe me, they are more than capable of doing that.