facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 23, 2007, 07:23 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Default The Anti-Ash Amongst You, BRING IT ON!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Unfortutanely there is nothing to eat my words yet. We all know he is talented, inconsitent, immmature and shows up twice a year. Adn thats what he did in the wc2007. He single handedly win us a game against SA and thanks to him for that. But thats it ... for the rest of the summer I guess.

He improved (form and maturily) a little bit during the WC series but gave away all his progress against Ireland; gave away his wicket so that he can teach Bashar a lesson.

I kept my mouth shut when the slection (wc2007) was already done. Whats the point then to complain? based on cueent performance, I have no problem if Ash is in the team. But as a Captain? Give us a Break !!!!!!!!

And I promise you, I will protest as much as I can before they make a BIG mistake, and skrew up the team. Ash is not a Captain material. He only florish when he is allowed to play his style. He has't shown us anything that tells me he can either adjust to game situaltion or can inspire players or understand team's need. Looks like 'teaching the captain a lesson' is more important to him than 'the need of the team'.

Hmm... I'm not too sure about that. His captaincy in domestic cricket showed a lot of passion, vision and instinctive innovation that will mature over time. Being the most exciting match-winner in the team along with Mashrafe, he has the ability and charisma to inspire the best in others. He is an effective communicator and the players listen to him. Consistency-wise, I think he has turned a corner in the World Cup and will give us great things between his 100th and 250th ODI. Domestic cricket in Bangladesh is not exactly up to par when compared to cricket in Sri Lanka, even India and Pakistan where young players learn to harness consistency. So until BCB starts to put its money where its mouth has been, talented kids like Ashraful have to learn on the job. I don't think cutting appropriate slack to guys like Ashraful, Alok Kapali, now Tamim Iqbal and Junaid Siddique in a year or so, can do us much harm in the long run. Purile impatience and the insatiable urge to gratify one's ego as instantly as possible, hallmarks of the politicized BCB of old on the other hand, can and WILL continue to stagnate our growth. I mean, WHY did Kapali not play when other non-performers with neither his talent nor his youth kept getting rewarded for reasons beyond the grasp of reason? OPOSHONGSHKRITI like that, is not beneficial in any way, shape or form for the steady development of Bangladesh cricket. Think PROCESS, not EVENT. If you have any SMART, meaning Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Time-phased alternatives, HUGE emphasis on Realistic in the BCB context, I'd like to hear about it. Anyway, back to the captaincy issue: Mashrafe and Sakib bring their own cards to the table, and perhaps even Nafees Iqbal at some point in time. Maybe I'm getting carried away here, but I see Ashraful as potentially the Ponting-type, Mashrafe the Imran-type, Sakib the Flemming-type, and Nafees Iqbal as the Atherton-type captain if all goes well in the future. They were, are all good captains despite different leadership style. Maybe Mashraful Hassan Fazal is the answer to all our prayers! Oh well...

Last edited by Sohel; April 24, 2007 at 10:14 PM..

Old April 23, 2007, 07:26 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

not a very healthy thread. the Ash_captaincy_issue is being discussed somewhere else and it's not wise to quote someone's post as the intro to a new thread such as this one - unnecessary baiting.
Old April 23, 2007, 07:26 PM
First Class Cricketer

Ashraful as Captain..........NOOOOOO WAY. I guess One member said probably most perfect way. Asraful is like Eid er Chad. Twice a Year.
Old April 23, 2007, 08:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Some people may criticize Ash but noone is against Ash or Anti-Ash. Unnecessary thread.
Old April 23, 2007, 08:08 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I can tell you the same people will be calling for Ashraful's head at the instance he fails as a batsman and as a captain.
Old April 23, 2007, 08:09 PM
Cricket Legend

anti ash??? why what did he do?
Old April 23, 2007, 08:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
I can tell you the same people will be calling for Ashraful's head at the instance he fails as a batsman and as a captain.
Ash's head has been called for numerous times in BC, and who ever becomes captain will be under the scrutiny of BC. But I find it disgusting that Javed gets more love than Ash here. Impossible to argue with Ash's critics here in BC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
not a very healthy thread. the Ash_captaincy_issue is being discussed somewhere else and it's not wise to quote someone's post as the intro to a new thread such as this one - unnecessary baiting.
Fazal is gonna have some fun with this and I wanna see
Old April 23, 2007, 08:26 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

