facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 27, 2012, 04:23 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

^^ That will be the case.

I see very little chance of either of them getting picked during the auction, as it is supposed to take place before the BPL starts. IF Tamim and to some extend Nasir plays really well in the BPL, they might get a replacement call.

If Tamim gets picked in the auction this year, it would be the biggest irony, given how he was ignored last couple of editions when he was actually in great form.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]

Old January 27, 2012, 12:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Guys you have to consider the fact that in IPL, 4 foreigners can play; Indians already have enough batsmen who are much better than the likes of Tamim, Jahirul, Mahmudullah etc. And then you have the de-funct IPL franchise players.. Tamim is good but not as good as Jayawardhena or McCullum; Nasir is also good but Murlitharan,Perrera, Hodge like players waiting...

If any of the Bangladeshis get selected, I would be surprised as many of you. This years IPL has stiff competition and Bangladeshi's performance last year was really bad in terms of ODI or T20 for Tamim, Riad, Jahirul, etc.
Old January 27, 2012, 01:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

i don't think anyone will be bought. i hope nasir doesn't get sold because i doubt whether he will be able to handle the fame and money and glamour at such an early stage of his career
Old January 28, 2012, 01:05 PM
Cricket Legend

None will be bought, not even TAMIM!
Old January 28, 2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Well, the BPL should be a good opportunity for our players to showcase their abilities to make their chances of getting an IPL contract stronger. Gives them all the more reason to do well here and does add to the competitiveness of the BPL. Win win.
Win win?
I am not sure if IPL is one of the main reasons of India's recent downfall in Test cricket. If so, BD won't be no different than the Indians too in longer version of cricket.

And, BD yet to win a Test against the big boyes! BPL / IPL might make the players/board rich, but also could be the reason to kill our hope in Test cricket as well.
Old January 28, 2012, 03:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Win win?
I am not sure if IPL is one of the main reasons of India's recent downfall in Test cricket. If so, BD won't be no different than the Indians too in longer version of cricket.

And, BD yet to win a Test against the big boyes! BPL / IPL might make the players/board rich, but also could be the reason to kill our hope in Test cricket as well.
India not doing well in Tests because of the IPL is a lame excuse in my opinion. Australia has a really high profile league in BBL. Do you see them struggling the way India has? Their racking up 600+ runs. India's mainly struggling because of old age and also because of their poor technique on bouncy pitches. The formats are not the problem. Its the pitches they play on back at home. So I don't get why people are blaming the IPL for this.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old January 28, 2012, 04:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
India not doing well in Tests because of the IPL is a lame excuse in my opinion. Australia has a really high profile league in BBL. Do you see them struggling the way India has? Their racking up 600+ runs. India's mainly struggling because of old age and also because of their poor technique on bouncy pitches. The formats are not the problem. Its the pitches they play on back at home. So I don't get why people are blaming the IPL for this.

Agreed. It's a ridiculous argument. Their two biggest failures, Dravid and Laxman, are not even regulars for their teams in the IPL. Sehwag has always been poor outside of the SC. While Virat Kohli, the only batsman to have exceeded 300 runs in the series, was initially pushed for selection for the Indian team due to his success in the IPL. As long as the BPL is managed properly and doesn't encroach into the territory of first-class cricket I see no reason why it would be detrimental to our cricket.
Old January 28, 2012, 04:22 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
Agreed. It's a ridiculous argument. Their two biggest failures, Dravid and Laxman, are not even regulars for their teams in the IPL. Sehwag has always been poor outside of the SC. While Virat Kohli, the only batsman to have exceeded 300 runs in the series, was initially pushed for selection for the Indian team due to his success in the IPL. As long as the BPL is managed properly and doesn't encroach into the territory of first-class cricket I see no reason why it would be detrimental to our cricket.
Agreed. Also don't forget Warner already has 2 centuries in Tests. So its about being able to manage the schedules properly so that all 3 formats are played regularly.

Old January 29, 2012, 12:25 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful & Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
http://newagebd.com/newspaper1/sports/48372.html

+++++++++++++++++++

Tamim will get a team this yr i guess. And maybe Nasir. Rest are there to make the numbers in my honest opinion.
My 100% vote for your this comment.
Old January 29, 2012, 12:30 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful & Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
i don't think anyone will be bought. i hope nasir doesn't get sold because i doubt whether he will be able to handle the fame and money and glamour at such an early stage of his career
je nachte jane, she shob stage ei pare....ate vhoer kisu nai. I belive in him.
Old January 29, 2012, 04:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

BPL making things worse is ridiculous - I mean how worse could it get? The good thing would be that players would improve in limited overs/T20 cricket and even for test cricket it would be a great opportunity for unknown players to hog the limelight.

