facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 3, 2007, 01:26 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerRoar
I disagree with my fellow Tiger fans that this is a new era. I think we will continue to struggle and be beaten black in blue in test matches.

Ashraful is hardly a useful test player, let alone captain. Our real new era will start after all the lessons have been learnt during Ashraful's tenure. Then our next captain will be more skillful.

Before we start celebrating, I should warn my Bangla brothers not to expect anything but DEFEAT. In ODI it may be a different story since it is a hit and miss game, and we might sneak out a few wins against the top teams.
Whatever happens, it's a new era. What you are saying might come true, or might prove completely wrong.

No point speculating pessimistically until it is happened. No ifs and buts, wishing a new beginning of Bangladesh cricket.

Old June 3, 2007, 01:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
I disagree with my fellow Tiger fans that this is a new era. I think we will continue to struggle and be beaten black in blue in test matches.

Ashraful is hardly a useful test player, let alone captain. Our real new era will start after all the lessons have been learnt during Ashraful's tenure. Then our next captain will be more skillful.

Before we start celebrating, I should warn my Bangla brothers not to expect anything but DEFEAT. In ODI it may be a different story since it is a hit and miss game, and we might sneak out a few wins against the top teams.
I do like your unfettered optimism! Although, a little bit of pragmatism wouldn't hurt either.

Be prepared to eat your words regarding Ashraful.
Old June 3, 2007, 01:33 PM
Street Cricketer

BCfan...can you tell me what it is about ashraful that is making you confident? is it his responsible batting? or proven leadership? or the fact that our team is still a pushover for major test teams?

optimism is fine unless it is foolish. i like to blv. in realism.
Old June 3, 2007, 02:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Yours isn't realism, it's pessimism. And pessimism is fine, until it sounds loserish.

Whatever you said are pure speculations. You're trying to predict future, and you're doing that with a loser mentality. Try to take a chillpill, and think positive. Until you think positively, you'll always keep hiding under your bed. And until you come out from under your bed, you can never make any progress.
Old June 3, 2007, 02:18 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
BCfan...can you tell me what it is about ashraful that is making you confident? is it his responsible batting? or proven leadership? or the fact that our team is still a pushover for major test teams?

I thought the one session he captained during the Test series was the most astute period of captaincy I've ever seen from a Bangladeshi skipper.

Other than that very minor flourish, you are right in saying that we have very little precedent to base our optimism on.

My own optimism is premised on the fact that he does have a strong reputation as a captain at domestic level, however far removed it may be from the international stage. Leadership might also bring the best out of his batting.

Tenuous as that may be, it's better than nothing and I find tentative optimism to be a far more agreeable state of mind than negativity.
Old June 3, 2007, 02:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

DS says Riyadh is being considered as off-spinning option in the team.
Old June 3, 2007, 02:41 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees

Tiger Roar : dude.. I guess i can request you a thingy in behalf of many BC members.
Stop calling us " your bangla brothers " i mean it sounds like we are brothers of bangla bhai.. lol
We arent "BANGLA" brothers.. we are bangladeshi brothers.
And as far as being optimistic about the new era..man WHY NOT? We have a new captain..a new vice captain..ofcourse we are into a new era..doesnt matter what how the results come towards us..but we are into a new era..try to understand the simple facts for god sake.. before you go on with your craps..that bangladesh needs 10 more years to be a good team..ashraful cant play ..he is useless.. bangladesh is no match INDIAN odi side..etc etc.. =)
Old June 3, 2007, 02:46 PM
Cricket Legend

a khilgaon boy, a real tiger,
dont be fooled by his physique,
he can break bowlers twice his size

about ash being captain, i am hoping we will see a new era. when mahela and ash will go out for toss, mahela will know this guy can match him stroke by stroke and even better. a talented and naturally agressive captain. not a smiling one, who has the defensive metality and selfishness written over him.

Last edited by BangladeshFan; June 3, 2007 at 02:47 PM.. Reason: compiling my poetry