facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 22, 2003, 05:43 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Default BD vs NAM

Whats the score? cricketnamibia.com didn't update (probably thy are sleeping now ).

CricInfo doesn't have any info on this tour at all! Couldn't even find the score card of first match.

Old January 22, 2003, 07:01 PM
Street Cricketer

Default looks like namibia won

I found it in a namibian discussion forum:
"http://community.namibian.com.na/WebX?50@14.elBAau6ddNy.1812@.3086f760"
Old January 22, 2003, 07:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Default namibi won by 3 wickets

"Namibia won the match by 3 wickets. Chasing a modest total of 144 they reached the tarhet in 45th over with 3 wickets to spare."

that was the post in the above link.

maybe i'll save the money on the world cup dish subscription after all...
Old January 22, 2003, 07:32 PM
Administrator

there goes hope of good world cup. At this rate we will loose to canada and keynya for sure....
Old January 22, 2003, 07:50 PM
ODI Cricketer

That is disgusting. It really is hard to keep patience with our cricket team. Before this ICC, not too many people knew that Namibia played cricket. And here we are, beaten by them. When will our batsmen score some runs. At least these matches will bring down our hopes to realistic levels.
Old January 22, 2003, 08:05 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default whaaaaaaa............the..........

DId grinidge remind BD player abt their olden days?

Disappointed Prohor
Old January 22, 2003, 08:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

It's moment like that when i wonder why i support you guys
Old January 22, 2003, 08:18 PM
ODI Cricketer

Only thing nice about Bangladesh cricket is this website. At least the crazy, sad fans like us have some company here. We will be hurt but we will continue to root for this team. That is the nature of die-hard supporters.
Old January 22, 2003, 08:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Oh man. Now I'm really glad that Cricinfo and the other major cricket sites aren't giving this tour any coverage. Its extremely embarassing. I don't know how we keep doing this. Losing to Canada looks a distinct possibility. How embarassing would that be. God, I hope the wake up call is answered.
Old January 22, 2003, 09:19 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default If you thought this loss was bad....

Now some of the people who have been talking about our 'undeserved' test status will start talking again.
Supporting BD really has to be one of the most painful things things to do...
Old January 22, 2003, 09:58 PM
ODI Cricketer

I don't understand why we're taking this loss so hard. Sure, a loss is a loss, but these matches are purley for conditioning and experimenting. Maybe the coach tinkered with the batting lineup, maybe the batsmen were trying new things under match conditions, maybe the bowlers were tried out something new.

The bottom line is that these matches are perfect for the players to get out of the limelight and try out things that have been practising in the nets. Again, a loss to Namibia still hurts but I'll be happy as long as we're learning from the mistakes that we've been making.I know for sure, and I'm sure a lot of you will agree with me, that we'll see a totally different side once the carnival starts.
Old January 22, 2003, 10:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Default samir

these guys scored 163 and 143. they are now up for scoring 123 and 103 in the next 2 games. whatever new stuff they are trying in the nets, it ain't working. the only thing they should be trying is to a) not throw away wickets and b) get bat on ball and score runs.

namibia is no pushover, people have to remember that southern africa is a major cricket area. in fact they (namibia) have more cricket in them than does canada, immigrants notwithstanding. namibia may be a better side than canada, i don't know for sure.

a lot of teams are going to get blown away under 200 in this world cup. bangladesh had better make sure it wins the 2 matches it is supposed to.
Old January 22, 2003, 11:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Oh man. Now I'm really glad that Cricinfo and the other major cricket sites aren't giving this tour any coverage. Its extremely embarassing. I don't know how we keep doing this. Losing to Canada looks a distinct possibility. How embarassing would that be. God, I hope the wake up call is answered.
When the news comes up in Dailystar website, CricInfo will put that news to their website for the world to see
Old January 23, 2003, 03:58 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

This is what I was afraid of.

What did Ashraful and Kapali do in the 2nd one day anyway?
Old January 23, 2003, 04:09 AM
First Class Cricketer

I am getting the news of the loss at 4 in the morning so the disappointment really hasn't sunk in.

