facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 3, 2007, 09:38 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahmid
Well observing the the patriotism and language, I would imagine that most of the 80% who are from outside BD were born in BD..
And now you started to generalize the members and put up your own hypothesis about why majority of the BD fans do not agree with you?

Unfortunately for you... ALL OF THE BD TEAM PLAYERS are born in and grew up in BD. So even if, by your logic, the place of birth and growing up actually make a huge difference...still thats the way cricket is going to be played by the team. You better re-adjust your level of expectations pretty soon or you might find yourself too disheartened too soon and may even start giving up standing behind them.

Old June 3, 2007, 09:40 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehsan
Never quit. Quitting is a loser's mentality.
ditto

y give up man, if u r a true fan den just stay behind your teamand support them

Last edited by rah; June 3, 2007 at 09:42 AM.. Reason: cos i neva wrote sumfin in
Old June 3, 2007, 10:33 AM
Test Cricketer

I am sorry if it hurts u what I am about say about u. Like u, we all feel frustated when our team looses. BUt, next day we get up and start shouting again. The point is, we probably keep more insight knowledge about our cricketing future than u. I am sure, U dont have any knowledge what is going on in Crciekt in Bangladesh. The entire generation of players have been replaced and lots more exciting cricketers are just in line. Teams like Holland and others just dont have it. Its more than obvisous that it wont take long before BD will be a world beater. Just need time. If u feel frustated with 7-8 years of test experience, than, frankly speaking, U shoudl not really follow this game. This game isnt for u. Probably wiser, that U spend ur time on someting else. This is will do good not just for u but also for the team.

FOr me, I just can wait to see few more newer players in the team to completely flash out older faulty techincal players. Nadif chowdhury, Shahjada, Showrwardi Shuvo, Raqibul Hasan, so many players just in Queee......... Cant wait for them any longer.
Old June 3, 2007, 12:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejaj
I am sorry if it hurts u what I am about say about u. Like u, we all feel frustated when our team looses. BUt, next day we get up and start shouting again. The point is, we probably keep more insight knowledge about our cricketing future than u. I am sure, U dont have any knowledge what is going on in Crciekt in Bangladesh. The entire generation of players have been replaced and lots more exciting cricketers are just in line. Teams like Holland and others just dont have it. Its more than obvisous that it wont take long before BD will be a world beater. Just need time. If u feel frustated with 7-8 years of test experience, than, frankly speaking, U shoudl not really follow this game. This game isnt for u. Probably wiser, that U spend ur time on someting else. This is will do good not just for u but also for the team.

FOr me, I just can wait to see few more newer players in the team to completely flash out older faulty techincal players. Nadif chowdhury, Shahjada, Showrwardi Shuvo, Raqibul Hasan, so many players just in Queee......... Cant wait for them any longer.
Thanks for stating the truth...

Beside there will be some who would only to take the duder shor" without doing the hard work of "dud dowano" and stuff..
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old June 3, 2007, 03:54 PM
Club Cricketer

U wouldn't have these sort of views for Zimbabwe or any other emerging nation....When a batsman continues to flop, he is given a break from the game....similarly when a team is crushed every game they play, then the team should be demoted and must win back their place back. BD have no right to play tests with these sorts of oneday players in this BD team...please accept it.
Old June 3, 2007, 04:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
U wouldn't have these sort of views for Zimbabwe or any other emerging nation....When a batsman continues to flop, he is given a break from the game....similarly when a team is crushed every game they play, then the team should be demoted and must win back their place back. BD have no right to play tests with these sorts of oneday players in this BD team...please accept it.
I think ICC has better ideas about it. We need not worry.
Old June 3, 2007, 04:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
You've been met with reason upto now,but I tell you,there are members in this site who do not need reason to Blind-support BD and Crush anything that comes in the way.
So be warned, if you keep writing these,the floodgate might open.
Old June 3, 2007, 04:26 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafin
You've been met with reason upto now,but I tell you,there are members in this site who do not need reason to Blind-support BD and Crush anything that comes in the way.
So be warned, if you keep writing these,the floodgate might open.
Warning?? Please be civilized. The views and opinion are based on my observation, statistics and performance on BD over last four years.
Old June 3, 2007, 04:48 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shoaib THE MAN Akhtar

Lol thats us for you...we started with destruction, so it is even to taste failure, and come back better.
Old June 4, 2007, 09:14 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
when a team is crushed every game they play, then the team should be demoted and must win back their place back. BD have no right to play tests with these sorts of oneday players in this BD team...please accept it.
Now that, my friend, hardly sounds like a BD fan's comment.

