facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old September 17, 2009, 07:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim
Default Jay Sean

So I had never heard of this guy until "down" came out. This guy is amazing man and guess what else...he's brown!!! I thought for the longest time that Jay was black until I saw the music video for "Down". After that I checked all his other songs and they were all good. Check out his other songs and rep some BROWN PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old September 17, 2009, 07:54 PM

Ha! Ha!! Brown pride it is then!!!?
Old September 17, 2009, 07:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

dude this guy is like so 5 years ago!!!

He made a couple of good songs n was in competition with the other 'brown' artist within the similar genre Raghav back in the day..

Raghav for me was way better but thanks for uploading the clips, has taken me down memory lane for sure..
Old September 17, 2009, 07:58 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

He is now competing with western singers..

He is becoming very popular in USA and other western countries. His last album was a big hit and it was in top 10 chart.
Old September 17, 2009, 08:02 PM
Cricket Sage

jay sean is good and everything, but forget him, we got mumzy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTpY_VGd0UY
Old September 17, 2009, 08:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

He's blown up pretty big ... lots of invites to Jay Sean parties on my inbox

Ride it is my favorite song of his
Old September 17, 2009, 08:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
He's blown up pretty big ... lots of invites to Jay Sean parties on my inbox

Ride it is my favorite song of his
Jay Sean parties?
Old September 17, 2009, 08:43 PM
Cricket Savant

I like Jay Sean's Down but I feel no "pride" for this guy. Just because some Indian guy made it big makes no difference in my life in the same way those "Desis" wouldn't bother opening a thread if a Bangladeshi makes it. Besides race is a small factor and Jay Sean is not a phenomenon or anything. If I look upto someone for instance Eminem it's not because he is the best "white" rappper but because he is the best rapper period. A man in his talents should transcend everything: race, nationality, culture, religion and stand by himself on his own merit of human individuality.

Just my two pence.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old September 17, 2009, 09:05 PM
Cricket Legend

hey guys, can you help a brother out? I want to get my haircut/hairstyle to be like Jay Sean in the video "Stolen". What should I tell the hairstylist? Like what number to cut on the sides and stuff like that. thanks.
Old September 17, 2009, 09:19 PM
Cricket Sage

ro go with the ride it style, almost shaved.
Old September 17, 2009, 09:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Alok, Ash, Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
ro go with the ride it style, almost shaved.
lol.. just take a pic of him and show it to the haircutter
Old September 17, 2009, 11:52 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

I usually wear a cap on my head and ask my barber to shave around it! I call it babar buzz cut style!
Old September 17, 2009, 11:54 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Who is this guy? Is he the guy who has this clothing line! Sean Jhone, I see it in Harlem all over!
Old September 18, 2009, 12:43 AM
Cricket Guru

OMG JAy Sean..I love this guys <3
Jay sean is like WOAH! not the best, but still very good.

Oh and Rommel, you're a little late =P
Old September 18, 2009, 01:48 AM
Cricket Savant

Default An Annonated Guide to the Quasi-Philsophical Theme of Jay Sean's Down

Quote:
Baby are you down down down down down,
Down, Down,
Jay Sean starts with "Baby" which hints at the embryonic nature nascent in everything. The author's rhyme scheme, although not iambic pentameter but has the trochee form. Next he maintains:

Quote:
Even if the sky is falling down,
Down, down
Ooh (ohhh)
This shows Jay Seans vast literary knowledge like Asterix and the king Abraracourcix whose only fear is the sky will fall down. The fact that the author delved into the Gaul literature also hints that he may have read voraciously including Pliny the Elder's encyclopedia and Gibbons' 1776 edition of The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire. The fact that author mentions "down" so many times it alludes to the the Plague of Cyprian which broke out causing large-scale mortality and the period before accession of Diocletian. He includes the word "Ohh" which clearly points to the psychosexual connotation of anal retention in his early years according to Piaget's theory.

Quote:
You oughta know, tonight is the night to let it go,
Put on a show, I wanna see how you lose control,
At this time, author segues into a dramatic climax and boldly proclaims to "put on a show" which can only mean the theatrical showcasing of marionette that Goethan literature incorporates. Further hidden is the fact that the author himself is putting "on a show" of his impressive command of German literature which obviously goes onto include Schiller and Schopenhauer's philosophy with Eastern influences of Taosim as he talks about to "let go,"

Quote:
So leave it behind 'cause we, have a night to get away,
So come on and fly with me, as we make our great escape.
Here the scholars interpretations vary especially because the fact he talks about flying, although in hyperbole and metaphorically, it may very well signal his experiment with opium like Coleridge. He deftly truncates "because" into just "'cause" to maintain a harmonic balance of the rhythm and the meter. And when he alludes to "great escape" he is weaving his subtle influens from Paul Brickhill's novel The Great Escape which is an autobiographical account about the mass escape from the German prisoner of war camp Stalag Luft III for British and Commonwealth airmen.

