facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 21, 2012, 03:45 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Why bring WI incident with the Pak tour? Anyway, we all pray for normal situation in Pak. We will visit you guys then. In the meantime, enjoy your stay here and you will find something positive about us.

Old May 21, 2012, 03:46 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerdtiger
it wasnt professional to agree to tour and then back out and then agree and then back out and then agree and then get a court order. remeber the windies game in the worldcup vs bd, what happened afterwords with the bus well that would lend credibility to that theory
Yes buddy, that was so wrong and you have all the rights to get upset. But please do know that we didn't like that drama either. We should've said NO to Pakistan tour long time ago. We are sorry that you had to go through all these because of an inept guy named Lotus. Let's move on please..
Old May 21, 2012, 03:47 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

If it was safe for Bangladesh to tour then its safe for all the other teams. Cricket Australia are watching this thread, they will soon go in a meeting. Rumours are CA chiefs will propose PCB to move the tour from Srilanka to Pakistan because BC member corneredtiger thinks its safe in Pakistan.
Old May 21, 2012, 03:48 PM
MLC World Series I

I second that, roman!
Old May 21, 2012, 03:50 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: misbah ul haq

i have had a lot of positive experince about bangladeshis as i posted before. and the only reason i visited your site for along time was and is because i am a fan of bangladeshi cricket ever since that 05 match vs australia. i guess you would not believe me but the situation here is not what you people think it is(pakistan). one day bangladesh may be victimized by america(GodForbid) then you will see what the western media does to your countrys image. im not saying that pakistan has been ultrasafe for the past decade and a half but it has been as safe as it was in the 90s for the past 18 months atleast
Old May 21, 2012, 03:51 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
If it was safe for Bangladesh to tour then its safe for all the other teams. Cricket Australia are watching this thread, they will soon go in a meeting. Rumours are CA chiefs will propose PCB to move the tour from Srilanka to Pakistan because BC member corneredtiger thinks its safe in Pakistan.
Old May 21, 2012, 03:53 PM
Club Cricketer

i really didnot want to troll i am sorry but of all countries that play cricket well not expected from you guys
Old May 21, 2012, 03:54 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
i have had a lot of positive experince about bangladeshis as i posted before. and the only reason i visited your site for along time was and is because i am a fan of bangladeshi cricket ever since that 05 match vs australia. i guess you would not believe me but the situation here is not what you people think it is(pakistan). one day bangladesh may be victimized by america(GodForbid) then you will see what the western media does to your countrys image. im not saying that pakistan has been ultrasafe for the past decade and a half but it has been as safe as it was in the 90s for the past 18 months atleast
Its good to hear that its getting safer. InshaAllah everything will be fine soon. We can wait until then and have the tour. After all "life is more important than cricket or anything". Enjoy your stay here
Old May 21, 2012, 03:55 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

I have one thing to say.

Stop killing innocent people.

Stop bombing Hotels.

And people will go to Pakistan. As I seriously believe Pakistan is a beautiful country, 99% people want to see those killing stop. They don't want see headlines like another bomb blast in Karachi,Islamabad or any other town.

That 1% or may be bit more is destroying your country.
Old May 21, 2012, 03:55 PM
Club Cricketer

InshaAllah meanwhile were in the same group for the t20worldcup. cant wait
Old May 21, 2012, 03:58 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
I have one thing to say.

Stop killing innocent people.

Stop bombing Hotels.

And people will go to Pakistan. As I seriously believe Pakistan is a beautiful country, 99% people want to see those killing stop. They don't want see headlines like another bomb blast in Karachi,Islamabad or any other town.

That 1% or may be bit more is destroying your country.
shabnam visited pakistan. she was happy
Old May 21, 2012, 04:32 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

^
Dont make Looney yourself here, keep posting whatever u feel right. btw who is shabnam?
Old May 21, 2012, 04:36 PM
Club Cricketer

took you long enough to reply...former pakistani legend of an actress now bangladeshi. she was the madhuri of our parents era
Old May 24, 2012, 06:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
shabnam visited pakistan. she was happy
with the killings and bombings?
Old May 24, 2012, 07:09 PM
Administrator

I think we need to stop this "I am better than you" tit-for-tat exchange. It is now out of topic.

- Admin
Old May 25, 2012, 03:43 AM
MLC World Series I

FICA urges Bangladesh to clear BPL dues to players

Quote:

It is learned that the board had asked the franchises to clear all dues by the first week of June © BPL T20

Tim May, the Federation of International Cricketers Associations (FICA) CEO, has threatened legal action if the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) fails to ensure that the players involved in the Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) held in February have been paid.

