facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old December 27, 2007, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
hi kalpurush bhai, thanks for opening the thread, nice job. wish u put different ashraful pic. he doesnt look good here. i am sure he has some nice pic. please dont mind for the suggestion, its just my opinion, nothing else.
wiseshah...it's done!...smile pls.

Old December 27, 2007, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafis_BD
Thanks a lot KP bhaiya for the match thread. Inshallah we will win this time and hopefully our players play sensibly!!
I wish and hope so too!Much thanks.
Old December 27, 2007, 01:47 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Quote:
আমিই আমার মালিক কখনো...আমিই আমার নই
মানে কি??
Old December 27, 2007, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion
i am kind of confused....last game was played on the 26th according to cricinfo but it was 25th in U.S...so is the next game on 27th here or 28th?
28th in NZ & BD
27th in US & CA
Old December 27, 2007, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
মানে কি??
I am nobody!
Old December 27, 2007, 02:07 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
I am nobody!
বলেন কি
Old December 27, 2007, 02:32 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Dual personality. The nicks "nobody" and "kalpurush" belong to the same person, or so he claims.
Old December 27, 2007, 04:24 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Hope to see some sensible batting at the middle. Hope we chase tomorrow !!

Cheers !!
Old December 27, 2007, 04:42 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

2nd ODI: Tushar replaces Mehrab
TigerCricket.com Report
27-December-2007

NAPIER: Bangladesh have made one change in their line-up for tomorrow’s second ODI against New Zealand at McLeans Park. Middle-order batsman Tushar Imran, who has recovered from a shoulder injury, comes in for Mehrab Hossain (Jr.).

The Tigers took the one-hour flight from Auckland to this scenic tourist attraction by the South Pacific today (Thursday) morning. After checking into their hotel, which is a stone-throw away from the beach, the Bangladesh team headed for McLeans Park for a light hour and a half’s training session which was followed by swimming.

Although the first ODI ended in a disappointing 6-wicket loss for the tourists Mohammad Ashraful's dashing innings of 70 from 57 balls at Eden Park has impressed many here including New Zealand captain Daniel Vettori.

"I thought he was pretty outstanding," Vettori told The New Zealand Herald.

"It reminded us of some of the world class players going round at the moment with his ability to hit good balls for four or six consistently. He's got an amazing eye and he's going to be a threat to us consistently through this series."

The match starts at 11:00am local time (4:00am Bangladesh Standard Time).

Teams

Bangladesh: Mohammad Ashraful (Captain), Zunaed Siddique, Tamim Iqbal, Aftab Ahmed, Shakib Al Hasan, Tushar Imran, Farhad Reza, Mushfiqur Rahim (Wicketkeeper), Mashrafe Bin Mortaza, Abdur Razzak, Shahadat Hossain. 12th man – Javed Omer Belim

New Zealand (From): Daniel Vettori (Captain), Brendon McCullum (Wicketkeeper), Jamie How, Peter Fulton, Scott Styris , Ross Taylor, Mathew Sinclair, Jacob Oram, Kyle Mills, Mark Gillespie, Chris Martin, Jeetan Patel
Old December 27, 2007, 04:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Man, am i happy to see Tusher in the fold. We have heard so much about this guy, love him, hate him, support him, debate him but I doubt many of us actually have seen him play his wonderful strokes against a formidable side. After successfully captaining the A team and rightfully given another chance to prove his mettle,,, personally, I would love to discover Tusher as a dependable middle order who can serve the team for that ever eluding number 6. All the best to him. If we are to win a match,,, we need another performer besides the Ashraful/Mashrafee/Tamim/Aftab,, lets see how Tusher grabs this opportunity
Old December 27, 2007, 04:55 AM

New Zealand v Bangladesh, 2nd ODI, Napier
New Zealand look to press on
Cricinfo staff
December 27, 2007

Bangladesh will have to focus on staying at the crease, feels coach Jamie Siddons © Getty Images

Following their comprehensive six-wicket rout in the first ODI at Eden Park, New Zealand would be looking to wrap up the three-match series tomorrow at McLean Park. New Zealand's batting revival, led by Jamie How, after disappointing performances against South Africa and Australia, brought relief to Daniel Vettori as he hoped the momentum would continue, with bigger challenges up ahead.
Mohammad Ashraful and Tamim Iqbal took the New Zealand attack apart with a 97-run stand and paved the way for a competitive score. However, New Zealand clawed back into the match after the tourists, placed comfortably at 150 for 3, lost their last seven wickets for only 51 runs. Bangladesh lost the plot and their bowlers could do little to turn the match into a contest. The target of 202 was overhauled with nearly seven overs to spare, thanks to a 90-run opening stand between How and Brendon McCullum.

"We've got to be tough on ourselves because we know that we have to put in good performances here so they lead into the England series," Vettori said. "There's always a few slip-ups but to come back from having a team 140-2 and to bowl them out for 200 [sic] is the most important bit."

Ashraful was impressive in his 57-ball 70 and Vettori admitted he had anxious moments when watching Ashraful blitz away and his side would have to be on their toes for the rest of the series while he's at the crease.

"I thought he was pretty outstanding," Vettori said. "It sort of reminded us of of some of the world class players going round at the moment in his ability to hit good balls for fours and sixes consistently. He's obviously got an amazing eye and is going to be a major threat to us the whole series."

