facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old July 29, 2011, 11:55 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglatiger84
Of course there is nothing wrong in eating Samosas, at all
Dont bring "maybes" in cases when Islam is crystal clear.
Agreed....but I wasn't sure hence I put the maybe in quotes and posed the question.
Anyways can you please state the source as to where you found that there is nothing wrong in eating Samosas. I am not playing devil's advocate here and although it may be not a serious issue but there has to be some reference from which this so called islamic group in somalia is drawing the reference from or 'may be' misrepresenting it.
On the other hand since you said ofcourse nothing is wrong in eating a food shaped like trinity, please mention how you are sure about this.

Old July 30, 2011, 01:00 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by imna
Agreed....but I wasn't sure hence I put the maybe in quotes and posed the question.
Anyways can you please state the source as to where you found that there is nothing wrong in eating Samosas. I am not playing devil's advocate here and although it may be not a serious issue but there has to be some reference from which this so called islamic group in somalia is drawing the reference from or 'may be' misrepresenting it.
On the other hand since you said ofcourse nothing is wrong in eating a food shaped like trinity, please mention how you are sure about this.
That is quite disingenuous, isn't it? Trying to ask for proof for the absence of something. If it is not proscribed, then it IS not proscribed. NOT if it is not explicitly allowed, then it is disallowed.

Reminds me of 'The U-Turn' syndrome in Singapore. In the US, if there is NOT a 'No U-Turn' sign, then it is perfectly legit to make a U-turn. In Singapore, one can only make a U-turn when there is an explicit sign allowing a U-turn.
Old July 30, 2011, 01:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
am not playing devil's advocate here

and although it may be not a serious issue but there has to be some reference from which this so called islamic group in somalia is drawing the reference from or 'may be' misrepresenting it.
Oh yes you are

ANything is Halal unless proven otherwise.

If Samosas are Haram then Mercedes' would be haram as well

A triangle is not a Christian sign, the Cross is

They were not invented by Christians to propagate Trinity...

those reasons suffice for now...
Old July 30, 2011, 01:11 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Imna can now safely eat plenty of sasomas! Imna you can try vege samosas too!
Old July 30, 2011, 05:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Thank God these scums don't rule as far as Egypt otherwise its bye bye pyramids.
Old July 30, 2011, 09:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Anyways can you please state the source as to where you found that there is nothing wrong in eating Samosas.
Can someone please find the link which says "Imna has gained his/her sanity"? Because until such (credible) link comes we can label him/her as insane.
Old July 30, 2011, 11:36 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien
Can someone please find the link which says "Imna has gained his/her sanity"? Because until such (credible) link comes we can label him/her as insane.
Why the hate ? Does it do any good ?

As for the other posts mentioning triangle is not a sign of christianity, please refer to the symbol encyclopedia http://www.symbols.com/encyclopedia/28/281.html
It symbolizes lots of things but,
Triangle is firstand foremost associated with the holy, divine number of 3..... In christian symbolism it stands for the holy trinity.

Also some one said unless it is prohibited as haram it is halal. But you will see t a lot of writings and views that for example states if your are not sure of the food/meat you are eating it haram or halal it it better to refrain from eating it rather assume its halal and eat it.

I think Somalia has almost 98% population that are muslim and their views should not be taken lightly. Quran is not bounded by time and understanding the depth of knowledge and its messages will only make someone a better person who believes in it and follows its teaching. I have yet to master Arabic which is helpful because Quran is so powerful to understand it helps to read it possibly in Allah's preferred language of transmission.
But Somalians do speak the language and possibly have had a better understanding than you and me.
Also the famine and starvation in Somalia is possibly only a test of their imam/iman and testing people about it and samosa banning might only be symbolic and not a big deal as it seems.
Old July 30, 2011, 02:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
But Somalians do speak the language and possibly have had a better understanding than you and me.

I am fluent in Arabic ; and it is not Somalia banning it, it is a group in Somalia called Al Shabab.
Old July 30, 2011, 02:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I think Somalia has almost 98% population that are muslim and their views should not be taken lightly. Quran is not bounded by time and understanding the depth of knowledge and its messages will only make someone a better person who believes in it and follows its teaching. I have yet to master Arabic which is helpful because Quran is so powerful to understand it helps to read it possibly in Allah's preferred language of transmission.