It is time to answer the wake up call!!! I am so sick and tired of supporting a team that so mentally weak. I refuse to believe that BD as a test playing nation has a weaker batting side than a team that has only recently stepped into the international cricketing areana. I really don't know what more can be done for the BD team now. I hope the BD players really comtemplate on the defeat and the ultimate consequence it could have if they don't change their mindset.

I expect nothing more than convincing wins in the remaining games with Namibia.
Old January 23, 2003, 06:47 AM
First BC Member

Default Does anyone read German / Namibian?

If I am guessing right, then bangladesh scored 213 runs, and Namibia also scored 213 runs and either team total includes 49, 46, 31, 21, 19 etc. individual scores.

Namibia gleicht aus
Kricket-Auswahl besiegt Bangladesch in Länderspielserie
Bangladesch-Bezwinger Burton van Rooi (l.): Der Namibier ergatterte ein Wicket und riss in nur 19 Minuten mit 21 Läufen von 13 Bällen die Partie aus dem Feuer. Foto: Dirk Heinrich
Der Knoten ist geplatzt und das auf spektakuläre Art und Weise: Nach dem Sieg der Kricket-Auswahl Namibias gegen Bangladesch gab es Bier, Hot Dogs und ein bisschen Regen.

Windhoek - Nach einer langen Reihe von Niederlagen, zuletzt beim Standard Bank Cup in Südafrika, hat die Kricket-Auswahl Namibias wieder auf die Siegesstraße zurückgefunden. Namibia bezwang gestern in einem zum Schluss nervenraubenden Spiel auf dem TransNamib-Kricketfeld Bangladesch mit zwei Wickets. Es war zum Schluss das namibische Talent Burton van Rooi, der eine vermeintliche Niederlage in einen dramatischen und verdienten Sieg umwandelte. Der ,,Allrounder” schlug 21 Läufe von nur 13 Bällen, um die von Bangladesch 213 vorgelegten Läufe in 49.2 Overs zu erreichen. Die wichtige Vorarbeit leisteten der Schlagmann und ,,Man of the Match”, Stephan Swanepoel, mit 73, Danie Keulder mit 31 und J.B Burger mit 31 Läufen.

,,Alles was wir wollten, ist gewinnen”, platzte es nach der Partie aus dem Trainer Namibias Dougie Brown heraus, der erleichtert dazu fügte, ,,dass dieser Sieg den Teamgeist aufbauen wird”.

Wie in der ersten Begegnung in der Ein-Tages-Länderspielserie fingen die Hausherren gut, setzten mit ihren Werfern die Bangladescher zu Beginn unter Druck. Sie ließen dann aber stark nach und die Gäste aus Asien kämpften sich wieder langsam in die Partie.

Die Bangladescher schlugen zuerst und legten 213 Läufe für den Verlust von sieben Wickets vor. Auf Seiten der Gäste waren es der Kapitän Khaled Mashud mit 46 und Mohammed Rafique mit 47 Läufen, die den Angriff der Bangladescher Schlagmänner leiteten.

Die Werfer Namibias leisteten erneut gute und disziplinierte Arbeit, voran Sarel Burger und Lennie Louw. Beide konnten zwei Wickets ergattern. Burton van Rooi, Rudi van Vuuren und Gerrie Snymann legten jeweils mit einem Wicket nach.

Zu einem Zeitpunkt hatte das Team von Trainer Moshin Kamal sieben Wickets für nur knapp 100 Läufe verloren.

Auf Seiten Namibias fingen die Schlagmänner Swanepoel und Keulder gut an. Sie bauten eine Partnerschaft auf, die laut Trainer Brown im Spiel Namibias fehlt. Nachdem zuerst Keulder und dann Swanepoel ihre Wickets verloren hatten, ließ die Konzentration nach. Das Resultat: Namibia verlor schnell vier Wickets hintereinander. Lange Zeit sah es so aus, als ob die Gäste erneut sicher die Partie nach Hause bringen würden, bis Burton van Rooi spät in der Partie das Spiel zur Freude der 1000 Zuschauer noch aus dem Feuer riss. Er schlug im 48 und 49 Over zwei Vieren und eine Sechs.

Für die Bangladescher waren Rafique mit drei Wickets, Alok Kapali mit zwei Wickets und Talha Jubair und Tapahs Kumar Baishya mit jeweils einem Wicket die erfolgreichsten Werfer.

