facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 19, 2003, 04:47 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default Canada all out for 36 vs SL

Just goes to show how weak OUR bowling and fielding is in general.

Old February 19, 2003, 05:01 AM
ODI Cricketer

SL 28/1 after 4 overs.

Yes, we have found a better team than us in Canada but dont be surprised if we snatch the record of the lowest score in an ODI from them like fwullah has posted earlier. It swung as-

45 Can v Eng 1979.
43 Pak v WI 1989.
38 Zim v SL 2001.
36 Can v SL 2003.

Canada has set this record twice.
Old February 19, 2003, 05:03 AM
ODI Cricketer

Default SL wins by 9 wickets

No Canadian could reach double figures even.

Vaas did damage again taking 3/15.

Score:

CAN 36 (18.4)
SL 37/1 (4.4)
Old February 19, 2003, 06:06 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default TALKING ABOUT LOGIC

We produced a lot better performance than Canada against Sri Lanka.

This proves that we are a better team than Canada.

THIK KI NA ?
Old February 19, 2003, 07:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Of course we are a better team than Canada

They just had a really bad day at the office in the first match against Canada. Bangladesh have got some mental block, which is hindering them from playing sensibly. All our players are highly talented, but they just don't apply themselves properly. For example, look at how the openers continue to edge every goddamn ball when that has been there downfall since day 1. They didn't even learn after they got extra lives when the Windies dropped 3 catches. If the players would just settle down and play sensible cricket, nobody would even be asking whether we're better than Canada or not.
Old February 19, 2003, 10:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Exactly

The question of whether we are better than Canada or not should not even arise. We are far better than Canada. Our cricketers play senseless cricket. All of us on this board have more cricketing sense than them, as a matter of fact, most people in BD have more cricketing sense than them. However, the few that God endowed with talent he decided to make retards! God can be cruel like that sometimes.
Old February 19, 2003, 12:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful
Default LOL

"God can be cruel like that sometimes."

Achcha .... I think Sham recently cheka khaise. Misa bollam naki?

Anyways, Canada's bad performace e dukkho paisi ami.... The next games that bd play, they should play as if their life is at stake.... we gonna call it "BAGAAN" - for Bagher (G) Jaan .... It is part two of "Lagaan". If they lose all games .... Zia international airport e bloood dekha jaabe (don't get too excited folks - has nothing to do with Zia ) I am sorry guys for all these nonsense - I need to get some sleep ... But school
Old February 19, 2003, 05:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Lagaan II - Hahahaha. Good one. The thing is, they really ought to play like their lives are at stake, because they ARE!! At this rate, these guys are going to get lynched by the mob when they go back home! Haven't you guys read in the papers about the six guys that got their eyes taken out a few days ago in BD? Well, unless these guys want to take part in the Blind World Cup, they better raise their standard.

Btw Orpheus, didn't get dumped recently. Been a while. Hehe. But I did watch Amadeus recently. If you guys haven't seen it, you all should. Its a classic, and you'll understand the reference to God being cruel.
Old February 19, 2003, 08:38 PM
ODI Cricketer

Sham, We really don't need a movie to see that God can be cruel sometimes ... our BD team reminds us of that every match!

Old February 20, 2003, 04:24 AM
ODI Cricketer

i was talking of good teams by the opposite side. Canada is better than BD actually means Canada is worse than BD here but better in breaking world records.
Old February 20, 2003, 08:43 AM
ODI Cricketer

I am getting sadistic pleasure in Canada's disaster. Since we cannot perform properly, we can only hope that other teams do badly as well.
Old February 20, 2003, 11:43 AM
Street Cricketer

And BD lost to Canada. (Sigh)
Old February 20, 2003, 02:17 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default Aus vs Holland

I was first surprised to see the 75 run margin. A closer look revealed the turth. Anyways, another big surprise was to see holland taking two Australian wickets. They had the Aussie at 123/2 off 28 overs at one stage. not too bad.

Bigger surprise was to see that Holland reached 122 but with McGrath and Gillispie bowling 6 overs only, that cleared out. Australia has a big problem with their bowling with only 30 overs of world class bowling and the rest are pretty much patched together. So, they were letting their extras bowl the rest of the overs.

Anyways, this is noe of those useless posts.
Old February 21, 2003, 06:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Minnows

The minnows are catching up on the fielding side of the game, but batting remains pathetic across the board. Rarely do any batsmen from the weaker teams hit double-digit scores, which is a damn shame.

In this World Cup, the minnow sides have proven that top-class teams can be effectively restricted to totals of 200-250. These are gettable totals. Unfortunately, bar one or two batsmen who have the necessary temperament, all others capitulate without a fight.

What happened? How come we're closing the gap on the fielding and bowling side, but there have been no significant improvments in batting? I remember commentators explaining how the strength of the minnows lies in their batting prior to the 96 and 99 World Cups. If that's the case, what the hell happened?
Old February 21, 2003, 09:04 AM
ODI Cricketer

I havent seen any good batsmen outside S.Tikolo, M.Odumbe and JB Burger coming good for minnows. But I feel only Kenya and Namibia have good batsmen. The Dutch I suppose aren't suited for ODI cricket at all and Canadians - they seem to have a tradition of setting low totals.

I believe BD has got good batsmen like Kapali and Ashraful who have the capability to score ODI centuries.
Old February 21, 2003, 09:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater
Default Who he f**k is Habibbul_fan

IS this the same prankstar as Golla_fan?
Old February 21, 2003, 10:13 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default Satisfaction

H-Fan ... why would you give someone the satisfaction by using the f... word ? It's useless. Stay as far away from it as possible.