And going buy this retarded logic, I presume female genital mutilation, killing women who are raped, etc are all ok because after all, they are practised by some Arabs and they have a better understanding than you or me ?
Old July 30, 2011, 02:43 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglatiger84
And going buy this retarded logic, I presume female genital mutilation, killing women who are raped, etc are all ok because after all, they are practised by some Arabs and they have a better understanding than you or me ?
As I said before I do not have the best understanding of Islam and Arabs possibly do. If they are doing that there is a better chance that it is what is prescribed. Again I do not agree with the practise but may be they know better.
Old July 30, 2011, 10:46 PM
Cricket Legend

imna, you don't happen to live under a bridge by any chance, do you?

For the rest: So, is chingri maach halal? What about kakra?
Old July 30, 2011, 11:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

I work around friends who are atheists, Christians, agnostics...should i ban them from my life just because I feel that their presence will destroy my faith? no! that is a sign of insecurity.

Similarly, an image or an object that reminds you of an association with Allah(his glorious majesty) and while you fear from it is a sign of insecurity. The way a Muslim should understand life is that everything in the universe belong to Allah and has no power to harm or benefit unless by Allah's will.

this is one of my most favorite verses of the Quran:

Quote:
Sahih International
O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted.
Surah hujurat, ayah 13, Chapter 49: verse 13.

I wish i had better ways to phrase this: May Allah protect our hearts from insecurity, jealousy, and inferiority complex(হিন্নমনতা)(sorry for misspelling Bangla word but you get the idea ).

Allah created all Mankind and yet some of them insists on doing some of the worst things Allah hates, and yet Allah consistently bestows favor upon them,such as food wealth and children! why is calling someone else divine or attributing divine powers to someone else other than Allah such a big deal? when you truly understand how magnificent and big the universe is and when you truly understand the design and decision behind God's will, when you truly understand how insignificant each and every one of us is in front of the eye's of Allah you too will come to understand why Allah in the Qur'an takes such an insult when a human being or anything else is compared to him. while if all forces combine in the universe to create a living fly or its similitude we will certainly fail, while Allah can create in less than blink of an eye!
Old July 30, 2011, 11:08 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaad

yes it is ALhmadulillah!

Quote:
Sahih International
Lawful to you is game from the sea and its food as provision for you and the travelers, but forbidden to you is game from the land as long as you are in the state of ihram. And fear Allah to whom you will be gathered.
Chapter 5, verse 96
Old July 30, 2011, 11:12 PM
Cricket Sage

well, actually, the Somalians do not call it samosa they cal it "sambusa"

Source: my somalian friend + wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somalian_cuisine

Quote:
Sambuusa, a Somali version of the samosa, is a triangular snack that is commonly eaten throughout Somalia during the afur (iftar). The Somali version is spiced with hot green pepper, and the main ingredient is often ground meat. Bajiye, a variation of the Indian pakora, is a snack in southern Somalia. The Somali version is a mixture of maize, vegetables, meat, spices, which is then deep fried. It is eaten by dipping it in bisbaas, a hot sauce. Kabaab similar to that of Persia is not that widespread, but a few Somalis in the diaspora eat it. Fruits such as mango, guava, banana and grapefruit are eaten throughout the day as snacks.
Old July 30, 2011, 11:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Why the hate ? Does it do any good ?

As for the other posts mentioning triangle is not a sign of christianity, please refer to the symbol encyclopedia http://www.symbols.com/encyclopedia/28/281.html
It symbolizes lots of things but,
Triangle is firstand foremost associated with the holy, divine number of 3..... In christian symbolism it stands for the holy trinity.

Also some one said unless it is prohibited as haram it is halal. But you will see t a lot of writings and views that for example states if your are not sure of the food/meat you are eating it haram or halal it it better to refrain from eating it rather assume its halal and eat it.

Also the famine and starvation in Somalia is possibly only a test of their imam/iman and testing people about it and samosa banning might only be symbolic and not a big deal as it seems.
Hate? I was only applying your logic onto you.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old July 30, 2011, 11:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Anything from sea is good. However some groups label it as "makrukh". But I dont buy into that and eat it.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old July 30, 2011, 11:52 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
The real question is not whats halal; rather "whats prohibited/haraam"? Anything that is not prohibited by God is by default allowed/halal.

Four kinds of food prohibited directly:
1. Dead animal/carrion/carcass
2. Flesh/Meat of pig
3. Running blood
4. Food that is offered in alters or sacrificed for other gods.