Last edited by Ahmed_B; June 4, 2007 at 09:25 AM..
Old June 4, 2007, 09:56 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_B
Now that, my friend, hardly sounds like a BD fan's comment.
Ahmed, I have allways followed BD cricket and I and I like to think I am a true BD fan. Then there comes a time we need we have to take a step back and think what is really good for them. They have more chance of drawing and winning against A sides then top sides.
Old June 4, 2007, 10:11 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Ahmed, I have allways followed BD cricket and I and I like to think I am a true BD fan. Then there comes a time we need we have to take a step back and think what is really good for them. They have more chance of drawing and winning against A sides then top sides.
First of all if you had followed Bangladesh you would have known that before our 13 month break we started playing good test cricket. and during the break every one said that we might have to start from the beginning. and that's what is happening. instead of showing your support you want to put you tail in side your leg and run. Well we can't stop you but don't open such thread here and taunt us when we r in very much in pain too and expect sympathy. Beside what's the prof that you are Bangladeshi and tiger fan not an Indian who is worried of our quick improvement?

SO stop posting your comments and feelings here.

Last edited by Tintin; June 4, 2007 at 10:18 AM.. Reason: mod.edit: removed a couple of excessively aggressive comments
Old June 4, 2007, 10:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Don't feel bad this time when we tour SL. Just letting you know if you don't know playing in SL against SL is one of the toughest job. So lower your expectations and divert your attention when you will see the embarrasments approaching soon to us.
Old June 4, 2007, 10:22 AM
BC Editorial Team

Just a gentle suggestion, Fahmid. Why don't you look around the forum and contribute more to other threads too ?
Old June 4, 2007, 10:31 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
First of all if you had followed Bangladesh you would have known that before our 13 month break we started playing good test cricket. and during the break every one said that we might have to start from the beginning. and that's what is happening. instead of showing your support you want to put you tail in side your leg and run. Well we can't stop you but don't open such thread here and taunt us when we r in very much in pain too and expect sympathy. Beside what's the prof that you are Bangladeshi and tiger fan not an Indian who is worried of our quick improvement?

Taunting?? Very harsh man. Isn't this a open discussion forum where every one has right to voice there opinion? please read my previous replies....I feel like repeating my self every time I reply....
Old June 4, 2007, 10:35 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin
Just a gentle suggestion, Fahmid. Why don't you look around the forum and contribute more to other threads too ?
Tintin, your absolutly right. I will do that. I have actually added my comments to other threads and continue to enjoy this fantastic website. Many thanks
Old June 4, 2007, 10:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

Quote:
Taunting?? Very harsh man. Isn't this a open discussion forum where every one has right to voice there opinion? please read my previous replies....I feel like repeating my self every time I reply....
Maybe thats the problem... Come up with a better fixed reply and maybe some people will actually read what you have to say. You do want your voice to be heard, dont you? Weve all read these kinds of threads before, and it gets tiring to just say the same thing over again to newer people. Give us something new maybe, like why the rise of the Under 19s wont help, or why our improvement will ultimately lead to failure. Just a suggestion though, dont come up with stuff like this:
Quote:
Hi no, I dont live in dhaka hence this might be the reason why my open and logical views are wrong to u guies.
That'll only make it worse

Last edited by Farhad; June 4, 2007 at 10:41 AM..
Old June 4, 2007, 10:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
I have read every thing you have posted here. Please don't make assumptions. Like some others said u have nothing new to say but repeating your illogical view. cause according to your logic England should have stopped playing cricket way before we even started... (never won a WC, gets beaten by aussis all the time and now days by every body else too...)
Old June 4, 2007, 10:59 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD4eva
Maybe thats the problem... Come up with a better fixed reply and maybe some people will actually read what you have to say. You do want your voice to be heard, dont you? Weve all read these kinds of threads before, and it gets tiring to just say the same thing over again to newer people. Give us something new maybe, like why the rise of the Under 19s wont help, or why our improvement will ultimately lead to failure. Just a suggestion though, dont come up with stuff like this:

That'll only make it worse
I do apologise if I have offended any one in any ways by may be by using wrong examples...My opinion is completly based on BD test record...thats it, I hope just like your self, BD start to win in test's.
Old June 4, 2007, 12:52 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

toakabir77...
You have just subjected yourself to two clear warnings here:

Firstly.. for expressing your very personal dislikes against Indian fans in a crude manner:
Quote:
Beside what's the prof that you are Bangladeshi and tiger fan not an Indian who is worried of our quick improvement?
Secondly... you can't really ask a member to stop posting just because he is not optimistic:
Quote:
Please avoide offensive manners in further posts.
-Mod
Old June 4, 2007, 01:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
toakabir77...

Firstly.. for expressing your very personal dislikes against Indian fans in a crude manner:

Secondly... you can't really ask a member to stop posting just because he is not optimistic:

-Mod
opps sorry bad morning. thanks for straighten me up...
Let me clear one thing, i mentioned Indian because one or two indian fans have done this previously... but I agree as guilty here...

May be i need to open a thread saying sick of Fans who...
Old June 4, 2007, 07:00 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
toakabir77...

-Mod
Hi Ahmed, Many thanks for making a very valid point.