facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old April 19, 2013, 11:36 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Hate how he is being perceived as a nice guy and the fact that he lived a normal life.
Why? He is obviously not a good guy atm, not after killing 4 ppl and maiming tens of others, not to mention injuring hundreds. But up until ~110 hours ago, he was a 'good guy', who was the very definition of normal and well adjusted.

jock/good student/social

-Captain of the wresting team
-Won a City scholarship
-Won State
-Won a City athlete of the year award
-Had a ton of friends
-Was attending college
-Room mates and people in his dorm(boys and girls, including the female RA) all spoke about how social he was, and how completely normal he was.

It's obvious the big brother got to him and he really looked up to the big brother - it's no excuse, and he'll pay with his life, but that doesn't mean we have to try to fit him into the media driven stereotype of a MAD ISLAMIC SPIT SPEWING TERRORIST

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...3eN/story.html

Old April 20, 2013, 01:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiators
Why? He is obviously not a good guy atm, not after killing 4 ppl and maiming tens of others, not to mention injuring hundreds. But up until ~110 hours ago, he was a 'good guy', who was the very definition of normal and well adjusted.

jock/good student/social

-Captain of the wresting team
-Won a City scholarship
-Won State
-Won a City athlete of the year award
-Had a ton of friends
-Was attending college
-Room mates and people in his dorm(boys and girls, including the female RA) all spoke about how social he was, and how completely normal he was.

It's obvious the big brother got to him and he really looked up to the big brother - it's no excuse, and he'll pay with his life, but that doesn't mean we have to try to fit him into the media driven stereotype of a MAD ISLAMIC SPIT SPEWING TERRORIST

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...3eN/story.html
Those comments the media are making about his 'normal life' make it seem that he shouldn't be punished for his sins. It's as if people want to feel sorry for him?
Old April 20, 2013, 02:26 AM
Cricket Savant

Ok don't mean to be a ditz but can someone summarize everything for me... or give a link plz that has the whole story... @Doc, what exactly is CNN other channels saying.. we don't have cable here

So basically two chechen muslim guys are suspect in custody right? Is there more to do the story?

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old April 20, 2013, 07:21 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Ok don't mean to be a ditz but can someone summarize everything for me... or give a link plz that has the whole story... @Doc, what exactly is CNN other channels saying.. we don't have cable here

So basically two chechen muslim guys are suspect in custody right? Is there more to do the story?
You live in the US and you are coming here to a site for BANGLADESH cricket fans for information related to a terror incident that happened in the US.

Looks like the Bangladesh Test debacle has affected you a lot.
Old April 20, 2013, 07:25 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
You live in the US and you are coming here to a site for BANGLADESH cricket fans for information related to a terror incident that happened in the US.

Looks like the Bangladesh Test debacle has affected you a lot.
You got me. If I was really passionate I'd simply google it. I actually wanted to debump the silly Trillionaire thread. But point taken.

Old April 20, 2013, 08:31 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

^^ LOl...Dr.Z.
Old April 20, 2013, 10:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Zeshaan sometimes just says the dumbest thing..... He wants summary of world events ..hala dhong korar aar jaiga pai na....

Mama barir abdaar.....
Old April 20, 2013, 11:19 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I think it'd have been better if the older one didn't get killed. This kid probably won't know anything about the connections between his brother and who ever he was connected to. He probably didn't tell him anything. Kid is just a pond.
Old April 20, 2013, 08:28 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Old April 20, 2013, 11:43 PM
Cricket Sage

Old April 21, 2013, 12:50 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Old April 21, 2013, 03:24 AM
First Class Cricketer

People go on about terrorist 'masterminds', aaro koto kichu.

