facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 13, 2011, 02:35 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: M'Dulla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Being experienced or respected posters do not automatically qualify them as informed. They dislike him for whatever reason and its not my business to correct them at every turn. I have no personal like or dislike for Siddons. I like his work. The overall stats in tests leave no place for argument. Some needs to be poked in the eye to see it. But, curing the blind is not my job.
Good point, well made.

Old March 13, 2011, 05:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
Here is how I saw those outs:

1. Tamim: Was late to react to a delivery that he should have defended with a straight bat.
2. Junaed: Started late in running and then did not run fast enough. A dive could have saved him. He did not bother to do that.
3. Roq: Out to a good delivery. But when you play international cricket, you expect those one coming. Roq was late in his defense. And missed the ball because of not keeping the bat straight enough.
4. Imrul: Took the first run very slowly and that caused the downfall. When you are taking two runs, you have to run the first one like Usain Bolt. Very basic!
5. Shakib: Unnecessarily risky shot at the context of the match. His presence at the crease was needed and he gave it away.
6. Rahim: No complain about that out. It was a superb delivery and batsmen will feel lucky not to edge that perfect outswinger.
7. Nayeem: same as the Roq case.
8. Raj: He had to support the batsman, not going for SIXes.

Ian's claims are partially true. We did not see any slash out side the off and eventual caught behind. I appreciate that.

But there are certain problems for sure. You can not mask the problems by not playing a certain kind of bad shots for one match. The bowlers did their job and we were never under any rrr pressure at any stage of the match. England bowlers bowled crap at the start and Tamim does not miss those. But the fact is, we were losing from a comfortable position. Shafi played a miracle innings, as Ian has also pointed out. Otherwise we were failing to chase this small total. So, there must be some problems with the batting. As fans we can point out what we see on TV, the coaches have to find those problems out and solve them. Giving it an 'OK' tag does not work.
Excellent post.
Old March 13, 2011, 05:35 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mashrafe,Shak,Aftab,Tamim

Quote:
Here is how I saw those outs:

1. Tamim: Was late to react to a delivery that he should have defended with a straight bat.
2. Junaed: Started late in running and then did not run fast enough. A dive could have saved him. He did not bother to do that.
3. Roq: Out to a good delivery. But when you play international cricket, you expect those one coming. Roq was late in his defense. And missed the ball because of not keeping the bat straight enough.
4. Imrul: Took the first run very slowly and that caused the downfall. When you are taking two runs, you have to run the first one like Usain Bolt. Very basic!
5. Shakib: Unnecessarily risky shot at the context of the match. His presence at the crease was needed and he gave it away.
6. Rahim: No complain about that out. It was a superb delivery and batsmen will feel lucky not to edge that perfect outswinger.
7. Nayeem: same as the Roq case.
8. Raj: He had to support the batsman, not going for SIXes.

Ian's claims are partially true. We did not see any slash out side the off and eventual caught behind. I appreciate that.

But there are certain problems for sure. You can not mask the problems by not playing a certain kind of bad shots for one match. The bowlers did their job and we were never under any rrr pressure at any stage of the match. England bowlers bowled crap at the start and Tamim does not miss those. But the fact is, we were losing from a comfortable position. Shafi played a miracle innings, as Ian has also pointed out. Otherwise we were failing to chase this small total. So, there must be some problems with the batting. As fans we can point out what we see on TV, the coaches have to find those problems out and solve them. Giving it an 'OK' tag does not work.
Yes, as fans we can point out what we see on TV, the coaches have to find those problems out and solve them. Giving it an 'OK' tag does not work.I agree with you Baundule .

To me, those back back of a length deliveries and late movement of the ball troubling the BD batsmen. The top order batsmen are still not performng well enough.

Siddons must work a bit harder with the top order batsmen in the net.
Old March 13, 2011, 08:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Quote:
Right. Riyadh had to step up, not Shafi. That is why it was a miracle win.
I think Mahmudullah lacks self belief. But Whatever he was doing against England, worked for him and the team. Hope he is following the game plan.
Old March 14, 2011, 06:56 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
I am in full agreement here. Right on about the Whatmore part. You seem to get it. Why did it take so long for someone like you to join BC? Welcome, and we need more of you.
thanx for the kind comments, thanx also to those who may disagree with me but have argued in a constructive manner.

I've frequented BC for a while-I kept forgetting my password so didn't post lol