facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 31, 2010, 10:37 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib, SN, Tamim
Default Our players are unprepared for T20 WC

I am 75% sure that BD wont qualify to the next round in T20 WC, if we look at our performance in domestic and international matches, the main players are not making a mark in the format.

In PCL, few pakistani players have dominated the whole tournament and our players not being able to do much. Among the previous matches, the MOM award was won mainly by Pakistanis. If this is reality, then there is no saying that our players are of much use in this format. No wonder we lose consistently in this format.

Our team is absolutely unprepared for the T20 WC, nothing much can be done to get our team prepared. On the other hand, the selectors are makig situations worse by still keeping Rubel who does not even know how to bowl in the slog overs, Kayes who as never scored more than 33 in test and does not even know how to slog. On the other hand, they left out key players like Alok, the pending Foysal Hossain Dickens and Zunaid.

I doubt that our team has any hope of doing much in T20. Even more, our country do not host T20 internationals.

Our only hope is to beg for mercy

Old March 31, 2010, 10:45 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Ekay tho loadshedding tarpor ekhon Gas shorboraho hocchey na. Koi jabey desh'er apamoi jonogon? Koi din por jinish'er dam jei poriman'a barbey...
Old March 31, 2010, 10:57 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful♥Raqibul foreve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Ekay tho loadshedding tarpor ekhon Gas shorboraho hocchey na. Koi jabey desh'er apamoi jonogon? Koi din por jinish'er dam jei poriman'a barbey...
Sorry bhai ki bollen kichu bujhi nai.
Old March 31, 2010, 11:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK420
I am 75% sure that BD wont qualify to the next round in T20 WC, if we look at our performance in domestic and international matches, the main players are not making a mark in the format.

In PCL, few pakistani players have dominated the whole tournament and our players not being able to do much. Among the previous matches, the MOM award was won mainly by Pakistanis. If this is reality, then there is no saying that our players are of much use in this format. No wonder we lose consistently in this format.

Our team is absolutely unprepared for the T20 WC, nothing much can be done to get our team prepared. On the other hand, the selectors are makig situations worse by still keeping Rubel who does not even know how to bowl in the slog overs, Kayes who as never scored more than 33 in test and does not even know how to slog. On the other hand, they left out key players like Alok, the pending Foysal Hossain Dickens and Zunaid.

I doubt that our team has any hope of doing much in T20. Even more, our country do not host T20 internationals.

Our only hope is to beg for mercy

Really its pathetic our team suck in T20.I think main cause is we dont play that much T20.But i hope that this PCL and NCL will help our player to develope.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old March 31, 2010, 11:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Based on recent posts and threads, can it be that T20 as a format is starting to gain some respect among BCers now?

I remember a time when there was a battlecry to have BD not play T20 and not worry about the format whatsoever.
Old March 31, 2010, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

We're always behind the rest of the world. We were late in setting up a first class league at home, the aggression in ODI batting is coming late (we're currently where teams used to be a couple of years ago) and God knows how long it will take us to start taking T20s seriously.
Old March 31, 2010, 11:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynman
Based on recent posts and threads, can it be that T20 as a format is starting to gain some respect among BCers now?

I remember a time when there was a battlecry to have BD not play T20 and not worry about the format whatsoever.
I really hope people do respect this format..i was always a T20 fan and i know raynman bhai that you were as well..T20 is now a big part of cricket and it really is affecting ODIs and tests in a very good way.. i feel like I like T20's the best because its not 2 long or short and also I love to see players just playing with the 4th gear..this game should really fit us well because of our big hitting and if we want 2 make an impact on international cricket, i believe this is the format..we have some very powerful, explosive batsmen that can light up most attacks..the thing people misunderstand with is that T20's does require skill and though process..you cant just expect 2 throw the kitchen sink at every delivery and expect 2 do well..you need 2 settle yourself on the crease and taking singles in the beginning is much better then blindly slogging at deliveries which our batsmen do..hopefully with more experience theyll learn..i mean look at kallis, the guy is known to be a rock but still is a very good T20 batsman..its because he uses a very good thought process and uses a plan before he comes out..our batsmen need 2 start using a plan rather then coming out all disorganized..
Old March 31, 2010, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynman

I don't think so. I think both parties have grown tired of the debates and accepted where the other stands.
Old March 31, 2010, 03:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Can we send them to Army camp again?
Old March 31, 2010, 03:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

BD has no plan when they play T20, their coach is not a big believer of T20, so he will not bother anyhow, they try to hit every ball for a six instead of rotating the strike and hit the bad balls.
Good players try to find gaps in the field, but I think these boys become frustrated if they dont get runs ater 3 balls, so they hit out and get caught.
Most teams pace their innings, 75 to 80 runs after 10 overs and only losing 4 wickets.
Old March 31, 2010, 05:04 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: $hakib Al Ha$an

all the national team players just played test matches and the rest of them played FC matches, so give a little time to adapt, its not like we have players at the same level as Australia, when we do, you can expect them to adapt to any situation right away... I'm actually surprised at the expectation people put on this BD team,.. the fans need to know the game first,, than complain about everything...
Old March 31, 2010, 05:15 PM
Cricket Legend

I'd say 99% chance says that BD wouldn't go on the 2nd Rround. I'd like to see them play hard - that's it. They are far behind than others - I don't expect them to progress beyond 1st Round.
Old March 31, 2010, 08:08 PM
Club Cricketer

May be we should send our riot police. They are good with stick and have year long practice!!!
Old March 31, 2010, 08:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

I still see no game plan when they bat at 20/20. Twenty twenty is not all about slogging. It is about scoring some quick runs in the beginning and then keep the wickets in hand while taking 6-7 runs per over and then go for the big shots at the last few overs. Our players are not completely familiar with such concept. We are also lacking some hard hitters.
Old March 31, 2010, 08:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

My view may not be shared by many but I must say I'm pretty optimistic about our team's chances. Two things give me hope. First, we've made some progress in almost every match since that nightmarish 10 wicket thumping by NZ. I thought that's when we really hit rock bottom and the only direction we could go from there was North. Second, I liked the fighting spirit displayed by our team in the recent past--albeit in patches, the length of the patches seemed to grow every time. I liked how we fought in the 1st test against Eng from a totally hopeless situation and took it into the fifth day. Second test was even better. We were the better team for the most part of five days and if not for the shamelessly biased umpiring there's no way we lose that match. For prolonged periods our boys showed tremendous grit, patience and perseverance which is no small achievement by our standards. I know we're talking different formats here but I dunno folks-- if we're fortunate enough to chase in both matches I won't be too shocked if we sneak in an upset win.
Old March 31, 2010, 08:38 PM
Club Cricketer

I think our strength interestingly is unpredictability. Like Pakistan at present. If all guns fires up, that would be the end of the opponent.
Old March 31, 2010, 08:55 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

T20Is present UNIQUE challenges that can only be met by playing and learning to play T20s. The shortest format of cricket is not just a "shorter and faster" version of ODIs just as ODIs are not just a "faster and shorter" version of test cricket. Sadly we have selectors and other matobbors who just don't see that.

Having said that, things are bound to change for the better over time. How much time or how many heartbreaks later, I can't say.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old March 31, 2010, 09:33 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
I still see no game plan when they bat at 20/20. Twenty twenty is not all about slogging. It is about scoring some quick runs in the beginning and then keep the wickets in hand while taking 6-7 runs per over and then go for the big shots at the last few overs. Our players are not completely familiar with such concept. We are also lacking some hard hitters.
exactly! our players don't realise that just because its 20-20 does not mean singles aren't valuable, collect one per ball and you have 6 RR, with wickets in hand you can accelerate that easily to 9 or 10 RR in the latter half of your innings.
Old March 31, 2010, 09:49 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

is there ant team in the world who are consistent in t20... no.

actually the game is so short and fast.... that it is not enough for a player to show consistency.

openers will bat regularly but a middle order batsmen who will sometimes never get a bat or sometimes may bat for 5-6 overs or sometimes will have to bat 13-14 overs. this is not good for a batsman to develop some kind of form.

