facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 28, 2012, 11:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Old November 28, 2012, 11:43 PM
BanglaCricket BPL Fantasy League Winner 2012

Favorite Player: To Bash = AshDaFool

He seems to be a hard working young man, and as short as Tendu. He has all the elements to become a champ. I believe he is there to be served, and serve for long

Last edited by riankhan; November 29, 2012 at 12:14 AM..
Old November 28, 2012, 11:46 PM
ODI Cricketer

Thanks a lot for the video bro. Now that I have seen him, I m pretty sure this kid has what it takes to succeed in international cricket. Now I m pretty confident that he will shine. He seems to have the technique but what impressed me most was how he seemed pretty cool and just went about his business in finishing the game under pressure. Yep I m pretty confident now that he will shine, the rest depends on him, Allah, luck and selectors.
Old November 29, 2012, 12:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

from the video rifat posted he does not appear as impressive as people are making him out to be. He lacks footwork in his shots that went square of the wicket on both sides barring the pull shot. I am not too optimistic about him yet.
Old November 29, 2012, 12:20 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Who is taller- Mominul or Mushfiqur?
Old November 29, 2012, 12:25 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by layperson
from the video rifat posted he does not appear as impressive as people are making him out to be. He lacks footwork in his shots that went square of the wicket on both sides barring the pull shot. I am not too optimistic about him yet.
He always looked to me as an average batsman.... And his Avg in FC and List A also suggest that. Hope he does well.... Don't really know what to expect from him...
Old November 29, 2012, 12:30 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by layperson
Really? He gets behind the delivery and as for square of the wicket, they looked ugly because the length wasn't right to play those shots but since it was BPL he had to manufacture shots. The more he plays in different conditions against strong oppononents the better he will get. I used to be a first division cricketer in Chittagong, and my humble knowledge says his technique is just fine for now in pitches like ours and as a number 4 and 5. Abroad, he will unfurl and hone his square of the wicket techniques
Old November 29, 2012, 12:37 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
Nobody's as tall as Capt. Md. Mushfiqur Rahim Mit'hu, BA (History) in international cricket and I mean NOBODY. U13 or little people cricket isn't international cricket.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old November 29, 2012, 12:39 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark mage
Really? He gets behind the delivery and as for square of the wicket, they looked ugly because the length wasn't right to play those shots but since it was BPL he had to manufacture shots. The more he plays in different conditions against strong oppononents the better he will get. I used to be a first division cricketer in Chittagong, and my humble knowledge says his technique is just fine for now in pitches like ours. Abroad, he will unfurl and hone his square of the wicket techniques
The bottomline is, he has been the most consistent batsman in the domestic and performed marginally better than most batsmen in the warm ups. So, he is our best bet to fill up the gap in the middle order. Even Nasir with dodgy technique is doing great, so there's no reason why Shourav can't provided he is mentally as strong as the former. But however well he performs, once Shakib returns, he'll have to move up the order- possibly at 3 or 4. So his real competition is with Anamul/Naeem/SN.
Old November 29, 2012, 12:49 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
The bottomline is, he has been the most consistent batsman in the domestic and performed marginally better than most batsmen in the warm ups. So, he is our best bet to fill up the gap in the middle order. Even Nasir with dodgy technique is doing great, so there's no reason why Shourav can't provided he is mentally as strong as the former. But however well he performs, once Shakib returns, he'll have to move up the order- possibly at 3 or 4. So his real competition is with Anamul/Naeem.
Exactly. There's no way to know how smooth the transition if any, will be until we see him play international cricket over a period of time. For that he needs to make a major impact right away, the type of impact he can milk for a period of time especially during bad patches, AND be in the good graces of our legendary selectors known to be the the most hardworking, erudite, just and wise since King Solomon (PBUH).

That transition is never easy and I pray for the best outcome for him and our country. Though I'm not as as excited about his debut as I am about Bijoy's or I was about Hom's, I acknowledge him to be far better player than guys like Rajin, Rocky, Nazimuddin, "Decans" and Omi to name a few. He is also smarter and I'm talking about cricketing intelligence here as it relates to reading the game situation,than Shahriar Mofees, Junaid Mofees, Tusharul Mofees and all of the other Mofeeses we've had the misfortune to watch out there.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old November 29, 2012, 12:52 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

After seeing Shariar Nafees fishing outside the off stump in the recent test series... Mominul's innings will seem like poetry in motion
Old November 29, 2012, 01:06 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

I still remember that memorable batting of Mominul . Hope he will shine .
Old November 29, 2012, 01:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Sahara Cup 2012
Bangladesh vs West Indies
Mominul takes Shakib's place
The tiny figure of Mominul Haque looked out of place and out of his depth as he found himself surrounded by the press horde. He had just been told, moments after playing his match for the BCB XI against the touring West Indians, that he was selected to the Bangladesh squad as a replacement for champion all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan for the first two ODIs, and all he seemed to be trying to do was escape the spotlight.

It does not do to get too excited about a new prospect who is yet to play his first international game, but observers of the domestic game for quite some time identified him as a player for the future. His name was doing the rounds at the start of the year, but the fact that much care was being taken to blood him at the right time points to his potential. . . . . . . . .http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=259173
Old November 29, 2012, 02:20 AM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
But more than statistics, it is the nature of his play that delights his backers.

In yesterday's match against the West Indies he scored 43 off 57, in itself not a huge achievement, but he seemed the only one at ease with the venom that the West Indians spewed. When the fast bowlers dropped short, he seemed to have ample time to rock back and play the pull. He would not often have faced bowlers of this speed, but the time available to him seemed to set him apart
. (Source: DS)
That's a positive sign and I'm glad that selectors actually picked him after watching the match and not just seeing the scorecard.
Old November 29, 2012, 02:21 AM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
LOL, but this can you give you some idea!

Old November 29, 2012, 12:42 PM

^^^ Enjoyed the pic Razi!
Old November 29, 2012, 01:01 PM
Cricket Legend

..."that he was selected to the Bangladesh squad as a replacement for champion all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan for the first two ODIs"

Unnecessary pressure - I hope he doesn't feel pressure from that one and can play unencumbered by extraneous circumstances.
Old November 29, 2012, 01:08 PM
Cricket Sage

Nice pricture.

Mominul ekta Dhainna Morich.

At the tail of the innings, all attempeted yorker will be a short pitched ball for him... chookar pore chokka....

and all attempted bouncers will be wide.
Old November 29, 2012, 01:18 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Old November 29, 2012, 01:22 PM
Cricket Guru

^Lol. Good find Nadim. They are twins.
Old November 29, 2012, 01:29 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Mominul kinda looks like our bowling coach Saqlain.
Old November 29, 2012, 01:31 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

^^Mushy ato dine ekta moner moto bondu pailo
Old November 29, 2012, 01:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
^^Mushy ato dine ekta moner moto bondu pailo
ho akdom juti ta bhalo milse...finally found perfect partner he was looking for
Old November 29, 2012, 03:11 PM
Cricket Guru

lol first time seeing Monimul, didn't think we'd have another player the size of Mushfiq.
Old November 29, 2012, 03:15 PM
Cricket Savant

I always get confused Mominul with Anamul.... kinda like the painters Manet and Monet.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles