facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 12, 2010, 05:49 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Bangladesh really needs more Test & ODI matches against the windies. Windies are seriously worse than us.

Old June 12, 2010, 06:24 PM
ODI Cricketer

Someone plz call bcb officials
Old June 12, 2010, 07:40 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

ajkeo AMLA sherokom run kore nai;yayy
Old June 13, 2010, 12:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
Bangladesh really needs more Test & ODI matches against the windies. Windies are seriously worse than us.
Bangladesh should play : pakistan west indies new zealand and zimbabwe
we got a realistic chanve to win

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old June 13, 2010, 03:27 PM
Cricket Savant

WI getting close to a heavy defeat.
It's sad to see them falling apart,there senior players are legends.
Old June 13, 2010, 03:34 PM
Cricket Legend

West Indies is not too far away from Curent Bangladesh

Chris Gayle show = Tamim Iqbal show

Chandarpaul = Shakib (if in form)

etc etc
Old June 13, 2010, 08:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic boy
West Indies is not too far away from Curent Bangladesh

Chris Gayle show = Tamim Iqbal show

Chandarpaul = Shakib (if in form)

etc etc
WI isn't playing all that well but let's not jump up and say we aren't far away from them..SA is a solid team and beat us pretty bad at our home..our 1st test was close but 2nd test we just got murdered and we scored above 200 only once..and the ODI's well the less said the better..we have improved since then but still we havent won even 1 game this year while WI has won some games..so their still ahead of us by a good margin..
Old June 13, 2010, 08:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
WI isn't playing all that well but let's not jump up and say we aren't far away from them..SA is a solid team and beat us pretty bad at our home..our 1st test was close but 2nd test we just got murdered and we scored above 200 only once..and the ODI's well the less said the better..we have improved since then but still we havent won even 1 game this year while WI has won some games..so their still ahead of us by a good margin..
lets not forget that we played far better IN south africa, despite the 2 innings defeats.

first test, saffers were 130-5 chasing our total of 250, before boucher and some other guy put on 200 run partnership.

2nd test, had it not been for 3 top order run outs, we could have easily avoided an innings defeats.

both matches were on green, bouncy tracks.

WI are getting owned at home, where we at least pushed SA in the first test.

in fact, on paper this windies team is probably no better than us. in conditions which favor us, we'd even come out on top perhaps. in their conditions (and i mean there in terms of wickets and not necessarily geographically) they would have the clear edge. only unquesitoned edge is that they would believe they can beat us, whereas our boys would play to not lose, rather than win, and in the process lose comprehensively.

but on paper, they ain't much better than us, if any better at all.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 13, 2010, 09:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
lets not forget that we played far better IN south africa, despite the 2 innings defeats.

first test, saffers were 130-5 chasing our total of 250, before boucher and some other guy put on 200 run partnership.

2nd test, had it not been for 3 top order run outs, we could have easily avoided an innings defeats.

both matches were on green, bouncy tracks.

WI are getting owned at home, where we at least pushed SA in the first test.

in fact, on paper this windies team is probably no better than us. in conditions which favor us, we'd even come out on top perhaps. in their conditions (and i mean there in terms of wickets and not necessarily geographically) they would have the clear edge. only unquesitoned edge is that they would believe they can beat us, whereas our boys would play to not lose, rather than win, and in the process lose comprehensively.

but on paper, they ain't much better than us, if any better at all.
It depends..in T20 no way we are better then the windies..but in ODIs they actually havent won a game yet this year like us..actually didn't realize that..and in tests they got beaten by the aussies but they proved to threaten the aussies big time..I'll say their pace bowling is way ahead of us..guys like taylor, edwards, bravo and roach are much more dangerous then the likes of rubel, shahadat, mash and shafiul..we have better spinners but I would give them the edge in batting..gayle is similar 2 tamim but they have chanderpaul and our next best batsman is shakib who is not close 2 chanderpaul..what happened 2 sarwan? He's a solid batsman and definitely better then all our batsmen as well..I agree though they aren't that much bigger in gap 2 us but I can't say if we can beat them in a series..
Old June 14, 2010, 12:06 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
I'll say their pace bowling is way ahead of us..guys like taylor, edwards, bravo and roach are much more dangerous then the likes of rubel, shahadat, mash and shafiul
WI is having problems to produce this fast bowlers and when they produce someone like fidel edwards, taylor, tino best or kemar roach they find trouble to keep him fit... so they go back to the medium pacers of rampaul, bravo, sammy etc.....

when will west indies produce the next .... AMBROSE, walsh or holding, garner, marshalls ... ...
Old June 14, 2010, 08:04 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
WI is having problems to produce this fast bowlers and when they produce someone like fidel edwards, taylor, tino best or kemar roach they find trouble to keep him fit... so they go back to the medium pacers of rampaul, bravo, sammy etc.....

