facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 21, 2007, 05:30 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

I somehow agree with bharat.

India makes a huge impact in the global cricket economy.

It's better if BCCI uses that influence positively and not to show its muscles.

Unfortunately they prefer the later one.

Old April 21, 2007, 11:02 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Bharat,

You're making India look like the super power of cricket. In reality, it's just part of the power. Your 86% seems like a hyped up value. I wouldn't believe it even if you give me the sources for this. It's just so hyped up that I can claim "air is liquid".

As for your assumption that if there's no India, cricket will die a horrible death, just goes to prove what most Indians think of cricket. If you didn't know, there are 8 other test playing nations in the world, most of them ranked over India, and most of them generating money into the cricket. And the money that comes from India is not from cricket, but the supermodels that India made out of their cricketers. This model is hated by most cricketing nations to say the least.

Ps. There are 8 associates too, who are receiving increased popularity.

Kabir, I did not make the assumption that Cricket would die without India, but was saying that unfortunately the finiancials of the cricketing world are too tied to Indian cricket which is not good for cricket in general.

Its up to other countries to contribute more and make it non-Indian centric.We have 2 countries that are developed among us and its for them to stand up and contribute too ...

Also, I have to say that India (BCCI) has a huge hand in developing cricket around the world, it is only after the middle of the '90's that cricket actually reached around the world (including BD).Had not the money Cricket would have been confined to the snobby clubs of England.

Think about it, apart from non-show with BD (not hosting them) , BCCI has been more than a friend to SA in general and BD in particular.

I cant see Eng or Aussies controlled ICC backing BD in 2000 nor would have let the Subcontinent host the WC this frequently.
Old April 21, 2007, 11:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

And without BD's support Indian could have achieved the so called supper power position. Cause all those votes would go for what AUS/ENG wanted. but BD vote toppled everything and went in favor for sub continent. So don't think India supported bangladesh just for nothing and It shows that they have no other intension other than getting vote from bd either.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old April 21, 2007, 12:33 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
And without BD's support Indian could have achieved the so called supper power position. Cause all those votes would go for what AUS/ENG wanted. but BD vote toppled everything and went in favor for sub continent. So don't think India supported bangladesh just for nothing and It shows that they have no other intension other than getting vote from bd either.
did I say that?
Old April 21, 2007, 12:36 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat
Kabir, I did not make the assumption that Cricket would die without India, but was saying that unfortunately the finiancials of the cricketing world are too tied to Indian cricket which is not good for cricket in general.
Bharat, aplogies for misreading your post. But I would still argue that the financials of the cricketing world is too tied with Indian cricket. It's true for India, but not true outside India.

Quote:
Its up to other countries to contribute more and make it non-Indian centric.We have 2 countries that are developed among us and its for them to stand up and contribute too ...
Agreed.

Quote:
Also, I have to say that India (BCCI) has a huge hand in developing cricket around the world, it is only after the middle of the '90's that cricket actually reached around the world (including BD).Had not the money Cricket would have been confined to the snobby clubs of England.
I agree to some extent. Yes Bangladesh got a hand from India, but we received help from many other countries, including England and Australia. As for England, yes they have their snobby clubs who pay little attention to the outside world, but you gotta understand that it's also a money making machine. They have players from all around the world, including India and Pakistan. They would pick the ones that they think can help them...not who they can help. Bangladesh had a couple of players who played for some county team though, but only a little bit, nothing substantial.

This is one of the reasons too, why I don't think that India has more financial impact in the cricketing world. India's cricket league is huge, but they don't invite foreign players, like English clubs do.

Quote:
Think about it, apart from non-show with BD (not hosting them) , BCCI has been more than a friend to SA in general and BD in particular.
I would neither agree, nor disagree. Many Indians critiqued Bangladesh's existence as a test nation, and many favored it. I can't quantify this, due to my lack of knowlege here. But I can qualitatively tell you that, there has been a wide range of ideas and critiques.

Quote:
I cant see Eng or Aussies controlled ICC backing BD in 2000 nor would have let the Subcontinent host the WC this frequently.
I agree that the subcontinent is getting more frequent world cups, and that is mainly because of India's presence in ICC. But, once again, BD got backed up by a great many, and critiqued by a great many. It will be difficult to say which country as a whole supported BD, coz realistically, nobody did. India may have backed up at ICC level, for which we owe you guys one.

And as akabir pointed out, the support went both ways...coz India couldn't have been so high up there without Bangladesh's support either
Old April 21, 2007, 02:47 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
And as akabir pointed out, the support went both ways...coz India couldn't have been so high up there without Bangladesh's support either
Absolutely, it works both ways, we due to various reasons (historical,religious,geographical...long list) should watch each others back
Old April 23, 2007, 08:27 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any consistent performer

two guys didn't click at all captain and vice captain. and both should be rested from their leadership.
Old April 23, 2007, 09:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Now who is getting the big chunk..any idea!