So win-win, yes.
Old January 29, 2012, 04:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

And we're doing crappy because the team management/captaincy is crappy, has nothing to do with IPL. Kohli, Ashwin, Yadav etc. doing well does indeed show that.
Old January 29, 2012, 07:46 AM
Street Cricketer

Why didn't they submit Ash name over there?
Old January 29, 2012, 08:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

^^ why should they?
Old January 29, 2012, 11:50 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim, Sakib, Hashim Amla

Wow, it will give boost to our players' experience and hope they can spread it to local of bd when they come back home tournys.
Old January 30, 2012, 10:40 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

Only tamim is in the final list. Zimbabwe has 8, Ireland has 2

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old January 30, 2012, 03:17 PM
Cricket Sage

ZIM na NZ -er kach Bash khailo? Tau 8 jon included?
Old January 30, 2012, 05:25 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
Only tamim is in the final list. Zimbabwe has 8, Ireland has 2

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
this shows how one eyed they are with us. They want to say zimbo's play better in Asia then us? come one u #@!@#...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old January 30, 2012, 05:28 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, De Villiers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
this shows how one eyed they are with us. They want to say zimbo's play better in Asia then us? come one u #@!@#...
True That.
Old January 30, 2012, 05:32 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, De Villiers.

Only 1 bangaldeshi included while 8 zimbo's. Goes to show how India really despise us. Well,anyways l'm not even sure whether Tamim will be bought in the auction or not given his current form.
Old January 30, 2012, 06:12 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Performing Tigers

আইপিএল নিলামে তামিম| তারিখ: ৩১-০১-২০১২

পঞ্চম আইপিএলের নিলামে তোলার জন্য বিসিবি প্রস্তাব করেছিল বাংলাদেশের নয় ক্রিকেটারের নাম। চূড়ান্ত তালিকায় থাকলেন শুধু তামিম ইকবাল। তাঁর ভিত্তিমূল্য রাখা হয়েছে ৫০ হাজার ডলার। আগামী ৪ ফেব্রুয়ারি ব্যাঙ্গালুরুতে বসছে নিলাম। নিলামের তালিকায় আছেন মোট ১৪৪ জন ক্রিকেটার। মধ্যবর্তী নিলামেও এত বেশিসংখ্যক ক্রিকেটারের হাতুড়ির নিচে যাওয়ার কারণ কোচির বাদ পড়া। সর্বোচ্চ চার লাখ ডলার ভিত্তিমূল্য রাখা হয়েছে কোচির লক্ষ্মণ, শ্রীশান্ত ও ব্রেন্ডন ম্যাককালামের সঙ্গে সোয়ানের। প্রথমবারের মতো আইপিএলের নিলামে উঠছেন মিচেল জনসন, পিটার সিডল, স্টুয়ার্ট ম্যাকগিল, ভারনন ফিল্যান্ডাররা। ওয়েবসাইট।

-------------------------------

Tamim Iqbal was a notable addition, and will be the only Bangladesh player in the auction, at a reserve price of US$ 50,000.

Indian interest in the auction will be limited to eight newly-added players, all capped. Seven of them were part of the Kochi franchise last year while the eighth one is the fast bowler VRV Singh. The preliminary list had 25 Zimbabwe internationals, but only seven of them made it to the final draft.

CI

------------------------------
wow! 1(Tamim) + 1 (Shakib) Bangladeshi players and 7 Zimbabwe players...let's see how many zim players make it to the IPL!
Old January 30, 2012, 06:14 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
ZIM na NZ -er kach Bash khailo? Tau 8 jon included?
Ireland has two. Bd has one.
Old January 30, 2012, 06:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444

Not 'lame' at all. IPL may not be the sole reason but it’s one of the main reasons. BCCI's first priority is IPL now whereas for CA its still the test cricket. BBL took place in parallel with the aus-india test series. None of the test players complained. Can you imagine the same happening in India? Current & previous Australian captains deciding not to play any form of T20 also sends a message across.
The excessive emphasize on IPL or short form cricket caused other long term damages to longer version cricket in India- IPL is played on slow, low batting pitches for crowd pleasing because more runs mean more crowd. As a result Indian batsmen (specially the younger ones) are so vulnerable while playing in the bowling friendly conditions. Remember how Indian young, explosive batting stars failed in the year IPL moved to South Africa and also in t20 world cup in England?
And there is that obvious money factor. Performing young cricketers are brought into IPL at early stages of their career. The bling blang of money shifts their main focus from playing test cricket for their country to attracting higher bid in next year’s auction.
I hate that now-a-days every single of our series starts with a t20 match. This has to interrupt the preparation for the test matches. T20s should be played at the end of the series (to give the players and fans a chance to recover from the thrashing they just took in the test matches.)

So yeah, IPL (the who runs it) is to blame, unlike BBL.
Old January 30, 2012, 06:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

BCCI did not allow any Indian in BPL! They never hosted BD and don't have any plan in future...

The only way to answer this is to beat them at any cost next time we meet....
Old January 30, 2012, 07:16 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Our players not getting picked for IPL doesn't bother me, bc I don't care for it. It doesn't justify how good/bad we're, so don't let it be that way.

Sure there may be some "conspiracy" behind it, Ind wants to show who is in charge (considering how well their team is doing, this might be the only way left for them to dominate), but the way I like to look at it is, Zims have better 20/20 players and we shouldnt feel jealous. It's good that they will earn some handy cash. Our players are always under rated bc of the tag "Bangladesh." We should know how it feels. Just bc they are Zimbabweans doesn't make them less of a candidate automatically.

If we wanna do somethin about it, as always, we should move our asses up to top 5. That will ans all the qs.