Quote:
Quran 2:178 & 5:3
He only prohibits for you the eating of animals that die of themselves (without human interference), blood, the meat of pigs, and animals dedicated to other than GOD. If one is forced (to eat these), without being malicious or deliberate, he incurs no sin. GOD is Forgiver, Most Merciful.
Everything from sea is allowed and so is all livestock. Hunting by trained animals allowed:
Quote:
Quran 5:96
Lawful for you is the catch of the sea, to eat it as enjoyment for you and for those who travel; and forbidden for you is the catch of the land as long as you are under restriction (during hajj pilgrimage); and be aware of God to whom you will be summoned.

Quran 5:1
O you who believe, you shall fulfill your covenants. Permitted for you to eat are the livestock, except those specifically prohibited herein. You shall not permit hunting throughout Hajj pilgrimage. GOD decrees whatever He wills.

Quran 5:4
5:4 They ask you what was made lawful to them, say, "All the good things have been made lawful for you, and what the trained dogs and birds catch; you teach them from what God teaches you." So eat from what they have captured for you and mention God's name upon it, and be aware of God. God is quick in reckoning.
Food consumed by Jews/Christians allowed (except of-course for the ones that are prohibited explicitly) :
Quote:
Quran 5:5
Today, all good food is made lawful for you. The food of the people of the scripture (i.e. Jews/Christians) is lawful for you, ....
Intoxicants are mentioned separately. There are benefits in them, but harm outweighs benefits.
Quote:
Quran 2:219
They ask you about intoxicants and gambling. Say, "In them is great harm, and a benefit for people; but their harm is greater than their benefit." ....
We must mention God's name before eating (i.e. In the name of God or Bismillah) Quran 6:118-121

We are strictly forbidden to create prohibitions or for that matter any religious laws on our own and attribute them to God. There are numerous examples on Quran regarding invented prohibitions and attributing them to God. Here are some:
Quote:
Quran 10:59 (Strict Warning!)
Say, "Did you note how GOD sends down to you all kinds of provisions, then you render some of them unlawful, and some lawful?" Say, "Did GOD give you permission to do this? Or, do you fabricate lies and attribute them to GOD?"

Quran: 16:116 (Another Warning)
You shall not invent lies about God by attributing lies with your tongues, saying: "This is lawful and that is forbidden." Those who invent lies about God will not succeed.

Quran 6:144
Regarding the two kinds of camels, and the two kinds of cattle, say, "Is it the two males that He prohibited, or the two females, or the contents of the wombs of the two females? Were you witnesses when GOD decreed such prohibitions for you? Who is more evil than those who invent such lies and attribute them to GOD? They thus mislead the people without knowledge. GOD does not guide such evil people."

Quran 6:138
And they say, "Such and such cattle and fruits of the field are sacred. No one will eat of them except whom we permit." They also arbitrarily prohibit the riding of some animals. And there are livestock over which they do not pronounce the Name of God. He will surely requite them for their innovations..
That is all for food. And, to answer your original question, Yes chingri maach and kakra are fully lawful

And, no there is nothing called "makruh" (yet another mullah innovation: YAMI).
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.

Last edited by Nasif; July 31, 2011 at 02:01 AM..
Old July 31, 2011, 01:33 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Shrimp, Crab, Lobster, Calamari
Old July 31, 2011, 07:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif
The real question is not whats halal; rather "whats prohibited/haraam"? Anything that is not prohibited by God is by default allowed/halal.

Four kinds of food prohibited directly:
1. Dead animal/carrion/carcass
2. Flesh/Meat of pig
3. Running blood
4. Food that is offered in alters or sacrificed for other gods.
What about food that hasn't been slaughtered via halal method (By saying Allahu Akbar)? In the west, I see about half the muslims that eat any meat as long as its not pork or other forbidden ones but not the actual "halal certified" ones the ones you get from special butchers.

On topic, someone needs to show verse 16:116 to Al-Sahabab gangs.
Old July 31, 2011, 08:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien
Anything from sea is good. However some groups label it as "makrukh". But I dont buy into that and eat it.
Heh! I buy it, don't buy into it, and eat it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
Shrimp, Crab, Lobster, Calamari
Let's not forget octopuses while we're at it. At some level, given several examples showing the obvious intelligence, initiative, and playfulness of these cephalopods (including shooting out lights that bothered them and taking late night strolls to snack on neighbouring aquarium tanks), I feel a tad guilty about eating them... but, then, they taste so good.

Nafis: excellent post, as always. It does point out how liberal the dietary restrictions are in Islam, compared to say, orthodox Judaism.