Quote:
So baby don't worry, you are my only,
You won't be lonely, even if the sky is falling down,
You'll be my only, no need to worry,
Here the author talks tells us not to "worry" which has clinical overtones of Bob Mcfarlene's song "Don't worry be happy" and assures his sweetheart not to worry. The deep structure of the meter envelopes compound rhymescheme such as "lonely" with "my only" which shows his stroke of genius before he continues the refrain.

Quote:
Down, Down,
Down, Down,
Even if the sky is falling down,
Author's sparse use of the refrain shows again another poetic harmonic balance shadow of like Bach's string quarter in D Minor.

Quote:
Just let it be, come on and bring your body next to me,
I'll take you away, hey, turn this place into our private getaway,
Authors vary on the real meaning of "private getaway" and some speculate that when uses the word "body" he may be subconsciously hinting at dead body and his hidden necrophiliac meaning.

Quote:
(LiL Wayne)
Even if the sky is falling down like she 'posed to be,
She gets down low for me,
Author Lil Wayne starts with the recursive motif of sky falling down and exhibits his fine penmanship of rhythm and meter by his use of elision in she' posed. Then the author wastes no time in introducing themes of eroticism so prevalent among his contemporary artist and the Weltanschauung of modern day and culture.

Quote:
Down like her temperature, 'cause to me she zero degrees,
She cold, over freeze,
I got that girl from overseas,
Although the author doesn't explicitly mention cosmic microwave radiation but his verse has definite overtones of Planck temperature in thermodynaical scale and his mentioning of down clearly signifies Kolmogorov–Sinai or measure-theoretic entropy of a dynamical system.

Quote:
Now she my miss America,
Now can I be her soldier please,
I'm fighting for this girl,
On a battlefield of love,
The idiomatic "battlefield of love" clearly points to All Quiet on the Western Frontier and the allusion to Paul Baumer survived training camp under the sadistic Corporal Himmelstoss. The author again amazes the reader or the listener with his impressive array of knowledge and the philosophical underpinning of great "Love" and "Death." He also expresses clear disgust through his sheer sarcasm of the ironic "Miss America" which is actually a metaphor for Lady Liberty and the deterioration of the socio-political environment of one of the most developed country of the world.

Quote:
Don't it look like baby cupid sendin arrows from above,
Don't you ever leave the side of me,
Indefinitely, not probably,
Author briefly touches Roman mythology when he mentions cupid sending arrows. The word "indefintely" shows his influences from Heideggar's Of Time and Being and unwraps his philosophical outlook of non-linear time; his disgust for probabilty theory especially of Monte Carlo stacking is also evident.

Quote:
And honestly I'm down like the economy,
Yeahhhhhh
Finally, author here is clearly demonstarting his vast depth of economical (and ecumnical) knowledge which is most likely Malthusian in context especially the growth model and the underlying theme of "surplus theory." The final word "Yeahhhhhhh" with 6H shows the Kabbalistic parallel of 666 or HHH, which despite the fact being Baconian seems to stand opposite to the overall theme. He ends with his vision of strong optism by writing "Yeah" but deep down inside he is encapsulating anti-christ view.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old September 18, 2009, 02:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel
Jay Sean parties?
just have to wait a few years before they let you in

As for the hair cut

Fade #2 on the sides/sideburns about 2 inches past your ear (MAKE SURE YOU POINT WITH YOUR FINGER ELSE YOU'LL HAVE A MUSHROOM)
Fade behind your neck
line up on the top (Optional)

than you go to the supermarket and buy expensive hair spray or gel or blow dry.
Old September 18, 2009, 02:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
just have to wait a few years before they let you in

As for the hair cut

Fade #2 on the sides/sideburns about 2 inches past your ear (MAKE SURE YOU POINT WITH YOUR FINGER ELSE YOU'LL HAVE A MUSHROOM)
Fade behind your neck
line up on the top (Optional)

than you go to the supermarket and buy expensive hair spray or gel or blow dry.
Is this for his hair in the video "Stolen"? Have you had this hair style before? So like what's a Jay Sean party? Do you guys just listen to Jay Sean music there or does he actually show up to the parties?
Old September 18, 2009, 02:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
I usually wear a cap on my head and ask my barber to shave around it! I call it babar buzz cut style!
HHS....another BK special
Old September 18, 2009, 02:52 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel
Is this for his hair in the video "Stolen"? Have you had this hair style before? So like what's a Jay Sean party? Do you guys just listen to Jay Sean music there or does he actually show up to the parties?
Thats what it looks like to me tbh you have to have a lot of hair and it could be #3 or 4 on the sides. Yeah I've had hair similar to that.

You never know until you try

How dare that fool dump Bipasha

It's a prty than the he shows up 2 hrs into in to it, goes by the dj booth an impromto stage is made says a few words sings a few songs, desi girls act like retards .. he leaves or stays in vip and party continues.

I've never gone to one of his but thats the routine.
Old September 18, 2009, 03:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Jay sean's pretty sick. I've heard about him actually a pretty long time ago. You've gotta listen to some of his old music too. Listen to this one me and my friends used to love a few months ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDkpK...eature=related
Old September 18, 2009, 08:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

This guy came to my high school and performed there a few years ago, cos he was cousins with one the senior students.