also a bowler with only 4 overs to bowl has very little to show. there are lots of bowlers who like to bowl a spell of 4-6 overs and thus build a rhythm and plan of action in his bowling. but t20 does not allow bowlers to bowl that long a spell.

cricketers can learn and develop them selves by longer time. not by short burst. a footballer who starts the game and plays a long time learns more. not some one who comes for a 10 min sub cameo.

also team wise.....a team cannot produce a form in t20 as..... one 4-5 over blip and the game can go any way and its hard to recover. too much uncertainty in the game.

well entertainment wise it is good, some one who does not have time to watch test or odi's but would love to see their fav cricketers in action will opt for a t20.

but t20 still should be 3rd behind tests and odi........ perhaps it could only be played in domestic level like IPL... NCL....not (ICL, PCL)... and in international level on u-23 basis, like football in olympics
Old April 1, 2010, 09:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fais
exactly! our players don't realise that just because its 20-20 does not mean singles aren't valuable, collect one per ball and you have 6 RR, with wickets in hand you can accelerate that easily to 9 or 10 RR in the latter half of your innings.
1000% CORRECT.
These are some of our problems:
1) We have only few big hitters like Naeem and Aftab(But they are not tall).
2)Problem with strike rotation.
3)Bla, bla, bla
4)Tamim's departure creates panick

The T20 WC is judgement time for BD cricket. If we dont do anything, maybe we have to play T20 qaulifier
Old April 1, 2010, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
is there ant team in the world who are consistent in t20... no.

actually the game is so short and fast.... that it is not enough for a player to show consistency.
I don't think consistency is the issue with our players, unless we're talking about consistent failure. It's more the lack of understanding of the game that's hurting us. T20 requires a lot of finesse in the form of being able to pace your inning well enough so that you don't lose too many wickets too fast and manage to keep scoring at the same time. It's not a hit out or get out game like many people - or even most of our players - make of it. It's a game for brave, intelligent men and women who are constantly thinking on their feet and trying to outplay each other with cunning.

Our players are not only slow-learners but a lof of them are incapable of adjusting their game according to varying situations (even in the longer formats) and rarely depend on ones and twos for scoring. Dealing with boundaries and boundaries only won't get you anywhere unless you hit like a Sehwag or a Hayden or a Gilchrist.
Old April 2, 2010, 01:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
I don't think consistency is the issue with our players, unless we're talking about consistent failure. It's more the lack of understanding of the game that's hurting us. T20 requires a lot of finesse in the form of being able to pace your inning well enough so that you don't lose too many wickets too fast and manage to keep scoring at the same time. It's not a hit out or get out game like many people - or even most of our players - make of it. It's a game for brave, intelligent men and women who are constantly thinking on their feet and trying to outplay each other with cunning.

Our players are not only slow-learners but a lof of them are incapable of adjusting their game according to varying situations (even in the longer formats) and rarely depend on ones and twos for scoring. Dealing with boundaries and boundaries only won't get you anywhere unless you hit like a Sehwag or a Hayden or a Gilchrist.
You r right
Old April 2, 2010, 01:39 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

its a crime not to select alok kapali in T20 cricket. so far, in our 20/20 history the best performer ever

i just wanna see how long BD will ignore faisal, who is making tons of runs, century, hitting highest number 6 and getting wkt, still not getting attention, how sad
Old April 2, 2010, 02:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Last year in the warm up game against Australia, BD scored over 180 runs against bowlers like Mitchell Johnson, Brett Lee and Nathan Bracke. They were chasing 219 runs and managed to get 182 runs. I feel that they are more relaxed when they play a warm up game and they dont put themselves under pressure. This year, they will face these two bowlers again, so they should have a game plan.
Old April 2, 2010, 09:39 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
Last year in the warm up game against Australia, BD scored over 180 runs against bowlers like Mitchell Johnson, Brett Lee and Nathan Bracke. They were chasing 219 runs and managed to get 182 runs. I feel that they are more relaxed when they play a warm up game and they dont put themselves under pressure. This year, they will face these two bowlers again, so they should have a game plan.
but they have to plan again two more bowlers tait and nannes.

and finally bowlers have bigger plans.............. how to stop warner, marsh, clarke hussey, haddin, voges, white