facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 27, 2005, 04:37 AM
Test Cricketer

Default JO interview by BBC Bangla service

A compliment to JO:

http://rapidshare.de/files/2624251/J...angla.MP3.html
But he must make good of his next opportunity to take more singles and increase the strike rate as well spend the entire 50 overs at the wicket.

Old June 27, 2005, 06:27 AM
Test Cricketer

If would have scored century.....it would be great...
Old June 27, 2005, 08:42 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally posted by lance_klusner
If would have scored century.....it would be great...
An opener who survives till 46th over and can't score his century is a disgrace to the team
Old June 27, 2005, 09:02 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Real player,Media player

Spitfire_x86
Old June 27, 2005, 10:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Listened to his interview a while ago. He said something like this....."it's important for me to bat throughout the innings so that the team can get a total of 250".

What an idiot! He didn't understand that he wasn't helping the team to reach 250.
Old June 27, 2005, 10:51 AM
ODI Cricketer

The platform was set for a score of 250!!

If Ash had stayed at the wicket for 10 overs BD would have scored 250 no problems.

It looked bad i guess cuz we did not reach 250. Jo is partly to blame for this but the team needs to take more of the blame.
Old June 27, 2005, 02:14 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

JO ate up half of the deliveries and scored 81. you expect the rest of the team to score 170 from the remaining 150 balls? well guess what, they were trying. thats why all the new batsmen got out trying to hit out. its usually the set batsman who is supposed to go after the bowler, not the other way around.

Edited on, June 27, 2005, 7:14 PM GMT, by shovon13.
Old June 27, 2005, 02:52 PM
Cricket Legend

U guys must be crazy saying something like that. If JO didnt score that run, BD wud have been out by 150. All other batsmen shud have played around him. Nobody could. Now u can say, all other batsmen got out because JO was playing slowing or I cud say JO was playing slowly because all other batsmen were getting out...

hmmm...
Old June 27, 2005, 03:03 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by BD Tigers
All other batsmen shud have played around him. Nobody could.
thats really funny..........when other batsman take one run and give strike to JO - He eats up the remaining balls. It made three of our batsman get out!

I will take a positive game rather than a 'Respectable win' anyday.

What hurt me most is Javed's attitude. He never thought he was slow. Even kissed his bat when got out

But Basher's interview on dailystar shows even he didnt like that. At least we have someone who is positive.

Last thing I want to add here is, people who are/were connected to BD league know how selfish JO is!
Old June 27, 2005, 03:11 PM
First Class Cricketer

I dont know how a innings like this gonna help our cricket!
Hopefully no one in our team will be inspired by Javed. We will be in deep trouble if we have 2 javed in one team.....

worst nightmare ever!
Old June 27, 2005, 05:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
U guys must be crazy saying something like that. If JO didnt score that run, BD wud have been out by 150. All other batsmen shud have played around him. Nobody could. Now u can say, all other batsmen got out because JO was playing slowing or I cud say JO was playing slowly because all other batsmen were getting out...

hmmm...
Please go back to 1997
Old June 27, 2005, 05:33 PM
ODI Cricketer

Just Disgusting!If Javed played 50 overs Iam sure he could not make that century.
Old June 27, 2005, 06:04 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by raju
Last thing I want to add here is, people who are/were connected to BD league know how selfish JO is!

No I dont know..........can anybody tell me that? and can u tell me the source of your qoute. I have been following domestic league for around 14 years and I can not remeber of Javed having any reputation of being selfish..... (and by the way ........ cricket is a game where you can be selfish and still serve the team to be selfish is the way to go for the team and obviously playing more balls are not being selfish, ))

Edited on, June 27, 2005, 11:04 PM GMT, by mafizraju.
Old June 27, 2005, 06:27 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by mafizraju
Quote:
Originally posted by raju

No I dont know..........can anybody tell me that? and can u tell me the source of your qoute. I have been following domestic league for around 14 years and I can not remeber of Javed having any reputation of being selfish..... (and by the way ........ cricket is a game where you can be selfish and still serve the team to be selfish is the way to go for the team and obviously playing more balls are not being selfish, ))

Edited on, June 27, 2005, 11:04 PM GMT, by mafizraju.
my source is abahoni gallery (I guess not a very reliable source.....!).

By the way, I dont think you have to be a Rocket scientist or Psychiatrist to figure out that. Just look at his record and style of play you can figure it out

Have to agree with you that in cricket you can still be selfish and serve the team. And also playing more balls may not be selfish. But eating up 150 balls and scoring 81 is. Most pathetic part is even at 40 overs he didnt try to pick up singles let alone 4 and 6 (6! am I dreaming!!!!!)

I hope he can at least score at a pace of 70% if he stays after 20 overs.....

Thank God he scored 19 in 50 + balls against Aus. If scored a 50 or 60 even Lara couldnt win us that match

Edited on, June 27, 2005, 11:35 PM GMT, by raju.
Old June 27, 2005, 07:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
Quote:

hmmm...
Please go back to 1997
please refresh my mind...what happened in 1997?
Old June 27, 2005, 07:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by shovon13
JO ate up half of the deliveries and scored 81. you expect the rest of the team to score 170 from the remaining 150 balls? well guess what, they were trying. thats why all the new batsmen got out trying to hit out. its usually the set batsman who is supposed to go after the bowler, not the other way around.

Edited on, June 27, 2005, 7:14 PM GMT, by shovon13.
Right he should play more aggressively. It is s easy to bat time out in 1 day matches but hard to score runs. But probably he didnt too bad considering Bangladesh has history of not batting 50 overs. But he could have scored 100 off 150 balls.
Old June 27, 2005, 08:49 PM
Club Cricketer

I feel we are doing too much of a scapegoating. JO has done a tremendous work with his bat. He has done his work as a pride saver. His role in the team is to protect wicket. He has done that. he provided the launching pad for Ashraful, Bashar and Aftab. It is nkot his fault that the other failed in their role. However, I don't expect Ashraful or Aftab to suceed in every outing. Nor do I balame them for the failure in 1 match. How many times BD scoared 200+ against a quality opposition (for any opposition for that matter)? Now we have scored 200+ in 3 of our 5 matches, won 1, JO played his part very well in all these 3 ocassions. He should play within his limitations. He should do the job assigned to him. Let us give him a break and appreciate what he has done so far. We were defeated but not humilitaed, it was because of JO.
Old June 28, 2005, 12:49 AM
Cricket Legend

is there nothing else to talk about before the Aus game? looking forward to what people here will discuss next week after the series is over - how about why JO showed disrespect to Whatmore (at a time the Coach lost his Father) by not scoring a century? How about how JO held back Shariar Nafees' growth by being included on the one day squad? And how if JO had not been on the team, Chacha could have gone and opened in his place?

I remember not too long ago esteemed posters here were screaming for Ashraful to be sent off to Pagla Baba for a holy water tuneup.
Old June 28, 2005, 12:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
please refresh my mind...what happened in 1997?
In 1997, we used to play for playing 50 overs, scoring 200 runs and "honorable defeat". In that time, 250 was a quite big score, 300 wasn't scored frequently by big teams.
Old June 28, 2005, 09:39 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
What an idiot! He didn't understand that he wasn't helping the team to reach 250.
Come on now SF.. don't blame that one person for the whole team's failure! JO's strike rate for that 81 was above 50% and that is surely not the poorest !! Ash scored a duck...Bashar/Aftab played inconfidently... Mashrafee failed again.... all those caused our poor 208.. and you only hold JO responsible?

Isn't that a bit too harsh?