facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 27, 2012, 07:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
If there needs to be any change in captaincy, then I'd say make Shakib captain of our T20I team. That's it. Mushfiq should and will remain captain for the ODIs and Tests.
Exactly what i thought. I think Shakib would be the best T20 captain. And thats it. Leave Mushfiq as test and ODI captain. Not this Ashraful, TAshraful...

Old September 27, 2012, 07:53 PM
Test Cricketer

I don't think shakib is interested to be the captain at this moment..he is still bitter with his last experience...and even if he is willing why would he settle for becoming a skipper for only one or two formats considering he is the first name in the team sheet in every format...teams pick different captains for different format because the best leader is not a definite selection for all the formats
Old September 27, 2012, 09:24 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

While everyone is asking for Shakib as a captain, I dont think Shakib is interested at all. Also, when Shakib is the captain... its more added pressure. I am not saying he cannot take pressure but I am saying its unfair to give him that pressure. I would say keep Mushy as the test captain, Mashrafe as the ODI captain and T20, I have NO clue whatsoever. Neither Ash, nor Mash, never Mushy qualifies to be the T20 captain, and Shakib probably isnt interested.

But surprised to Loitta apologizing. It wasnt just a formal apology it was full apology to everyone. I appreciate that and i hope he takes responsible actions not rushed, hot headed decisions.
Old September 27, 2012, 10:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: YOURFACE

Ashraful
Old September 27, 2012, 10:47 PM
First Class Cricketer

Musfiq: "Jei wicket ta te khelechhi ta amader moto na"
So we need "amader moto" wicket everywhere...i don't know what would have happened if Ms Dhoni made this comment.....So pathetic!!!! shameless Captain.
Old September 27, 2012, 11:41 PM
Cricket Legend

There should be 2 captains for 3 formats. Mushfiq should sit out in T20's.
Old September 28, 2012, 12:03 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Test - Mushfique/Riyad

ODI - Riyad (yes he sucks in t20 but he is good in ODs)

T20I - Shakib/Mash
Old September 28, 2012, 12:55 AM
Cricket Legend

3 captains-chaos theory
Old September 29, 2012, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by senman
If they implement this it will be a poor decision, Bangladesh are upcoming side, they need stable captain. BCB instead should invest in infrastructure & grass root levels(schoolcricket) thats how it will start producing good players. Changing Captains after every poor series will have a divisive effect inside the team.

Poor us that we do NOT have anyone like you in our cricket board.

All we have is corrupt, looter and idiots.
Old September 29, 2012, 04:41 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah ,sakib tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
How come Riyad didn't made any of them?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Thats my question too bro ? He is far better player in odi and test than musfiq and ashraful
Old September 29, 2012, 05:15 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

I want 3 different stadiums for 3 different format where 3 of our different teams will be playing under 3 different captains.

1 stadium for test
1 stadium for odi
1 stadium for t20
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old September 29, 2012, 12:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

mushy is fine in tests and ODIs. we have fared pretty well in ODIs under mushy's captaincy. however, mushu, i believe, is not an attacking captain so in t20s, maybe we can try out a diferent captain. shakib could captain in t20s since we don't play too many t20s and that won't add too much burden on his shoulders
Old September 29, 2012, 12:39 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
mushy is fine in tests and ODIs. we have fared pretty well in ODIs under mushy's captaincy. however, mushu, i believe, is not an attacking captain so in t20s, maybe we can try out a diferent captain. shakib could captain in t20s since we don't play too many t20s and that won't add too much burden on his shoulders
Mushy as a captain is fine. He has good people skills.
You have to understand a captain can not tell each and everything to the players in a game. Personal responsibility is also key.
If a captain make unusual decision and that works he becomes extra ordinary aptain and if does not work then that will make him below ordinary so those are little luck too.
I don see any good replacement of Mushy right now. Though he needs to be consistent with his batting.
Old September 29, 2012, 05:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
Ditto

Don't think leading a team in T20 would hurt anyone. Besides, if it benefits the team, then any player in the world should make himself available.
Old September 29, 2012, 05:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
There should be 2 captains for 3 formats. Mushfiq should sit out in T20's.

