facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 11, 2006, 04:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Question Can i feel good?

I was on vacation trip to India and occassionally did peek at what was happening in BD cricket.

There are so many things i would've wanted to happen in this Test.

Like, i wanted BD to reach 500 mark after that superb initial foundation.

Then, when Australia were reduced to 90-odd for six, i wanted BD bolwers to restrict them to around 125. Damn, i hate it so much that likes of Lee and Gillespie hung around for so long. I wanted Mashrafee to hurl some yorkers followed by short-pitched deliveries at them.

But in no circumstances did i want them to cross 150. Sigh!

I didn't want Gilly to cross 50. He did. I definitely didn't want him to score a 100 - he was in such a wretched form till-date. I didn't want him to regain his form. He did both. Damn again!

And i absolutely absolutely didn't want them to be able to avoid the follow-on. I don't know - it all kept happening like a jinx - one after another.

And then BD losing 5-wickets in the second inning.

Here is the deal guys. 2-days of play left - play out atleast 1 complete session and add atleast 100 more runs. All those talks of defending less than 350 and all - i am not too sure about that. If Aussies get a sniff, they'll run-away with the game if only to fade the humiliation heaped on them in their home country. This is the time for the jugular.

BD boys, are you listening?

Old April 11, 2006, 04:28 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Yes.Too much time left. If we bundle by lunch they will attempt to run away with it. The order of the day is to stonewall their bowlers for a good hour or so without losing any wkts. If we can bat till end of lunch, we will be treading into safe territory. If we are all out by lunch, they will have five sessions to get 300 odd and they will get it. Time is the factor here. Just lost two wkts too many. Rajin is still there with KM. Big factor..
Old April 11, 2006, 04:30 PM
Street Cricketer

Why so negatvie? Trust me, on this pitch, Australia won't even reach 282.
Old April 11, 2006, 04:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

How do you know that they won't reach 282? Not being negative here. Just being pragmatic considering how much time is left in this match. If this was a end of fourth day score, I won't be hesitating. We have two more days left. So, have to take into consideration the time factor.
Old April 11, 2006, 05:08 PM

DJ you have echoed my feelings very closely. It is very frustrating to see these slip ups. I will however admit, that what we have seen has been the best performance by BD by far (except session after tea, day 3). But since we are so used to following top class test matches between Aus, SA, Ind and Pak that its so easy to pick our mistakes in relation and become disappointed. Bashar's captaincy really frustrates me, and has been doing so since the tour in England. His attitude and body language always hides into its defensive shell, after so many good breaks. Its just unfortunate that we really have no alternative to replacing him at the moment. His learning curve as a captain isnt going up much anymore.