I think after seeing the next gif, the question should be, how is it that there aren't more successful attacks

Old April 21, 2013, 02:51 PM
Cricket Sage

I was wondering when will reports like this start showing up claiming ties between Boston mosques and radicalization, and "saudi" connection.
Old April 21, 2013, 06:01 PM
Administrator

And you are watching Fox. Had they been Budhists, fox would still have run a report that they were radicalized by some mosque in the US or somewhere. To the xenophobic FOX audience the diffrrence either does not matter or cannot be fathomed.
Old April 21, 2013, 06:06 PM
Cricket Savant

Got called the t-word today by a mexican dude driving by. Amaro dosh ase, dari rakharo ar shomoy pailam na

Old April 21, 2013, 06:07 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

60 Min social pages were hacked. Some guy went nuts on it with conspiracy theories.
Old April 21, 2013, 09:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
And you are watching Fox. Had they been Budhists, fox would still have run a report that they were radicalized by some mosque in the US or somewhere. To the xenophobic FOX audience the diffrrence either does not matter or cannot be fathomed.
I don't watch Fox. I just check it out at times like this, to see what they are cooking up.
Old April 21, 2013, 10:59 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Got called the t-word today by a mexican dude driving by. Amaro dosh ase, dari rakharo ar shomoy pailam na
Should have called him an illegal immigrant
Old April 21, 2013, 11:16 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

He's up, but can't talk. He'd tried to suicide by putting a gun through his mouth but failed. The bullet went through his throat. More

Also they are keeping him in the same hospital as the victims. That's not right.
Old April 22, 2013, 01:42 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Tru dat. They tried to link the Virginia Tech massacre to jihadism also instead of just callin crazy, crazy.

I watch FOX all the time...it annoys my mom, but I like to hear them go ape-****. Plus, they have the hottest chicks on there. Andrea Tantaros...god damn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
I don't watch Fox. I just check it out at times like this, to see what they are cooking up.
They usually cook up a broiled bullshit, which is decent, and they generally add 1 cup of Islamophobia to it, 2 tbsp of negrophobia, a dash of xenophobia, a pint of Obamaphobia, and dallop of Zionism. The resulting caserole is quite popular in many parts of the country!

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 22, 2013, 01:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
He's up, but can't talk. He'd tried to suicide by putting a gun through his mouth but failed. The bullet went through his throat. More

Also they are keeping him in the same hospital as the victims. That's not right.
That is beyond wrong.
Old April 22, 2013, 10:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Imam: I wouldn’t give Boston suspect last rites

By Moni Basu and Eric Marrapodi, CNN
Old April 23, 2013, 07:00 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

They are saying no accomplice was found. I don't buy it. Like I said, they needed the older guy alive.

They lived in the US long enough to not do something this stupid and radical. At least the younger one who grew up here. His twitter feeds suggests he wasn't a hardcore Muslim, that all of a sudden he had the urge to defend Islam by killing people.

Also I don't like how people have a soft spot for this guy. Why? Because he's caucasian? Because he doesn't have a full-face beard?
Old April 23, 2013, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
They lived in the US long enough to not do something this stupid and radical.
I wouldnt be surprised if FOBs living for 10 years, unable to integrate/adopt their new country are more prone to radicalisation. I can totally see this happening to a large number of Bangali immigrant kids if they fall in to the wrong crowd as well. The muslim communities are more likely to 'import' people from other countries with more hardcore viewpoints to be Imams or religious teachers too. Just look at the British-Bangladeshi communities now - they aren't English, nor does being Bengali/Bangladeshi/Sylheti take primacy over being 'Muslim'.
Old April 23, 2013, 08:00 PM
Forever Bangy

I found this interesting, from CNN:

"Communicating with investigators by writing and nodding, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has indicated that his older brother masterminded the bombings, the source said.

The younger Tsarnaev has been charged with using and conspiring to use a weapon of mass destruction resulting in death, as well as one count of malicious destruction of property by means of an explosive device resulting in death.

Although Tsarnaev is heavily sedated and on a ventilator at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, he was "alert, mentally competent and lucid" during a brief initial court appearance at his bedside Monday, U.S. Magistrate Judge Marianne Bowler found."

So umm one minute you go from appearing in court to the next having a tube down your throat and being 'heavily sedated' - meaning under a general anaesthetic. How well could he really have been prior to that?

You're not even allowed to make legal decisions whilst taking Codeine, and by no stretch of the imagination he'd be on stronger opioids than that. I'm not saying that there isn't a way he could be alert enough, but legally shouldn't you be extra careful? How exactly did they determine his alertness or the fact that he wasn't off with the fairies on Morphine?