facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 14, 2011, 12:58 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Manc
After one 50 Naeem Islam has 4 active threads. Ashraful is going to get jealous.
LOL! Nice catch

btw i'm gussing there will be at least 2/3 thread about Ash tomorrow...might be negative or even positive

Old October 24, 2011, 07:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

chokkha...who?
I'd say dheera naeem....
seriously if he would have batted a bit faster we would have scored higher and would have been in a better position.....ODI teo same kaj korsilo grrrr!!!
Old October 24, 2011, 08:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

Tar batting Test k draw korar jonno karjokor.
Old October 24, 2011, 08:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by deshimon
Tar batting Test k draw korar jonno karjokor.
shetai....issh Nasir ta jodi arektu thakto....aro taratari 350 korte partam....or maybe 350+ o hoye jeto
Old October 24, 2011, 08:38 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Did anyone catch any end of day interviews?

Did they confirm his batting was a part of team orders? Ignore runs, simply survive to lunch?
Old October 24, 2011, 10:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by deshimon
tar batting test k draw korar jonno karjokor.
england ar sathe mirpur 2nd test a we had 4-5 wickets in hand in the last day and we were playing for a draw. Then just before lunch,sakib and naeem was having a good partnership. Suddenly naeem gone down the wicket and tried to slog james tredwell and gave his wicket away. Sakib scored 90+ but could not save the test.later sakib said naeems wicket cost us the match. This guy just play for himself and i think we have seen it 3-4 times now
Old October 24, 2011, 10:32 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

good thing about Naeem is that he is scoring runs,
bad thing is he doesn't seem to respect the match situation.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old October 24, 2011, 10:41 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

The little chance we had of any sorts of result is ruin by this dude. Thank you Naeem, for JS-style cricket. Clearly goal was to get 350 safely, but still relatively quickly. WI bowlers weren't bowling anything extra sensational. He coulda easily scored runs quickly. Even take us past 350 before lunch!

I'd have made sure WI got to bat some overs before lunch. And at least at least 65+ overs by the end of the day, giving our bowlers the best chance of bowling them out at least once.
Old October 24, 2011, 11:32 AM
Cricket Sage

What chance we really had to day?

Naeem, who is not a regular in our national team, is trying his best to survive knowing that Nasir is far ahead of him and Ryiad, VC is an automatic choice.

What he is doing now, is making a case for #2 to #4 slot (Imrul, SN, Rakibul).

IF we had a chance at all, 1st day its experienced player like Tamim, Sakib and today experienced player like Rahim, SN screwed it (if anybody did at all). As senior players I have more expectation from them to play according to the team's need than young players whpo are trying their best to survive.
Old October 24, 2011, 11:42 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
What chance we really had to day?

Naeem, who is not a regular in our national team, is trying his best to survive knowing that Nasir is far ahead of him and Ryiad, VC is an automatic choice.

What he is doing now, is making a case for #2 to #4 slot (Imrul, SN, Rakibul).

IF we had a chance at all, 1st day its experienced player like Tamim, Sakib and today experienced player like Rahim, SN screwed it (if anybody did at all). As senior players I have more expectation from them to play according to the team's need than young players whpo are trying their best to survive.
I blamed them for their screw up at the end of day 1. No point in repeating myself. And if Naeem's game-plan was based on his personal interest and not the team and game situation, then I am sorry that shouldn't be used as an excuse. That's just a player being selfish. He could have scored a quick 50 and take his score past 70 (highest of the inn) and give us a good total AND keep his spot of the next test.

I am just picturing him doing this in ODI. 100 of 20 overs and he is batting like the way did...
Old October 24, 2011, 11:52 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
And if Naeem's game-plan was based on his personal interest and not the team and game situation, then I am sorry that shouldn't be used as an excuse. That's just a player being selfish. He could have scored a quick 50 and take his score past 70 (highest of the inn) and give us a good total AND keep his spot of the next test.

I am just picturing him doing this in ODI. 100 of 20 overs and he is batting like the way did...
I guess we have to agree to disagree for TEST. if it was ODI, then yes I agree with you.

