facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 27, 2005, 04:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Razzak- the super sub

Daily star said left-arm spinner Abdur Razzak will be used as a super-sub in the tour match. I guess Bashar is planning to bat first if he wins the toss. In case Rana plays in this match, then we will have three SLA's bowling in the same innings, I say it is too many considering the fact that Bashar already has a part time offie in Rajin (even a second option in Tushar). But I guess we don't have much option as Rasel and Abir are getting rest , thus ChaCha is the only other person who can be the sub (actually, that is not an option as we all agreed that ChaCha does his cheerleading job better from the bench).

Edited on, August 27, 2005, 9:59 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.

Old August 27, 2005, 05:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

I don't understand how come the think tank give a rest to Syed Rasel in tomorrow's practice match when he needs to get accustomed with the national team in the field. Considering the first ODI as his first ever international match, should he not be needed to have some practice in Srilankan condition?
Old August 27, 2005, 08:51 PM
ODI Cricketer

Well,the think-tank thinks that Russel needs some much needed rest after a long England tour. According to Prothom-alo, Bashar and Dave both have enough confidence on him. Therefore, my friend, Russel will be baptized with fire. I hope that everything works out for him.
Old August 27, 2005, 08:57 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

I hope this confidence is well-placed! 'coz if it is then resting him is a doubly good move. The Sri Lankans will face a decent bowler without having any prior any knowledge about his qualities.

Quote:
Originally posted by sunniath
Well,the think-tank thinks that Russel needs some much needed rest after a long England tour. According to Prothom-alo, Bashar and Dave both have enough confidence on him. Therefore, my friend, Russel will be baptized with fire. I hope that everything works out for him.
Old August 27, 2005, 09:02 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

We just can wait and see. Let's hope for the best. The first match will start in three hours. I just cant wait. Good Luck, Bangladesh.
Old August 27, 2005, 09:05 PM
Cricket Guru

why not Chacha :P
Old August 28, 2005, 01:06 AM
BC Editorial Team

actually razzak is not a bad idea. he's a good fielder. He can go thru his overs real quick and is usually economica. Finally he can throw his bat about. In fact he's perfect for ODIs.
Old August 28, 2005, 01:19 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by zia
We just can wait and see. Let's hope for the best. The first match will start in three hours. I just cant wait. Good Luck, Bangladesh.
How do you know it's gonna start in 3 hours ? As far as i know they already started 2 and half hours ago . Which site you watching ?
Old August 28, 2005, 03:41 AM
Club Cricketer