facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 26, 2014, 05:39 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default observations going into day 3

1) Zimbabwe's bowlers are disciplined. They bowl to their field and to their plan. I can't think a team that does so much with so little. They don't have any wicket takers but with crazy pressure they induce mistakes.

2) their fielders are incredible. We drop easy catches that go for 4, and they stop perfect cover drives that were destined for 4. Net 30-40 run difference right there.

3) Taylor supports his seamers with a pack off side ring. 2 slips, gully, point, cover point, mid off...with Chatara bowling a 6th stump line. In contrast Mushy gives Shahadat 3 slips, gully, and the arc between point and mid off open for the batsmen to get easy boundaries. And we wonder why Rajib has a career econ above 4.

4) their spinners got nothing from the surface while ours made the ball spit and hurl.

5) the first innings was a 350 wicket with both teams falling 100 short of par. How much deterioration will there be?

My prediction: zim will set us 200 to win.

#OneTeam1Dream

Old October 26, 2014, 06:04 PM
Cricket Savant

two cute girls at far east end of gallery in salwar kameez after 64.3 overs
Old October 26, 2014, 06:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

I think 200 would be difficult but manageable. Tamim/Shakib and our team tend to bat better in the second innings. My fear is someone like Masakadza, Chigumbura or Taylor could suddenly go on a roll and score 50-60 additional runs and take the match away from us.
Old October 26, 2014, 06:43 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

6) first innings wickets: we earned Sibanda, Taylor, Chigumbura, Chakabva, and Ervines wickets. We gifted, Mominul, Riyad, Shakib, Hom, Mushfiq. The result is in our hands alone. As well as they bowled, they only foxed 2 of our wickets. Similarly, their batsmen only gifted us 2. This is akin to the concept of turnover differential in football/basketball.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 26, 2014, 08:54 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Not surprised about the results so far. There just isn't too much separating these teams. Both the team's batsmen looked good but then threw their wickets away. Won't be surprised if we see some good 50s but just a few 100s. Bowling from the 2 sides have been pretty good. Their pacers have clicked while our spinners clicked.

We just have to look at the task at hand and not think too much about yesterday. Just keep attacking with our spinners and bowl them out today for 200 or less. If we can do that we have a chance to win
Old October 26, 2014, 09:55 PM
Cricket Guru

Our pacers are not better than theirs as per Shakib, though there was a few drops/missed chances off Shahadat I believe
Old October 27, 2014, 05:47 AM
Test Cricketer

The pitches have been minefields in last two bilateral series, first against India and now Zimbabwe. Is BCB trying to produce sporty wickets which is going wrong or these are simply just bad products?
Old October 27, 2014, 07:44 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tonne
The pitches have been minefields in last two bilateral series, first against India and now Zimbabwe. Is BCB trying to produce sporty wickets which is going wrong or these are simply just bad products?
So how would you describe Atahar's pitch comment before the 3rd day play?

"Only once at Mirpur 22 or more wickets fell in 1st two days. 2008, 24 wicket went down."

Then the 3rd day play, 17 went down. I guess the overcast condition did the trick?
Old October 27, 2014, 08:01 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

My observation. 1st day watched the first session. 3rd day pretty much the entire game.

Riyad looked good. Mushi did well with the bat. Glove work was shoddy 3rd day. Shakib, 1st match after a long time, made his present felt. Batting was something to be desired. Mominul? The 50+ average has to come down sometimes right? Grrrr!!!!!

Shahadat, did more than what I expected. However, the occational leg stump bowling is costing him and BD runs. Taijul. SLA - Mo Rafique, Shakib (Thank you).

Tamim, did you get your wishes? Shamsur and Shuvogoto. I do not know their roles. Will give them one more chance. I am against chopping and changing too many times. Continuity is needed to let the team grow and gel.

Bring in S Shajib for Al-Amin. Let him take a break and remodel his action.
Old October 27, 2014, 08:25 AM
Cricket Legend

True chopping and changing not good. But Shamsur Rahman seems to have taken lifetime membership in the BD Underachievers, Never Learn From The Past club. Suvagoto Hom must prove he is there to do sth.

But who are our replacement candidates?
Old October 27, 2014, 09:17 AM
Cricket Sage

- its always very important to set up a role by the team for a newer player. What was the expected role of Hom in the team? in previous test, he was used as a bowler who can bat a bit. Is this his true role in the team? Or it shifted a bit? Does he know what is his main role in the team?

- Its not easy for a new player to shine in the highest level as an opener when that player is not necessarily played consistently as an opener in the lower level. So I kind of feel sorry for him, if he is dropped, it will be really hard for him to come back again. if his substitute shines, that will be the final nail in his coffin. Will he get another chance, or that's it...that is something I will be watching for next few days.

- We have too long tail for my liking. I hope the coaches work with Taijul and Likhon so that they can trun out to be a good enough lower end batsman. taijul has the potential to be a decent lower end batsman. Likon too early to tell, but he is young and he is not a dummy as a batsman...so who knows.

- I am not a fan of Shahadat, but looks like he have done enough to survive the cut. Is it good or bad? its depends on him, how he take this opportunities realizing that there are others breathing behind his shoulders.

- Three run outs in one innings in TEST. That is simply un-acceptable. Without these we should have a decent 1st innings lead and a much easier win.

- After a long time it was a one step back for AL-Amin. before this games, he was constantly improving game after game. may be it has something to do with the pressure his is currently in.... its his career at risk.

- The way Momin bats, is really very entertaining to watch. Kind of disappointed in this game, hopefully he will make up for the rest of the series. I believe in him.

- Hard to justify why Rahim comes so late in the batting order. If wicket keeping is the reason, then there is more reason why management should ask him to get rid of his wicket keeping.

- Taijul and Likhon were the reason why I still come back and watch games. Players like them keep me interested and force me to come back again and again.
Old October 27, 2014, 09:26 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

jitsi jitsi..fazal mamu analyzing baad diya nachen amar sathe. bolen jitsi jitsi