It would be nice if Naem could have scored a quick 50 as it will fit the team's current need. However in my opinion, in TEST team, we have much more bigger problems and culprits than Naeem's slow RR . For example:

1. Tamim and Sakib threw away their wicket at the point where they were set and could create bigger threat to WI.
2. Traditionally in TEST our wickets falls in bunches, and players like rakibul and Naeem helps us prevent that problem.
3. Traditionally most of our experienced players play shots in TEST like T20. 'The 'staying power' is one stenth that some of our super stars are still lacking in TEST team.
4. In this particular game, Rahim had the platform, he was about to start scoring runs, his wicket pretty much removed the opportunity to tominate with the bat today. Where Naeem stayed in one end, wicket fell routinely at the other end.

I know Naeem was playing too slow. and I don;t disgree that he was playing more for his stat than the team's need. But tell you what, if I were Naeem, I would have done the same thing to make sure my TEST careeer is extended. To me its acceptable based on his sitation, but its less accpetable if he does the same even when his slot is assured.
Old October 24, 2011, 11:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

I find it very naive of us to believe that a result was possible after 2 days were washed out and even more preposterous that we are blamin Nayeem for it.

Perhaps it explains why we still suck at test cricket, we have plenty of flashy players, and despite them failing a zillion times people still follow them and 'hope' for a miracle, where players like Nayeem, Rakibul are the ones we need in our cricket right now, who value their wicket, seldom play rash shots and are willing to fight it out. I was very impressed by Nayeem' innings today, not many Bangladeshi batsmen have the patience to play such knock, well done Nayeem. Today some of us might call for your head, but when we need someone to save us a test match, I would be looking at you.
Old October 24, 2011, 11:58 AM
Cricket Savant

I think its a crime at this level if a player plays to ensure his place rather than doing what the situation demands.

Old October 24, 2011, 12:04 PM
Cricket Sage

I think in TEST its a crime when someone throw away their wickets like Tamim and Sakib did in this test.

I also think, with our current situation in our TEST team, its a blessing when we see someone like Naeem value his wicket that much and protect it.
Old October 24, 2011, 12:23 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Like I said, I am not letting Shak and Tamim off the hook. They did screw up. They threw their wickets away when they were set for a ton. I already talked about how if one of them had stayed there with Rahim, we'd have had 300+ runs at the end of day 1, easily. Naeem is guilty of playing negative/selfish cricket. Both party is guilty (I am blaming both, you guys are just blaming them). Clearly the plan was to score runs quickly and get 350 on the board. Naeem showed a class example of JS style cricket. Doing something completely ... "out of the box." And not in a good way.

"Slow players" aren't our saviors like how some of you make them out to be. They are just as bad as Aftabs, only on the opposite side of the scale. They dig holes by staying there. There is one thing to be slow. And whole another to play proper/safe cricket. I've no problems with players that play with SR below 100. Don't categorize me in that group(!) I enjoy watching players like Dravid, Amla, Trott, Clarke. But players like Imrul, Raqibul and Naeem (Pakistani captain) are not in that group. They just hog the crease with negativity.

Quote:
if it was ODI, then yes I agree with you.
May be it wasn't an ODI, but that is what the satiation called for. We need a quick 100 runs, we just played in whites with a red ball.
Old October 24, 2011, 12:28 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
I think its a crime at this level if a player plays to ensure his place rather than doing what the situation demands.

Quote:
I think in TEST its a crime when someone throw away their wickets like Tamim and Sakib did in this test.
They are both crime, but this is Naeem's thread. So we are talking about Naeem. One crime doesn't erase another.

Quote:
I also think, with our current situation in our TEST team, its a blessing when we see someone like Naeem value his wicket that much and protect it.
For the wrong reasons, at the wrong time.
Old October 24, 2011, 12:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

I didn't like his batting today. But I am sure he was told to hold one end once Mushy was gone. All the other players tried to score fast. It is clear that that was the game plan.
Old October 24, 2011, 12:39 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
They are both crime, but this is Naeem's thread. So we are talking about Naeem. One crime doesn't erase another.
Unlike you or Simon I don't see Naeem's slow batting was a crime. I see he is bringing strength that we are lacking in our TEST team.