Für die dritte Partie am kommenden Samstag erhofft sich Trainer Brown eine ähnlich gute Leistung von seinem Kader, das jetzt eine Grundlage für weitere Erfolge geschaffen hat”.

BD vs Nam
Old January 23, 2003, 08:37 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default TIME FOR JHARI

I simply can't believe it ///
Old January 23, 2003, 09:07 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Default Believe it.

Look at this in a good point of view. Thanks to BCB arranging this tour. Otherwise this could have happen against Canada.

BD sucks in fast wickets. 143 all out against a team like Namibia shows the level BD sucks at. Now they have 5 more chances to get used to it.

Inshallah, in 5 more practice matches in Namibia and SA, BD batsmen will learn to play in such wickets.

This is a learning process.
Old January 23, 2003, 12:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Translated article...

Hi guys...I translated the German article that Fahmida posted above for your benefit. Don't expect too much...I almost translated verbatim...and didn't pay attention to how it sounds in English.

Namibia levels scores
Cricket team defeats Bangladesh in ODI series

Windhoek – After a long series of defeats – most recently in the Standard Bank Cup in South Africa – the cricket team of Namibia finally found its way back to the victory road. Namibia defeated Bangladesh by 2 wickets yesterday in a nerve-wracking encounter on the TransNamib ground. It turned out to be Namibian talent Burton van Rooi who turned apparent defeat into a dramatic and deserved win. The all-rounder hit 21 runs off only 13 balls to help Namibia eclipse Bangladesh’s total of 213 runs in 49.2 overs. The foundations of the victory were laid by batsman and man-of-the-match, Stephan Swanepoel with 73 runs, Danie Keulder with 31 and J B Burger with 31.

“All we wanted to do was win, “ exclaimed Namibia’s coach Dougie Brown at the end of the match, to which he added, “This win will boost our confidence tremendously.”

As was the case in the first match of the ODI series, the hosts started very well, effectively applying pressure on the Bangladeshi batting line-up with their bowlers. Eventually, however, they became complacent and the Asian guests slowly fought their way back into the match.

The Bangladeshis, batting first, scored 213 for the loss of 7 wickets in the first innings. For the visitors, it was Khaled Mashud with 46 and Mohammed Rafique with 47 who led the Bangladeshi batting attack.

The Namibian bowlers were keenly focused on their task, especially Sarel Burger and Lennie Louw, both managing two-wicket hauls. Burton van Rooi, Rudi van Vuuren and Gerrie Snymann contributed with a wicket each.

At one point, the team of coach Mohsin Kamal had lost seven wickets for just under 100 runs.

On the other side, Namibia’s openers Swanepoel and Keulder started well. They built up a partnership, which has been one of the major weaknesses according to coach Brown. After Keulder, then Swanepoel, lost his wicket, the concentration of the team began to wane. The result: Namibia lost four wickets in quick succession. For long periods it seemed as if the visitors would again run away with a close victory until, that is, Burton van Rooi arrived on the pitch late into the second innings, playing with fire in his belly much to the approval of the 1000 spectators. In the 48th and 49th overs he struck two fours and one six.

For the Bangladeshis, Rafique, Kapali, Jubair and Baishya were the pick of the bowlers, collecting seven wickets between them.

For the third match on Saturday, coach Brown will be hoping for a similar performance from his charges, which has now set the foundation stone for further successes.
Old January 23, 2003, 11:30 PM
First BC Member

Default Our major worry

Our major worry against other test nations is also a major worry against other non-test nations.

That is, time after time, we have seen how people like Ramnaresh Sarwan, Harchelle Gibbs, Sanath Jayasuriya and others have scored heavily against us in the last 5 to 10 overs.

Namibia having not such stars, they have still managed to turn the game around in the last 2 overs (48th and 49th over) against us.

It just gets to show that no matter who we play against, our concern against the test teams, should also be causes for concern against non-test teams as well.
Old January 24, 2003, 10:49 AM
Cricket Legend

nice translation, shubho. Cholbey.
Old January 24, 2003, 12:11 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default Shubho

Thank you. Now, we have no worry for the rest of the tour. We have Shubho getting us the news.
Old January 24, 2003, 03:15 PM
Cricket Legend

I knew something good would come out of having an Austrian among us.