facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 14, 2005, 11:26 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default BD made Test Cap very cheap

Including the 1st test in SL, BD awarded more than 43 players test caps. In recent Test playing nations’ history this will be sitting on the top of the list as a record. Do you think we made Test CAP very cheap and laughable?Please comments

Old September 14, 2005, 11:55 PM
Club Cricketer

This is bound to happen when the palyers of right calibre can not be spotted.
Old September 15, 2005, 12:00 AM
Test Cricketer

Its not just test caps, sometimes I feel Bangladesh makes test cricket itself cheap.
Old September 15, 2005, 11:16 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Bangladesh also introduced way too many players in ODIs, which should not have been.

I remember some bowlers' names who never played or tested a second time on a second tour like Aminul Islam Bhola (or Aminul Islam Junior), Shorfuddoullah Ibne Shahid Saikat, Shariful Haque Plabon, Morshed Ali Khan Sumon (who impressed on his first match/tour), I can't remember other pace bowlers' names, but I'm sure there were a couple of other pace bowlers of Shanto's time who played their first ODI and then never played for Bangladesh national team again.
Old September 15, 2005, 12:58 PM
Cricket Sage

I have to repeat fwullah's favorite quote of the day, "I got a wrong impression after reading the headline "

By reading the headline I thought BD made some Test Cap to sell which either looks cheap and laughable or which they are selling at a laughable cheap price.

I thought I would buy one! But now reading the whole thread.... well ok .... same ol same ol .... rebottling same old stuff.
Old September 15, 2005, 01:54 PM
ODI Cricketer

Darn- i almost picked up the phone to ask a friend to go to Elephant Road and get me one!!!
Old September 15, 2005, 02:01 PM
Banned

many great players had test debut at age 16-20 such as tendulkar, lara. it is not about giving test caps early or too many, it is about identifying the right talent.
we seem to give test or odi cap to the players who have score couple of hundreds or have taken a few 4 wickets in our domestic league. but that doesn't prove these players are consistent enough to compete in the highest level.
to put a price tag on test cap, bcb should set certain criteria such as:
-give a test cap to a player who has made at least 5 hundreds in last two domestic leagues and have 40 average and also shown similar performance with bangladesh A team. similar criteria for bowling should be applied.
i have to disagree with you that bd has made test cap cheap. it is more than that.
they have made test cap a freebie.
Old September 15, 2005, 06:29 PM
ODI Cricketer

BD made a habit to debut 1 or 2 players in any Test series. Right now we have SN and SR. The criteria for this is just scoring some runs in the foreign soil or get some wickets in any friendly matches.
And somehow if either or both of them clicked then everybody started beating the drum so loud that should be falling in the wooing category (Rajin-PAK, SN –End, Enamul- Zim ).

Now After the series it started getting into their head and they realize that at least they would be safe for the next test by forgetting the basis rule of cricket.

Going to the pitch and staying there need more mental alertness and physical fitness than anybody could imagine.

So what started happen? They look around and see what their seniors are doing. They are doing N O T H I N G. And they then take a solace and either join the club of failure or got injured so soon and started complaining about that and made it appear that it is others fault.

Show me a player other than Pilot who have played or try to play consistently. ”I will not give you my wicket, take it if you can” this should be the motto of our players to become more successful in the Test. And our senior players have to take the responsibilities on their shoulders.

Unless we adopt these approaches then there is no CURE available to fix us they way we have been playing lately.

It will not be that far when players will be so de-moralized and beaten that even though they were offered to play in the test, for public fear and shamefulness they will refuse to play.