From Anti-Bash to Anti-Ash. Just change of a letter can help create innovative ideas.
Old April 23, 2007, 09:12 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
From Anti-Bash to Anti-Ash. Just change of a letter can help create innovative ideas.
I'm not so sure about innovations or ideas... how about Anti-Mash???
Old April 23, 2007, 09:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Anti-Ash! Please take the bat and bat through to beat teams like Ponting's Australia and Smith's South Africa.
Old April 23, 2007, 09:40 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Anti-Ash! Please take the bat and bat through to beat teams like Ponting's Australia and Smith's South Africa.
Give him the type of first-class cricket competition they're used to in Australia or South Africa, not to mention the century-old cricket culture they also benefit from, and he'll exceed whatever expectation you have of him. Remember, he's just a middle-class, Bangla-medium kid from Narayanganj who stands up, faces the music, despite the diminishing inconsistencies and baffling compulsions, and brings glory for all Bangladeshis. I’d say the word “talent” for a cricketer primarily indicates superior hand-eye coordination as well as the ability to match desire with appropriate biomechanics. He is talented and has just begun to deliver on our expectations as he approaches his 100th game. PLLEASE!!!
Old April 23, 2007, 09:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
I'm not so sure about innovations or ideas... how about Anti-Mash???
Man, you're capable of changing the whole word. You can change it from Anti-Ash to Anti-Mash, and then continue to Anti-Saks, then Anti-Razs, and then finally Anti-Mushz. People are really BRINGING ON some ideas, only that you're the target!
Old April 23, 2007, 09:53 PM
Cricket Savant

That's the idea. Picking an impersonal fight for a good cause.
Old April 23, 2007, 09:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Man, you're capable of changing the whole word. You can change it from Anti-Ash to Anti-Mash, and then continue to Anti-Saks, then Anti-Razs, and then finally Anti-Mushz. People are really BRINGING ON some ideas, only that you're the target!
welll said..
Old April 23, 2007, 10:48 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Sakib

"Sohel NR", you figured it out..... u were right about Ash and all the Ash basher were wrong. The problem is you singing a very old song which featured Ash, Alok, JO, Bashar, Tushar and many others. As time to time we commented that our team is making same mistake over and over again; I guess we will be seeing this kind of comments over and over again. No hard feelings, it's just a waste of time. The longer you hand around BC the more you will remember those songs. Enjoy your time here.
Old April 23, 2007, 11:23 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahadat, Zunaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
talking about Ashraful's head...U hit the nail right on the head of this thread with this post! I'm tired of band-wagon fans ruining this forum! Can we get rid of these unnecessary threads?
Old April 24, 2007, 01:14 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

i'm ash's biggest fan, and bridled at some of fazal's post, but i am also dead against his being skipper.

he's just getting some consistancy...scores of 45*, 87, and 35 (would have been more) in 9 games is something that ash has never shown before - regardless of the strength of opposition. and now people want to crown him captain.

we need to leave the kid alone for 2 years, let him pile up his runs and ducks, let him get his game together...i know that even ashraful himself is not fully aware of his potential. let ash learn what he can and wants to do...then if he's up for it, make him a skipper.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 24, 2007, 04:08 AM
ODI Cricketer

no i think ash will do ud so bak off u haters
go bash and anti absh but bak away from ash
Old April 24, 2007, 07:46 AM
Cricket Sage

As we have tons of other thread about Ash's every steps and mis-steps.... looks like the (hidden) goal of this thread is different (see the quote in the 1st message) .

If that is true, then this thread title should be changed to:

The Anti-Fazal Amongst You, BRING IT ON! .Further more this should be moved to Forget Cricket.

Boy ...looks like I am getting into some people's skins by not giving proper respect to Sir Ash. Grow up kids.... we are here to support the BD team, talk about BD team... its not Sir Ash Fan club. Who ever produce for the team, I am for him, whoever stays in the team as a dead wood for long enough I am not his fan anymore. "Team first and players 2nd" that is my motto.
Old April 24, 2007, 08:07 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
this thread title should be changed to:

The Anti-Fazal Amongst You, BRING IT ON! .Further more this should be moved to Forget Cricket.
I second this.

Let's start bashing Fazal.

নাই কাজ তো খই ভাজ

We need more cricket for young members. Babu bhai let's open another stickcricket completion for BC members.
Old April 24, 2007, 08:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
We need more cricket for young members. Babu bhai let's open another stickcricket completion for BC members.
have you tried slogout.cricinfo.com

wish there was some sort of competition
Old April 24, 2007, 08:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

I dont understand why people label someone as Anti-JO, Anti-Ash, Anti-Aftab etc. There is nothing personal with the players, everything we discuss is for the welfare of the team. If someone is doing great, we all support him, if someone is playing like a stupid, we all are no longer a fan of him. Easy and straight-forward equation.
Old April 24, 2007, 09:46 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Give him the type of first-class cricket competition they're used to in Australia or South Africa, not to mention the century-old cricket culture they also benefit from, and he'll exceed whatever expectation you have of him. Remember, he's just a middle-class, Bangla-medium kid from Narayanganj who stands up, faces the music, despite the diminishing inconsistencies and baffling compulsions, and brings glory for all Bangladeshis. I’d say the word “talent” for a cricketer primarily indicates superior hand-eye coordination as well as the ability to match desire with appropriate biomechanics. He is talented and has just begun to deliver on our expectations as he approaches his 100th game. PLLEASE!!!
I am a bit confused. Are you talking about Ashraful or the person whose grey matter cultivated this awkward thread.
Old April 24, 2007, 09:51 AM
First Class Cricketer

The length of this thread proves my point that if you have Ash in the name of a thread, that will be long........I have not seen much constructive analysis backed by evidence of pros and cons of Ash being captain here on this......
Old April 24, 2007, 11:10 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

I just wish Ash could play consistent longer innings just like his threads are very long on a consistent basis!