Bangladesh coach Jamie Siddons admitted that the batsmen got their strategy wrong and didn't focus on staying at the crease for 50 overs.

"The batsman that were in were probably looking at a 280 target rather than making sure we got 250," Siddons said. "The captain has a bit to answer for there. We've got to make sure we get 250 and bat our 50 overs.

"Ashraful and Tamim seemed to make it look pretty easy but the two guys threw it away. If you get those sorts of starts you can't afford to fall away that badly. We broke a few team rules, so we'll talk about that and hopefully make sure it doesn't happen again."

Bangladesh left out experienced opener Javed Omar for the first match and it remains to be seen if they would beef up their batting ahead of this must-win encounter.

Teams (likely)
New Zealand: Jamie How, Brendon McCullum, Peter Fulton, Ross Taylor, Scott Styris, Mathew Sinclair, Jacob Oram, Daniel Vettori, Kyle Mills, Mark Gillespie, Chris Martin

Bangladesh: Tamim Iqbal, Junaid Siddique, Mohammad Ashraful, Aftab Ahmed, Javed Omar, Shakib Al Hasan, Farhad Reza, Mehrab Hossain Jnr, Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), Sajidul Islam, Shahadat Hossain, Mashrafe Mortaza

© Cricinfo

Link
Old December 27, 2007, 05:03 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
Bangladesh: Tamim Iqbal, Junaid Siddique, Mohammad Ashraful, Aftab Ahmed, Javed Omar, Shakib Al Hasan, Farhad Reza, Mehrab Hossain Jnr, Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), Sajidul Islam, Shahadat Hossain, Mashrafe Mortaza
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
Bangladesh: Mohammad Ashraful (Captain), Zunaed Siddique, Tamim Iqbal, Aftab Ahmed, Shakib Al Hasan, Tushar Imran, Farhad Reza, Mushfiqur Rahim (Wicketkeeper), Mashrafe Bin Mortaza, Abdur Razzak, Shahadat Hossain. 12th man – Javed Omer Belim
so which is the correct team?
Old December 27, 2007, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
so which is the correct team?
The one that posted by Tonoy from Tigercricket, Crickinfo one says "Teams (likely)".
Old December 27, 2007, 05:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
The one that posted by Tonoy from Tigercricket, Crickinfo one says "Teams (likely)".
cheers.
Old December 27, 2007, 06:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro1249
We could have easily won yesterday so I'm not very depressed. I was very impressed with Tamim yesterday. He played well. We know we can compete with these guys now so we need to put it all together and win! I think the key to us winning tommorow is Aftab. He needs to play sensisble and atleast give us a score in the 30's. We need Ashraful to keep on playing well. The thing I was pleased with the most was that us fans thought that a score of 201 was an utter failure. That shows how far Bangladesh cricket has come. A score of 201 is now a failure against a good team in their own country. A couple of years ago, many of us would be pleased with 201. Now we expect 250! That is a good attitude to have and it shows that we are developing into a real cricket nation that expects to win whenever we step onto the field.
Yep.

Ian
Old December 27, 2007, 06:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodlum
i am very doubtful...usually tamim doesn play well in the consecutive matches...ash is still very unpredictable...

Eaxactly! But if one believes in fairy tales, then this can happen gain. Aftab and Tushar should contribute at least 60 runs and if the boys guard their wickets and rotate strike, then 250 is achievable.
Their bowling is also a problem. Mash cannot get it right and it does not seem that they are playing Sajid.
Hope Ash wins the toss and put in NZ to bat.
Old December 27, 2007, 06:50 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

tamim has impressed and on his day he is the best we have after ash
Old December 27, 2007, 06:50 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Napoleon Einstein

i don't think 250 is enough on this pitch
Old December 27, 2007, 08:03 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mushi, Mash

Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim.
May Allah bless Bangladesh with a massive win against New Zeland taday.
Old December 27, 2007, 08:08 AM
ODI Cricketer

No high hopes for me. Aftar their last dismaying performance I am expecting a good fight. Anything more will cheer me up and make my day. Expecting too much of them results to depression.
Old December 27, 2007, 08:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

begginre Bismillah koway shuru kor khela.erpor Allahuakbar koiya haatagore korbani de.
MARIALA,KADIALA,JOOOOOOOOOOYYYY BAANGLAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old December 27, 2007, 08:11 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

I have only one expectaion. A century from my favorite Ashraful. Or atleast a 50+ score. Allah er Rahmote he will make it.
Old December 27, 2007, 08:42 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

sorry an off topic, but still want to express here, i have found Suhrawadi Shuvo is very much consistant in the middle order in under 19 team, which is one of the biggest lack in our current team....i have watching him last few series and he himself won few matches against Pak and SL. even he did play another good innings today, though he threw away his wicket aftr being a set batsman just like ash and tamy..... but i thnk he wil be one of our biggest middle order asset after 3-4 yrs.....

anyway good luck tigers......im not hoping anything for tomo as the coach have asked us to take the reality......
Old December 27, 2007, 08:48 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees

I think (inshallah) Ashraful will do good today aswell... so what im looking for is a good score..(fast paced) from Aftab.. and a decent 50 from the openers in 11/12 Overs.. If the openers play decent..and Aftab/Ashraful clicks.. trust me.. Sakib,Farhad,Mushy,Mehrab..they are all gonna do just fine!
Old December 27, 2007, 09:35 AM
Test Cricketer

Expecting a win. Insha'Allah!