facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old April 9, 2015, 09:09 AM
Test Cricketer

Default Football: Bhutan leap 46 places in FIFA rankings

REUTERS: Bhutan jumped 46 places from the foot of the FIFA rankings to 163rd on Thursday after recording their first ever World Cup qualifying victories.

The Himalayan nation beat Sri Lanka 1-0 in Colombo and 2-1 in Thimphu last month to advance to the second round of Asian qualifying and, after reaching their highest ranking, will be among the fourth seeds for Tuesday's draw.

Anguilla replaced Bhutan as FIFA's 209th and lowest ranked international side after losing 8-0 on aggregate to Nicaragua in the first round of CONCACAF World Cup qualifying last month.

Read more:
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...6/1774388.html

Bangladesh is at 167 behind Afghanistan (135), Maldives (141), India (147) and Bhutan (163).

Old April 9, 2015, 11:46 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Maldives topkailo kono protibaad kori nai. Bhutan? Bhutan????

Salauddin, tomar din shesh mama!!! All promises are emply promises. Will climb up the rankings. Will be #1 in South Asia. Bull crap!! Geli? na dakum?

Jutar bari khawa uchit. Foreigner coach, BKSP pipeline, foreign players --- ar din din obonoti.
Old April 9, 2015, 03:15 PM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Maldives topkailo kono protibaad kori nai. Bhutan? Bhutan????

Salauddin, tomar din shesh mama!!! All promises are emply promises. Will climb up the rankings. Will be #1 in South Asia. Bull crap!! Geli? na dakum?

Jutar bari khawa uchit. Foreigner coach, BKSP pipeline, foreign players --- ar din din obonoti.
You do understand they are only ahead of us because they are playing more matches than us for going through different rounds of qualifying stages to play in the actual qualifier which we are gonna play directly (for the first time in our football history). They will be back where they belong in no time. As far as i remember only us and maldives from this area will play directly play there.
Old April 9, 2015, 03:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Fifa ranking is bull crap. Always has been.

For example Afghanistan is ranked ahead of Luxembourg!!!

If these two sides play then Luxembourg will put a minimum of 7 goals past them!
Old April 9, 2015, 04:42 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnaf
You do understand ....
I don't need to understand. Why should I? How many years he is at the helm? What was the promise made when he took office? What youth program does he have? How has he united other metros to Dhaka? What infra structure did he create so that when he leaves we would still get boys with higher quality?
+++
As for FIFA ranking bull crap... we are talking about Bhutan here. Resources #facepalm.
+++
I am from the time when Thailand NATIONAL team lost to us 4-0. Now, their 2nd division club team will kick our rear. I am from the time when Abahani beat Maldives best club team 9-0 or was it 10-0? Their national team was full of that club team players. Now you tell me if I have a reason to fume at Salauddin?
Old April 10, 2015, 12:55 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:
I don't need to understand. Why should I? How many years he is at the helm? What was the promise made when he took office? What youth program does he have? How has he united other metros to Dhaka? What infra structure did he create so that when he leaves we would still get boys with higher quality?
+++
As for FIFA ranking bull crap... we are talking about Bhutan here. Resources #facepalm.
+++
I am from the time when Thailand NATIONAL team lost to us 4-0. Now, their 2nd division club team will kick our rear. I am from the time when Abahani beat Maldives best club team 9-0 or was it 10-0? Their national team was full of that club team players. Now you tell me if I have a reason to fume at Salauddin?
Bhai, salahuddin ekai shob korbe? You are talking about what 80's here?

Thing were far more worse before salahuddin took charge.

Players even had to go to strike to force our football federation to organize football league.

We don't even have enough resource to pay our coach regularly and you expect him fulfill all the promises he made? How? Few days ago, they had to sell lottery ticket to earn some money.

Leagues are being held regularly, we are playing international matches regularly. If our player cant perform that's his fault too?

Youth program? Yeah. He already started it in Sylhet.

Bhutan was what? Last team of the ranking. They just jumped 46 places by just winning 1 match in a 3rd Stage of qualifying round? They will jump back to the same place when they loose the next match.

This ranking doesn't mean anything. We were ahead of them when it mattered.

Quote:
According to the new regulations, the first 34 ranked teams of the current 46 members of Asian Football Confederation will play in the FIFA World Cup 2018 Qualifiers directly.
http://www.dhakatribune.com/banglade....hEXzwesu.dpuf
With the limited resources, salahuddin doing the best he can. As he always say now its up to the footballers to perform in international matches so that BAFUFE can get lot more lucrative offers from sponsors .
Old April 11, 2015, 01:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
+++
+++
This has more to do with National interest shifting towards cricket than football. I remember in 1998, there is a documentary in BTV titled "coffeenbondhi football"(Football inside a coffin), now this was 17 years ago. Imagine the state of football in Bangladesh now. Bangladeshi youth in general prefer cricket than football, although some like Shakib-al Hasan prefer both.
Old April 12, 2015, 01:04 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Mushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shehwar
Fifa ranking is bull crap. Always has been.

For example Afghanistan is ranked ahead of Luxembourg!!!

If these two sides play then Luxembourg will put a minimum of 7 goals past them!
Agreed, New Zealand are ranked below Maldives and Afghanistan, but if they played head to head, New Zealand would win both games easily even if they played their U19 team.
Old April 15, 2015, 05:42 AM
Test Cricketer

Default Socceroos to play Bangladesh in World Cup qualifier at Perth

News headline shune to ektu obak hoisilam, vablam ei na matro world cup gelo abar kiser Bangladesh-Australia match? Pore bujhlam Football. Allah e jane kopale koita jute.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/...h1ff8vexzkzbzc