In a letter to the BCB president AHM Mustafa Kamal, dated May 19, May urged him to inform the BPL franchises to clear all outstanding dues to the players within five days. Although May 9 was the original deadline for foreign players' payments and May 31 for the locals, it is learned that the board had asked the franchises to clear all dues by the first week of June.

"Whilst we have a communication avenue open, I wish to express, on behalf of the majority of players that recently participated in the Bangladesh Premier League, our continued disappointment that a large number of players, both foreign and local, still have not received their full entitlements from their franchises," PakPassion.net quoted May's letter, as saying.

"The continued broken promises and deadlines is causing great harm to the integrity of the franchises, the Bangladesh Premier League, the Bangladesh Cricket Board, and all of the officials within such organisations."

May warned the BCB of various repercussions if the franchises fail to pay up within the deadline.

"Following the inability of the franchises to meet such deadlines, we demand that the BCB satisfies the guarantees it has agreed to under the player agreements immediately. This applies to all outstanding player fees, both to domestic and foreign players," May wrote.

"If the sums of money are not received by players within 5 business days, FICA will be forced to explore legal routes to recover these monies from the BCB. Additionally FICA will further advise all foreign and domestic players not to participate in any future BPL events."

The letter also quoted part of players' contract in which it was stated that 25% of a player's fee would be paid before February 2, two weeks after the players' auction and a week before the tournament started. The second installment (50% of the player fees) was supposed to be paid on or before February 23 while the rest (25%) was supposed to be cleared "within 45 days of the completion of the players' involvement in the league".
With the delayed payments and all such hassles, I wonder if the second edition will even take place, and if it does will it attract enough for a proper staging!
Old May 25, 2012, 04:09 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

I always feared this would happen ever since the auction.
Old May 25, 2012, 12:20 PM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

BCB Fail to Respond to FICA's Request for All BPL Payments to be Cleared

The furore over the case of overdue payments to players who participated in the Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) shows no signs of abating in the short run. The first edition of BPL, which ended on February 29th of this year, was greeted with fanfare and hopes for a prosperous future for all concerned.

However, the delay in payments for some of the players is a cause for embarrassment for the organizers and the Bangladesh Cricket Board and it does cast a dark shadow over future episodes of this tournament. May 9 was the original deadline for foreign players' payments and May 31 for the locals and apart from media report suggesting that some Pakistani players may have been compensated, it would seem that scant progress has been made to resolve this crisis.

Given the gravity of the situation, The Federation of International Cricketers' Associations (FICA), headed by Ex Australian cricketer Tim May, have been taking a keen interest in approaching the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) and BPL organizers in an attempt to help the affected cricketers in this predicament.

Frustrated by lack of progress in this regard, Tim May has backed up his efforts by an email to the President of the BCB, Mustafa Kamal, in which he threatened legal action on behalf of the players if the BPL did not honor its obligations to the contracted players (Details of the email were shared with PakPassion.net on 19th May, 2012)

The main points that the email which Tim May sent to BCB President Mustafa Kamal were "If the sums of money were not received by players within 5 business days, FICA would be forced to explore legal routes to recover these monies from BCB. Additionally FICA will further advise all foreign and domestic players not to participate in any future BPL events".

The email from May added "We would prefer not to engage the above measures, but I am sure that you can understand that the series of broken promises, mistruths and general aversion to pay these outstanding amounts must cease immediately. We have no doubt that as a person entrusted with Presidency of the Bangladesh Cricket Board that you will take this on personally to ensure all players are paid within the timeline provided above."

With the passage of the 5 day grace period stated by May in his email, it would seem that chances of a legal showdown and embarrassment for BPL organizers is fast approaching. It appears that the BPL and BCB have not entirely cleared the funds due to the players.

Moreover, given the severity of the legal threat implied in the email from Tim May, no official reply or acknowledgement on this matter has been received by FICA from Kamal or the BCB. In exclusive comments to PakPassion.net on this matter, Tim May was scathing about what he perceives as the inability of Mustafa Kamal to honour commitments made by his organization.

"I have not received a reply from Mustafa Kamal to my original email and I have therefore sent a follow up communication to Kamal but that also has remained unanswered. It is disappointing that a man touted as the future ICC President and the current Bangladesh Cricket Board President has such little respect for the commitments that his organization makes and the pronouncements that he has made guaranteeing player payments."

I don't wish to directly comment on something ongoing but given Bangladesh Cricket is attempting to negotiate for a head coach, doesn't this issue hang like an albatross around the neck of everyone concerned?

