facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 7, 2004, 01:14 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza
Default Classifying Our Players

For no perticular reason, I tryed to classify our players in the team right now. This is kind of a old topic, at first bring up by Dr. Z. I just wanna see how much it changed since then. Here is my thoughts:

World Class (aka Semi-world Class): Rafique and Sumon can be put in to this group. They have the talent and record of being at the hightest level of cricket. They are not the best among the world but stays at the level of average.

Born Talents: I would put Asharaful, Alok and Masharafi in this group. They are the most talented players in the team, but not that much useful and most of the time they are not able to do justice to their name. And yeah, masri is not in the team right now.

Fighters: As for now, I can only put Rajin and Rana in this group. They don't have the gifted talent but will come more handi then other because they will not leave a penny hebind without fighting. This is my favorite group. It seems that faisal will put his name in this group soon, but until the WI tour is over, we can't say anything about it.

Handy Players: I will put pilot and mushfique in this slot. They have their own specality of keeping and bowling respectively, but also useful at batting. They will never do too much, but will never be uselss either. Always handi.

Future Hopes: There are a few that knocking the door of national team and may come handi in the future, but we can't predict yet about this bunch. Some of them already had some chances, but they are yet to prove themselves. Enamul jr, nafis, shahadat are few of them to name.

lefty spinners: even though rafique and rana had be grouped before, they can be put here again including rajjak raz. if this guy come out to be 'clean' in bowling action, we can be useful too.

so called bowlers: other than those discussed above, there are a bunch of bowlers. with all due respect, i called them so called bowlers because they do not have the ability to make a real difference. if we are to win continuously in int'l matches, we need something better than these guys.

[Edited on 7-5-2004 by AgentSmith]

Old May 7, 2004, 02:20 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

hannan = hopefully he'll turn out a fighter....
golla = definitely a fighter
tapash = another fighter
Old May 7, 2004, 03:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Agentsmith, I more or less agree with your assesments of our players in the categories that you have mentioned. I, however, firmly believe that pilot falls in the fighter category, rather than just being a handy player in the squad. He has stood tall many times when in trouble and that you know happens quite often. I can go back to the ICC championship days and more recently against England and the Zimbabwe test series. He is definitely a fighter..
Old May 7, 2004, 03:09 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

one more thing Agentsmith, don't see shujon in any of your categories/class?? he must be classless then! I am glad that you didn't put him in the fighter group, contrary to popular belief. one performance every five years shouldn't be claimed as one anyway..
Old May 7, 2004, 03:23 PM
Cricket Guru

most of them i don classify them a s
world class.
Bashar,Rajin, Ash all are ordinary
comparing to the other league
players...they are talented but not world
class...we don have any middle order
batsmen like other middle orders of
other countries..
The only hope is Rafique...only he is good
but still not like Murali
and our pace is really ordinary(except
Masri)..Tapash is doing good though
but he don have the quality or physique of
a good pacer
Old May 7, 2004, 03:23 PM
Cricket Legend

I agree with Beamer about Pilot. Definitely a fighter. The person that confuses me the most is Hannan. I wouldn't call him a fighter, not yet atleast, he does have natural talent but not like Ash or Kapali do, I suppose he is more than a handy player, so I guess someone will have to find another category for him.
Old May 8, 2004, 08:16 PM
ODI Cricketer

World Class: Rafique
Born Talents: Bashar, Ashraf, Mashrafee, Rajin, Hannan, Shahriar Hussain.
Fighters: Masud, Mahmud, Javed, Tapash, Rana.
Handy Players: Mushfiq
Future Hopes: Tareq, Nafis, Enam Jr., Razzak, Talha, Shahadat.
Leggies: Enam Jr., Razzak.
So called bowlers: Mahmud, Mushfiq, Kabir, Manzur-ul-Islam, Alok Kapali.
So called batsmen: Alok Kapali, Al Shahriar.
Old May 8, 2004, 08:28 PM
Cricket Legend

jaihok,
shobar classification kintu dekhlam. motamoti shobartai kintu thik bole ami mone kori. tobe bashar kintu amar mone hoi na born talent. dannabad
Old May 8, 2004, 08:42 PM
ODI Cricketer

you are probably right ridwan bhai... he is more of a fighter, a successful fighter.