facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 26, 2005, 10:06 PM
Club Cricketer

Default Ashraful\'s threat to Hogg

It happened in one over during the partnership of Ashraful and Shahriar (BD vs Aus). Shahriar was facing Hogg, with Ashraful at the non-strikers end. Shahriar played straight down the pitch to one ball. As Hogg was scampering to get the ball and prevent the batsmen from getting one run, he gave a slight nudge to Ashraful's back to get him out of the way. While Hogg collected the ball, we saw on the TV Ashraful gesturing to Hogg with his bat and raised eye brow and said something (or mimicked something) to Hogg. I could not dicipher what he actually said, but it might be between "Oi...ki hoisey?" and "Oi..dhakka dili ken?" (for the non bengalis.."Oi..whats up?" or "Oi..why the hell did you push?")

Apart from bursting into laughter from this (the way he said it was reminiscent to his old "para" days threat...I guess), it just showed that our boys are not in awe of the opposition any more, instead there seems to be a little bit of belligerent mood in their psyche (even when it may be uncalled for). Also another point to note was the way Ashraful was returning back the glare of the bowlers. On another day he would have been looking away, but he was steadily glaring at them with a smirk. I found that interesting.

Old June 26, 2005, 10:12 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

its true, i remember that incident, it shows he does not care who he's facing which is good for him
Old June 26, 2005, 10:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

GREAT
Old June 26, 2005, 10:20 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

I think it's a good move to dish out a little for a change. It's all in good fun, and make for a more competitive match - which BD are striving for. Aussies and rest of the world should welcome it, and encourage it (to an extent).

But, there should be no worries for BD players going "overboard" with gamesmanship - they are a decent and good-mannered buch of guys.
Old June 27, 2005, 01:32 AM
Cricket Legend

I saw him glaring at a lot of Aussies. He gave a real glare to mid off at one stage when he ran through for a single. I thought he was going to beat him up.
Old June 27, 2005, 04:20 AM
ODI Cricketer

"Oi..dhakka dili ken?" ----for a one day international it's really a kottthin jharee to hogg..

hogg abar haigga-taigga dei nai tou, ash'er dhakaia dialect e ei jharee khaia/shuina...
Old June 27, 2005, 04:24 AM
Street Cricketer

There should be some pics of Ash's venomous stares towards the opposition!
Old June 27, 2005, 02:35 PM
Test Cricketer

I saw the incident too. Ashraful's body language was great. He showed no signs of fear which was evident in his face and gave a rhetorical type of reply through his body behaviour which I surmise really shut up Hogg. The glimpse of Ash's dominance over Brad Hogg's unfair play was a sight to catch. It really revealed his bravery; showing no respect to the Aussies as if they were a side lower to Bangladesh, for eg Kenya and even after that, he showed great maturity, playing sensibly and not being angered, frustrating the Aussies.
Old June 28, 2005, 04:19 AM
ODI Cricketer

i heard from my friend about it ( namely naheyan) who saw the match. he said that if i saw ash doing that i would be scared outa my wits :P. i really wanna see a clip or atleast a picture of it. can anyone get it?