Things are getting extremely serious, very quickly.
Old May 25, 2012, 03:57 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Guys can we have a little flashback here.. Remember how Mushifiq got kicked out for speak against BPL stuff (disorganise, disgrace etc)? now how Kamal gonna stop Tim May's wrath?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
Old May 25, 2012, 04:03 PM
Club Cricketer

The reason why this is sad is not because of the affect it has on foriegn players but the affect on the locals. i mean you could easily see the change in mental strength of the bangladeshi players after bpl in the asia cup coz they always had the talent but lacked the mental aspect. if the bcb had organized bpl well perhaps more foriegners would have participated in bpl2. i feel that would have fast.tracked bamgladesh up the cricketing pecking order maybe overtake new zealand and windies and compete with srilanka. Unless they dont pay up theyre only harming banglacricket. no one else and they appear to be too dumb to realize that
Old May 25, 2012, 04:13 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane
with the killings and bombings?
The news.on sky, fox,cnn,bbc isnt exactly unbiased. i suggest you look for other sources if you want to know the whole picture. or you could go on believing what you want to believe
Old May 28, 2012, 07:53 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Payment ki disey?
Old May 28, 2012, 08:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

According to Mushfiq, no body has received any payment yet
Old July 24, 2012, 11:08 AM
First Class Cricketer

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/573674.html

Quote:
Half my pay is missing - Ian Pont

The payments issue of the Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) has been stirred once again with Ian Pont, the Dhaka Gladiators coach during the inaugural season, claiming he has not received half the money due to him. Pont's allegation came two days after the six franchises missed the latest deadline - July 21 - to complete all payments.

"I am personally missing 50% of my contracted amount and others are still awaiting re-imbursement of flights, expenses and original fees," Pont wrote in an email. "Pieces of paper kept being produced showing bank transfers by the franchise, but they never took place. Players and staff have been given a whole host of excuses. Deadlines and promises remain broken.

"The franchise, run by the Chowdhury family, has just stopped communicating. It's not only very sad but totally unprofessional to run a business this way in my view."

However, Gazi Ashraf Hossain, the BPL governing council chairman, said that Pont had received his payment in full, though he wasn't aware of any other clauses in his contract.

"As far as I know, he [Pont] was the highest paid coach in the tournament and already got the full payment of $20,000," Ashraf said. "I don't know if there was a promise of any additional amount in the contract. If such a thing exists, I will still say that our priorities are player payments and tax issues. We will look into his claim afterwards."

In response, Pont wrote another e-mail: "I don't really wish to talk about specific sums as they are and should be private. I can confirm that I have received half the amount stated in my contract. I don't get the obsession with the amounts. If someone is owed a dollar, they are owed money."

Pont also claimed some Dhaka Gladiators' players were willing to boycott their semi-final against Khulna Royal Bengals because they were not being paid. "The overseas players came to me and we had an emergency meeting where it was felt that boycotting the semi-final was a genuine option," he said. "So much money was missing that the guys didn't know what else they could try. But the players did not want to let the BPL down or the fans, which was the right thing to do.

"I am amazed we remained focused enough to win the whole competition and it's a testament to the players - overseas and local - when the only talk was about payments. It was hard to concentrate on the cricket with such an enormous distraction. After all, this is not simply a game for the players and staff, but it is their living."

Pont said he'd like to work in the BPL again but would quit the Dhaka franchise. "I anticipate returning to hopefully win the BPL again. It just won't be with the Shihab Trading Company's franchise. The fact is you cannot have players worrying if they are going to get their money. It just sends the wrong message."

Ashraf was disappointed with the irregular payments after the franchises missed yet another deadline. "We are a little frustrated with the payment issue. It would be nice for us if we could finish the inaugural tournament without any controversies, but still we have five months in hand before the next event to solve all the issues.

"We have got verbal assurance from some franchises. Actually most of the franchises are now focusing on the revenue issue. You know a huge financial deal was involved in the event, so it's not unlikely that they face some setback. I think we are in a learning process which will help us to arrange the next edition smoothly."

When asked whether the BPL would take tough action against a franchise that failed to settle the issue, Ashraf said: "The governing council will review all the things before taking any action. We hope the franchises can understand everything, so we are not in hurry."
Old July 24, 2012, 10:58 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
We hope the franchises can understand everything, so we are not in hurry.
What does he mean by we are not in a hurry??

Quote:
but still we have five months in hand before the next event to solve all the issues.
So, we have five months to solve the payment issue as well??

Lipu has lost his senses or what kind of attitude was he showing here??

Last edited by BANFAN; July 27, 2012 at 03:47 AM..