I mentioned Tamim and Sakib's out only when it was mentioned that Naeem's slow batting is preventing us a win here. whcih I don't agree. I cannot talk in vaccum. If someone thinks Naeem is the cause why we will miss the opportunity to win, other reasons will come up. and that's what happened here.

After wasting two days in rain and after scoring 255 in 90 overs in 1st day, after dropping catches in 4th day, we made this game hard to win. . And that has nothing to do with Naeem.

If Naemm would try something like Tamim's out, he would be double goat of the week by the same fans who are not happy with his RR.
Old October 24, 2011, 12:45 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Banglali never satisfies!

Bhais, 10 bochor Test har te harte hartechi...3 din e game sesh hoy jay beshir bagh somoy....to be a gd team, first we have to learn how to draw a test and then we can go and win it. And to draw it, we need this type of innings from nayeem more often...doler sobai jodi SN moto khele tahole ki hoy bolen??

Well done nayeem!!! you did nothing wrong imho
Old October 24, 2011, 01:00 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
I see he is bringing strength that we are lacking in our TEST team.
You see it as strength, I see it as selfish, negative cricket in concept of day 4. He batted like this vs Eng, with Shafiul and Rubel. NEVER complained. But that's what we needed this morning.

Lets just forget about the fact that others have messed up too, and Naeem is NOT the (or only) reason why we wont have a chance to win. Just look at the situation and judge for yourself. I am not asking for 6x6s but could have batted more positively? Is he capable of batting more positively? Ans me this..
Old October 24, 2011, 01:14 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

I honestly dont see what there to praise the innings Naeem played. Just hardcore defense. This is something thats required if your team is 8-9 down in first day of a test cricket. His defense isnt flawless at all. I dont see how difficult it would be to simply defend every ball.

I am not saying he cost us the match, but clearly the plan was to declare and have a go and Naeem played a complete contrast innings to what he was supposed to.
Imagine if we see that West Indies is somehow 7 down in their second innings tomorrow.
The conclusion would be, "If we only had 6-7 extra overs, maybe...." Thanks Naeem
Old October 24, 2011, 01:32 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ Exactly. Thank You!
Old October 24, 2011, 01:36 PM
Cricket Savant

^this is what me and Dilscoop are trying to explain...
we didnt start the day thinking of a draw but giving ourselves every opportunity to win
to win this match we need to bowl out WI twice and while batting score quickly ,set up a defendable total and give enough overs to bowl out WI.
as u said,if tomorrow WI are 7 or 8 down needing 60-70 runs with 5 overs to survive we know where we lost it.

Old October 24, 2011, 01:42 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Unlike you or Simon I don't see Naeem's slow batting was a crime. I see he is bringing strength that we are lacking in our TEST team.

I mentioned Tamim and Sakib's out only when it was mentioned that Naeem's slow batting is preventing us a win here. whcih I don't agree. I cannot talk in vaccum. If someone thinks Naeem is the cause why we will miss the opportunity to win, other reasons will come up. and that's what happened here.

After wasting two days in rain and after scoring 255 in 90 overs in 1st day, after dropping catches in 4th day, we made this game hard to win. . And that has nothing to do with Naeem.

If Naemm would try something like Tamim's out, he would be double goat of the week by the same fans who are not happy with his RR.
Tamim batted slow on the "first" day. I dont think he could have predicted that there will be no game for the next 2 days. Could you? Even then, Shakib or Tamim couldnt have risked their wickets. They did not have 250 runs and a secure "no loss" game when they were batting. Naeem did.
and why are we comparing them? Tamim and Shakib had a much higher scoring rate than Naeem. Even if Naeem scored with a SR in high 40s, we could have declared a lot sooner!
Old October 24, 2011, 02:02 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I don't think Fazal was saying Tamim and Shak batted slowly. He is saying that Tamim and Shak threw their wickets away. And I agreed with that. But he is saying that's where we lost the game. And Naeem didn't do anything wrong...