facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 23, 2007, 07:48 AM
Test Cricketer

Default IRE became no.10: should we worry?

yeap they are now ahead of KEN and ZIMB...and catching us soon!!
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci/c...ry/291993.html

Great improvement,we better watch our backs!

Old April 23, 2007, 08:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

We should look up and worry about who is ahead of us. So lets worry about West Indies and India for now.
Old April 23, 2007, 08:05 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

We had a 7 year head start. Let's not worry about who's catching up with us. Instead we should raise our game.
Old April 23, 2007, 08:30 AM
First Class Cricketer

Here is the thing- Ireland played great this worldcup. Nothing to take away from them. But the Difference between Bangladesh and Ireland or any other developing nation is Unlike Bangladesh they dont have any strong Back bone of cricket. That Includes Age level groups, Strong Cricket board..etc.

One thing for sure....with Immigrant Aged players from other Coutries (Australia/South Africa) Ireland Cant go far. So I am doubtful how they will do in future.
Old April 23, 2007, 08:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

They need an infrastructure to sustain the development of cricket, which they greatly lack. On the other hand, Bangladeshi cricket infrastructure is quite mature, and there are different bits and pieces that are lying in there. It's probably the right time now for Bangladesh to make sure that the different pieces within their infrastructure work together as a greater whole.
Old April 23, 2007, 10:03 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheous
One thing for sure....with Immigrant Aged players from other Coutries (Australia/South Africa) Ireland Cant go far. So I am doubtful how they will do in future.
I share the same view, they did great, but without the foreign players the team would be of club level. they need to develop quick time to maintain their position.
Old April 23, 2007, 10:48 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default Going Nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by baisab
I share the same view, they did great, but without the foreign players the team would be of club level. they need to develop quick time to maintain their position.
Just wanted to mention few things. When I was young I remember ICC trophy 1994. Bangladesh lost to Holland, UAE and Kenya. I was heart Broken and thought It was the End of the world. After 13 year just compare where those countries and where Bangladesh now.
Old April 23, 2007, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheous
Just wanted to mention few things. When I was young I remember ICC trophy 1994. Bangladesh lost to Holland, UAE and Kenya. I was heart Broken and thought It was the End of the world. After 13 year just compare where those countries and where Bangladesh now.

...spot on!...and just look at USA too!...Bharatey soinik always low in morale.
Old April 23, 2007, 03:12 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Umpires

Please worry..be very worried (No not you, I am talking to the team manager)
Old April 23, 2007, 03:35 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Ireland is like Kenya, no cricket future. Kenya had Tikolo, single handedely made all the difference. One in a 100 million, if not billion.

Ireland has David Johnston (Australia), Andre Botha (South Africa), Jeremy Bray (Australia, Australian U-19 player), Dave Langford-Smith (Australia), all immigrants, with First Class cricket experience in Australia and South Africa.

I see no point worrying...
Old April 23, 2007, 03:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Ireland got some good home grown talents too (Niall O'Brien, Eoin Morgan, Boyd Rankin), but the problem is whenever they find a good talent, he goes over to England. Ed Joyce already did that, and I heard N O'Brien and Morgan are planning to do the same.
Old April 23, 2007, 05:15 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baisab
They just had only 4 players who were born outside Ireland....and all those 4 players permanently live in Ireland. Few of them have been living there for last 7-8 years.
"It is Allah who takes away the souls at the time of their death, and [the souls] of those that do not die during their sleep. He retains those souls for which He has ordained death, whereas He releases the rest for an appointed term. Verily, in this are signs for a people who think deeply." (39:42)
Old April 23, 2007, 05:24 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

You are right Mr Watcher, I think one of the sports journalist asked Eoin Morgan what he thought about Ed Joyce's move to England and his answer was he was quite happy for Ed and wished him good. he also told him if the chance comes he would also join England. Ireland will do well if the can hold on to their players.
Old April 23, 2007, 09:25 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees

We need not to worry.. if we play Ireland now.. say a 3 match series..we'll win 3-0.
Old April 23, 2007, 09:55 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

guys.. how did they got 29 points from just few matches?? they won against us and pak.. but 29 points?

anyone explain.. plzz
Old April 24, 2007, 01:21 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
guys.. how did they got 29 points from just few matches?? they won against us and pak.. but 29 points?

anyone explain.. plzz
simple...you get the teams that you beat rating added to your points total...then divide by the games played.

so if ireland has 2 games played before they beat pak - suppose pak's rating was 108...ireland would have 108 points in 3 games and a rating of 108/3 = 36

so by beating us they have a rating of 29, cuz they lost all other games.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 24, 2007, 02:22 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: MS Dhoni(India)

bangladesh should not care about ireland winning matches to try and get above them, but then bangladesh should themselves try and win more matches. in 2009, when the ratings will be updated, the pre-2007 results will be off and bd can be in the top-8 of the rankings then.

ireland, r better off than kenya in 2003. the only thing which can hold them back is players migrating to england to play test cricket. all irelands main players r still <25 years old and were born and brought up in ireland itself. niall obrien(25), kevin obrien(23), william porterfied(22), boyd rankin(22) and eoin morgan(20). these players will have a big role to play in future for ireland cricket and out of these 3 players already play county cricket. also, ireland came close to beat windies and aus in 2004 u-19 world cup losing by 6 runs to wi and scoring 292 against aus. ireland, came close to beat eng and nz in 2006 u-19 wc losing by 4 runs to eng and scoring 304 against nz. kenya, have failed to even qualify for the last 2 u-19 wcs. ireland, comfortably won the european u-15, u-17 and u-19 titles recently showing that there is young talent emerging up in ireland.

ireland, has only 4 non-irish players in their team, trent johnston, jeremy bray and dave langford-smith(aus) and andre botha(sa). other 11 players are all irish. compare this to england who have 6 non-england players - ed joyce(ire), kevin pietersen and andrew strauss(sa), monty panesar and ravi bopara(ind) and sajid mahmood(pak)

kenyas main players from 2003 wc martin suji, maurice odumbe and asif karim did not play much after 2003 with odumbe being banned for match fixing. this put a lot of load on tikolo and odoyo if kenya were to make it to the super-8s in this wc, but they did not have too many players to support and they have been able to find only 2 decent youngsters after 2003 in tanmay mishra and hiren varaiya and all their upcoming players are mostly indian.

Last edited by bd_fan_from_india; April 24, 2007 at 02:27 AM..
Old April 24, 2007, 02:52 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

Don't worry my brothers, Bangladesh's future is bright and we will start to improve after this fantastic world cup performance.
Old April 24, 2007, 03:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZunaidH
We had a 7 year head start. Let's not worry about who's catching up with us. Instead we should raise our game.
Exactly!