facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 30, 2012, 04:18 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default Pathetic statement by Tamim

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ireland-...ry/574760.html

Tamim iqbal: We're developing the habit of winning.

What a pathetic statement from tamim after losing to minnow associates like netherlands and scotland. People are laughing at BD after this foolish statement

Old July 30, 2012, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

This kind of attitude should be reprimanded in the form of monetary fines and severe jharis behind closed doors. His mentality seems to be no better than Ashraful/Aftab's (re: their opinions of SN's string of centuries against Zimbabwe) and the BCB needs to make sure this sort of loser thought process is nipped in the bud.

No need to open your mouth and prove that you're an idiot.
Old July 30, 2012, 05:38 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
This kind of attitude should be reprimanded in the form of monetary fines and severe jharis behind closed doors. His mentality seems to be no better than Ashraful/Aftab's (re: their opinions of SN's string of centuries against Zimbabwe) and the BCB needs to make sure this sort of loser thought process is nipped in the bud.

No need to open your mouth and prove that you're an idiot.
The scary thing is that he seems to actually believe in this rubbish..
Old July 30, 2012, 05:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Why blaming Tamim alone? Mash said the exact same thing !! Seems like the whole team believes that and nothing wrong with the statement.. Since when we have been a better team than the associates? Just before the Asia Cup even we (the BD fans) were asking to take away test status for the dismal performance of the team...The team is in the process of development.. We should just be patient here just the way we have been for last 15 years..

Old July 30, 2012, 06:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Didn't expect this kind of mentality from Tamim. I mean, we lost two games and that well and truely could have been 4!
we're once again the laughing stock of the world
Old July 30, 2012, 09:08 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, De Villiers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
We should just be patient here just the way we have been for last 15 years..
You know what. THAT is one thing we BANGALIS lack which is why we call for someone's head when they just perform poorly on 1-2 games. And then start asking him back after he performs good in one particular match.
Old July 30, 2012, 09:33 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I can understand where people are coming from. They aren't angry because they lost couple of T20s vs Assos (not this time) (FYI I wasn't with that). But this rage is against Tamim's "pathetic statements." As a senior member, ex vp, wisden cricket of the year, 2 time World Cup participant, his statements should have more depth and weight. He should've have gone with "they played well, little disappointed" route.

I feel like our players are always trying to calm down the fans. As if the fans don't know anything.
Old July 30, 2012, 09:39 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

don't even understand why the statement is "pathetic".

We won 4 out of 6 tea20s against three different countries, in three different wickets,the boys traveled a lot,played consecutive matches.
There are definitely more positives than negatives and it's important to take the positives from every game.
Mash's article describes it well.

the winning mentality is there for sure.
Old July 30, 2012, 09:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

well i hope they make that winning habit happen against the better teams, sure they won most of the matches but they will have to step up their level a number of notches to win against the better sides.
Old July 30, 2012, 10:24 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLara7
http://www.espncricinfo.com/ireland-...ry/574760.html

Tamim iqbal: We're developing the habit of winning.

What a pathetic statement from tamim after losing to minnow associates like netherlands and scotland. People are laughing at BD after this foolish statement
i couldn't find any "pathethic" statement.please elaborate?
Old July 30, 2012, 10:49 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

My two cents:

Maybe they were trying to highlight the fact that we managed to win a couple of matches from losing positions when traditionally it has been the other way around. It just didn't come out right. That's what happens when there's speech before thought, and inadequate vocabulary adds to that as do our sports reporters incapable of actually reporting the action in sports. Neither of these guys is known to be too bright or articulate to begin with, so expecting any kind of reflective depth isn't really fair.

Also, each had comeback performances during the tour and cannot be unhappy about that in the "Me First" psyche of the Bangladeshi petit bourgeoisie. Other than Shakib and perhaps Mit'hu and Nasir, most of our significant players play to retain their BCB contracts and then think about everything else.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old July 30, 2012, 11:19 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

For the umpeenth time its a lottery format, one in which we traditionally suck. A new coach can't make a drastic change in such a short time. We're probably only slightly better as a T20 team than we were 2 years ago.

I feel we're a better ODI and even a Test side than we were 2, 5, and 10 years ago. Now if we had lost 2 out of 6 ODIs or under-performed in a 4-day match then I would be fuming just like ATMR.