when will west indies produce the next .... AMBROSE, walsh or holding, garner, marshalls ... ...
I really get upset whenever the windies do so bad..when they play good cricket they are the brazil of cricket..they still are 1 of my fav teams..the problem has been is that they just don't have a good system in place like us..now they are having A team tours which will only improve their cricket..I think having players like dowlin and richards are total wastes..they should play guys like simmons and barath..they have 2 build some kind of talent base 4 the team which they are lacking..well when we are comparing ourselves 2 the windies we actually seem 2 be in better shape..we actually have some players that can turn out 2 be world class players but windies are lacking that..
Old June 18, 2010, 01:56 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

it seems we r not alone. WI is pretty useless team like us.

so far in the 2nd test their fielding has been awful. they missed 3 easy runout chances and couple of catches (gayle and chanderpul is the culprit); both were pretty simple chance.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old June 18, 2010, 04:03 PM
Cricket Legend

amla is failing these days man
Old June 21, 2010, 12:10 AM
Cricket Guru

Is it safe to say now that West indies is better then us overall? Look at their performance today..I doubt we can ever be in a position like 426/4..we seem 2 forget that they still have world class players in Gayle and Chanderpaul..Nash and Deonarine are looking to be solid batsmen overall as well..once Sarwan comes back this team can be a tough unit 2 beat in test cricket..when you look at us then you can say that tamim can be compared 2 gayle but I rate gayle a better batsman..let tamim score double or triple hundreds in test cricket before you compare the 2..and the rest cannot be compared 2 the likes of chanders, and sarwan..people seem 2 forget that chanders has rock solid temperament and great looking shots..the closest player in comparison is mushy but in no way we can compare those 2..looks like we're gonna have 2 wait a while before we can be compared 2 the WI even..
Old June 21, 2010, 12:44 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Is it safe to say now that West indies is better then us overall? Look at their performance today..I doubt we can ever be in a position like 426/4..we seem 2 forget that they still have world class players in Gayle and Chanderpaul..Nash and Deonarine are looking to be solid batsmen overall as well..once Sarwan comes back this team can be a tough unit 2 beat in test cricket..when you look at us then you can say that tamim can be compared 2 gayle but I rate gayle a better batsman..let tamim score double or triple hundreds in test cricket before you compare the 2..and the rest cannot be compared 2 the likes of chanders, and sarwan..people seem 2 forget that chanders has rock solid temperament and great looking shots..the closest player in comparison is mushy but in no way we can compare those 2..looks like we're gonna have 2 wait a while before we can be compared 2 the WI even..
spot on... thay still have lots of better players with far better technique, basics and apllication.

they are finding it it a bit difficult these days with off field issues and lack of form and confidence. if they can recover it they are far far better then us.
Old June 27, 2010, 05:56 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

I am a hardcore windies fan from Bangladesh and it hurts to see both teams loosing matches after matches
Old June 28, 2010, 02:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Seems like WI losing by an Innings within 3 days.

Gayle is crap. I wonder why he is playing Tests.
Old June 28, 2010, 02:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
Seems like WI losing by an Innings within 3 days.

Gayle is crap. I wonder why he is playing Tests.
I'm sorry Murad bhai but Gayle is crap? He averages a 40 in Tests..12 Test centuries and 33 half centuries is remarkable and also scoring a triple century against the SA attack..anyone that can score a triple century has to be listed as 1 of the best..he hasn't been in the greatest form but the guy can flat out bat..its a shame he couldn't apply himself better though..he could have been 1 of the greats had he applied himself..he's still a great player though..and 1 of my favorites in the game..
Old June 28, 2010, 03:24 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Tiger bhai, I know he is averaging in 40s. But the thing is he plays Tests like T20s and gets out playing stupid shots and put the team under pressure most of the time. A great player wouldnt do that especially when he is an opener.
Old June 29, 2010, 07:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
Tiger bhai, I know he is averaging in 40s. But the thing is he plays Tests like T20s and gets out playing stupid shots and put the team under pressure most of the time. A great player wouldnt do that especially when he is an opener.
Shewag gets out a lot like that as well..would you say he's crap then? Shakib also gets out in the same fashion..once tamim's form goes down he might look like that 2..all these players I've listed have that kind of style and they look good when their in form but bad when their out of form..doesn't make them good or bad players though..
Old June 29, 2010, 10:03 AM
Cricket Savant

south africa chasing 47

already 18/1
Old June 29, 2010, 10:11 AM
Cricket Savant

West Indies 231 & 161

South Africa 346 & 29/2 (4.2 ov)

South Africa require another 18 runs with 8 wickets remaining

Day 4 - Session 1
Old June 29, 2010, 10:14 AM
Cricket Savant

good thing is hashim amala not getting too many big scores .... good for tamim iqbal
Old June 29, 2010, 10:36 AM
Cricket Savant

West Indies 231 & 161

South Africa 346 & 49/3 (8.4 ov)

South Africa won by 7 wickets
Old June 29, 2010, 08:31 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
good thing is hashim amala not getting too many big scores .... good for tamim iqbal
exactly,thats wht i've been following now a days since TI reached to n°1.
Amla is out of mojo(very unusual) hope it doesn't happen to our TI.