Perfectly said... I agree to that 100 %
Old September 29, 2012, 05:48 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Fazal, we can't assemble even 11 decent player for the national team. Thinking about selecting 3 set of players is simply ludicrous at this point. Sorry for my language.
I don't think there was any better language for that.... BD cricket will become a complete circus if we even try to do it... Even the best teams of the world can't plan that.
Old September 29, 2012, 07:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
BD cricket will become a complete circus if we even try to do it
We are already a circus in the sense that top cricketing nations are laughing @ how bad we are ...
Old September 29, 2012, 07:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
We are already a circus in the sense that top cricketing nations are laughing @ how bad we are ...
I know, that's why I said 'complete Circus'

Then we will no more be allowed in a cricket ground, rather we will be shown the area for circus parties to perform...

Yet we are allowed in a cricket field, so high time to wake up...
Old September 29, 2012, 07:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
I know, that's why I said 'complete Circus'

Then we will no more be allowed in a cricket ground, rather we will be shown the area for circus parties to perform...

Yet we are allowed in a cricket field, so high time to wake up...
the audience would laugh louder watching BD play cricket then watching a circus performance.
Old September 29, 2012, 08:33 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Viv - he made all scared

surpirsed to see some people buying this b******t. we always prefer quick and tempo fix rather than dig in deep and correct the fault from root.
Old September 29, 2012, 11:16 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Can't see tamim as a captain, but reckon his input would be useful so a possible vice captain but that's as far as he should go for now. Shakib's is clearly the best choice captain in terms of thinking as a captain trying to win a match but he's got so much to deal with already.
Old September 29, 2012, 11:39 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaL-PurusH
surpirsed to see some people buying this b******t. we always prefer quick and tempo fix rather than dig in deep and correct the fault from root.
Its always a quick fix solution for us. It has been and it will always be unless real people with real interest in our cricket get chance to run BCB. As if changing captain has done wonders for us in the past after a terrible series/tournament.

I want to see Mushy go soon to or at least 2 different captain, but if BCB considers this captaincy issue as a solution to our horrible WC outing than we are doomed for more failure.
Old September 30, 2012, 12:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Before they find 3 captains in the country, they should find 3 world class cricket players in the country.
Old September 30, 2012, 12:32 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagol-chagol
Before they find 3 captains in the country, they should find 3 world class cricket players in the country.
Before T20 cup, I didn't even know Luke Wright. It seems he's product of a county cricket and a country where people live, eat, breathe cricket. I think something similar was said by Shakib. So before we go searching for world class players we have to create a culture where people can be immersed in it.

• Cricket library
  • Cricket video library
  • Bowling machine for individual practice
  • Players paying for coach from own pockets
  • Swapping roles at net, Tamim as bowler, Shafiul as pinch-hitter. Point is you don't get bored with monotonicity and you are constantly "in" cricket even if you are not doing "your" thing
  • Learning from everyone, asking questions to everyone...
  • Fitness even when not playing cricket...
Easy for me to preach it. But these are really common sense theories that everyone should be doing. Like Jet Li used to say, their trainer made them practice boxing when they were tired from kicking. So they were busy constantly doing one thing or not.

Also, cultural programs where- tangential to OMG's idea- of players teaching orphans or homeless for fun can be undertaken. Or even charity matches.

Immersion is the key.
Old September 30, 2012, 01:06 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

^ Actually, over the past 4 years in England, I've come to appreciate that the fan following of cricket is seasonal and is not nearly as fervent as the support for football. (I'm not talking about the Barmy Army, who travel with the team, as they are obviously a small minority) While I agree that practical immersion in the sport from a young age is important, I think part of the success (and athleticism) of England, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa stems from the fact that they play many other sports and, as you said, take their fitness incredibly seriously. I think that has benefited Luke Wright more than reading Len Hutton's biography!