But this is T20 where Netherlands have beaten England, Zimbabwe has beaten Australia, and we've beaten WI with the Chris Gayle.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old July 30, 2012, 11:35 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Yes T-20 is an unpredictable format and yes we are not a good T-20 team. I think that's not the point people are angry at the comment. People are angry because we have been hearing this for the last 10 years.
Old July 31, 2012, 02:02 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Yes T-20 is an unpredictable format and yes we are not a good T-20 team. I think that's not the point people are angry at the comment. People are angry because we have been hearing this for the last 10 years.
That is true...although if you keep winning against the bigger sides as we have begun to do, no one will care even if you lose every game against the Associates.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old July 31, 2012, 02:57 AM
Cricket Guru

And here I thought Tamim said something idiotic again.
Old July 31, 2012, 03:08 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla & Tamim Iqbal

You guys are not getting it. Mash & TIK said the right thing.
"Aga toh dosh bhish ta match tana hartoh". Then suddenly a win. So, "r akhon toh pas choita match lage jitte". That's why, they both said 'We're developing the habit of winning'.
Old July 31, 2012, 03:18 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Rox
You guys are not getting it. Mash & TIK said the right thing.
"Aga toh dosh bhish ta match tana hartoh". Then suddenly a win. So, "r akhon toh pas choita match lage jitte". That's why, they both said 'We're developing the habit of winning'.
right ma man!!! 20 ta match harar che 1 ta jita bhalo and in that case bd onek match jitse... RESPECT
Old July 31, 2012, 03:19 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla & Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafisbd 25
right ma man!!! 20 ta match harar che 1 ta jita bhalo and in that case bd onek match jitse... RESPECT
Hi man. Welcome in Bangla Cricket. Hope you enjoy your stay here.
Old July 31, 2012, 05:14 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antora
Didn't expect this kind of mentality from Tamim. I mean, we lost two games and that well and truely could have been 4!
we're once again the laughing stock of the world
nothing new then... if Sheikh Hasina can do it with BBC, why not Tamim?
Old July 31, 2012, 05:40 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

The only ones who are being PATHETIC are some of the fans who are against this statement including Mr BrianLara7 himself.

Lets face it, we may have lost but at least we WON 4 matches! And dont forget, we won 2 of them from very difficult situations so how can we say we are not DEVELOPING a winning mentality. Some fans get excited without properly understanding the statement. He didnt say we have the winning mentality, it was more of a DEVELOPING A WINNING mentality.

We won 4 matches in these circumstances:
-Against associate teams that have played more T20s than us
-In foreign condition
-In T20s where any team can win anyday
It couldve easily have been 2-4 in favour of the hosts but it isnt, its 4-2 and thats not something to be proud of but at least we can say that the results are not as worse as possible. I mean afterall some pessimistic fans where expecting lossing 3-0 to Ireland

Last edited by playmaker; July 31, 2012 at 07:25 AM..
Old July 31, 2012, 06:21 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

posts #12 and #20 pretty much sums up my views completely.
Old July 31, 2012, 09:08 AM
Cricket Legend

You guys are brutal. Your outbursts suggest you expected something more from them. Calm down, they're not professionals. And it's Tamim - his IQ is probably lower than that of most of the players on the team.
Old July 31, 2012, 09:17 AM
Cricket Sage

You don't have to have a high IQ to know what you are talking about. I bet if the same kind of statements came from players like SN, Shahadat, Rock, Nayeem, Imrul you know the crew most of us are are not a big fan, this thread would have been bombered with posts like this is why we need to get rid of these sissies/losers. But because its Tamim and Mash we are like meh, whatever.
Old July 31, 2012, 09:23 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
You don't have to have a high IQ to know what you are talking about. I bet if the same kind of statements came from players like SN, Shahadat, Rock, Nayeem, Imrul you know the crew most of us are are not a big fan, this thread would have been bombered with posts like this is why we need to get rid of these sissies/losers. But because its Tamim and Mash we are like meh, whatever.
Haha. It's very true.
Old July 31, 2012, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

It's not very difficult to see the flaw in these statements. Kisher winning habit? 2007 e jokhon Zimbabwe re parar team mone koira dine raaite pitaisila, tokhon oita ki habit chilo? 5 bochor por o jodi ekhono bolo "we're developing a winning habit", taile goto 5 bochore ki SBNS er ghaash khaiso? This propensity to reward mediocrity will take us nowhere.

And please don't bring the anyone can win in T20's bull crap. Just because England lose to lower ranked teams every now and then doesn't mean we have to as well. A one-off loss would have been easy to digest, but you have a problem when you lose to associates in every tour that they feature and there is absolutely no denying that.

You know the team hasn't performed when these guys have to come out in public and struggle to point out the positives from a tour, making a fool of themselves in the process.