facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old March 17, 2004, 11:36 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default Travaling time!

We are 3 dimensional being. We are able to travel in 3 dimension. consider a spider. A spider is walking along the the wall. If we think of the floor as X axis and Wall as Y axis then its Y axis is changing but X axis is remainging the same.

Now consider the spider in the roof. Roof is also an X axis which is parallel to the floor. The spider climb in the roof from the wall and start to walk towards the light in the center of the room. At this moment X axis is changing Y is constant.

Now consider there is a spider web that start from the roof and comes down to the window in the wall. The spider see a mosquito stuck in the web. He start to approach the traped food crawling on his web. At this motion he is changing his X Axis and Y axis at the same time. Now all of a sudden he see a biger insect stuck in the left side of the web so he change direction and start to move towards the bigger insect. So now he is changing X Axis Y axis and Z axis which we call depth in easy term and 3rd dimension in physics term.

Another simpler example of 3 dimesion travel is airplane travel. Suppose Our X axis is a strait line between Maxico to Dhake. Y axis is a straight line between Maxico to canada and Z axis is a straight light from Maxico to sky upward.

Now consider you get into a plane in mexico city and plane start to fly towards England. Plane slowly gain hight that means Z axis (depth) is changing. it is moving from Maxico to east so it is changing X axis(length). At the same time it is going away from Y axis too. It is an example of 3 dimensional travel. As a 3 dimensional being we are capable of 3 dimensional travel.

Actually I wanted to explain time travel. Time is the 4 th dimension. This is the dimension we can realize but we cannot travel on it like we can in length width and hight. For Example consider the Mexico example again. If we start in the plane in mexico at 7 o clock AM in the morning and travel 8 hours to England. Your clock will show 3 PM. So you actually changed your X axis Y axis Z axis and forth dimension time Q axis. So does it mean we can travel in time dimension too? In theory using Physics the answer is Yes in a limited way. In Physics there is a notion called vector. I will explain don't worry.One vector is called one directional and the other one is called bidirectional.

Let me give an Example of one and bidirectional vector. Water dripping from the roof is a one directional vector because this water cannot climb back to the roof in the same path it came down.

Bi-directional vector is your Soda and straw. You can suck the soda from can to your mouth and send it back from your mouth to the can. Soda can travel in either direction

Then the question comes how the hell this vector direction related to time Travel?!* :duh:

Lets consider The mexico example again. you went to mexico from England in 8 hours. You started at 7 O clock AM and when you reached England your clock tells 3 PM.

Now lets advance the time, Suppose you take the flight right away back to Mexico. It will be another 8 hours your clock will be 11 PM upon arrival.According to physics if you go to England from mexico(0,0,0) and then come back to Mexico(0,0,0) from England then your distance you crossed in X, Y and Z direction is 0. That means you didn't travel at all. You are right were you started. But we cannot not tell it in aspect of time. This 16 hours you spend will never turn back to 0. In other words when you come back it will be mexico but it wouldn't be 7 O Clock AM. It will be 11 O Clock PM. That means we move forward in time which is comparable to the direction of water dripping from the roof. That water cannot climb back to the roof in the same direction. Same as our time getting forward but does not come back. :P

Now hypothetically if we would strat from Mexico at 7 O Clock AM go to england and come back to mexico at 7 O Clock AM at the same day that would make time change 0. Then we could say that we fulfilled the distance theory of physics and that would be time travel bidirectionaly.

You guys can kick me, agree with me or whatever just reply to it. Thank you!!!

Old March 17, 2004, 12:20 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Like any dimensional unit, time is relative. Saying 7am has little significance unless we specify the original point of reference. In this respect our point of refernece would sun. We calculate time with respect to earth's movement around sun. So when you started at 7am Mexico and went to England and came back to Mexico at 7am (another day), you are not back to the same time that you started. You cannot have 0 time difference between your start and end point.

Time is ONE WAY continous, ie even if you stay motionless you are moving on the time dimension. Only way to to slow down time (relative something else) is to increase your relative velocity. Which is explained in Einstein's special theory of relativity. If you travel at speed of light relative to something, your time would stop relative to that thing. Meaning, if you speed away from earth in a rocket at C, your time would stop relative to people on earth.

Paradox: Even if you travel at speed of light, you won't catch up the photons. Light will still travel at C relative to you. Speed of light isn't a relative speed like other speed quantity.
Old March 20, 2004, 08:04 AM
First Class Cricketer

Nasif Bhai,

Thanx for the points mentioned. Awsome!

May I add some on your comments.
"You cannot have 0 time difference between your start and end point."
In physics it says If I move from point A to point B and then go back to point A then distance traveled is 0. Though A and B are both relative in the plain, assertion is true. If it is true for first,second and third dimension isn't it arguably true for Fourth dimension time too. Ofcourse we cannot prove it.

I heard that Electro Magnetic field is the 5 th dimension. If we look at the universe the basic building bloc is positive and Negetive charges. As energy doesn't destroy according to Newton that means our energy changes in terms of time. Human body changes from childhood to adulthood. These changes truly happen in atomic lavel. Like body mass increase then in turn body mass reduction(older). These points have a relation to your second paragraph:

"If you travel at speed of light relative to something, your time would stop relative to that thing. Meaning, if you speed away from earth in a rocket at C, your time would stop relative to people on earth. " If we are capable of going at C speed that means same photon will reflect on my ratina in my eyes so I am seeing the same thing happening all the time. That explain your assertion in the second paragraph. But though we are experience the same visual aspect that freezes time in a relative sense. At the same, our electro Magnectic changes doesn't stop. So we will be seeing the same thing but we will also get older at the same time. That will be a great lose. Seeing my mom cooking the biriany for 50 years but never eating it and then expiring without eating it.

Thank you again for your time!
Old March 20, 2004, 08:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by sage
In physics it says If I move from point A to point B and then go back to point A then distance traveled is 0.
Distance isn't 0... displacement is.
Old March 20, 2004, 10:57 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Nasif Bhai,

Thanx for the points mentioned. Awsome!

In physics it says If I move from point A to point B and then go back to point A then distance traveled is 0. Though A and B are both relative in the plain, assertion is true. If it is true for first,second and third dimension isn't it arguably true for Fourth dimension time too. Ofcourse we cannot prove it.

I heard that Electro Magnetic field is the 5 th dimension. If we look at the universe the basic building bloc is positive and Negetive charges. As energy doesn't destroy according to Newton that means our energy changes in terms of time. Human body changes from childhood to adulthood. These changes truly happen in atomic lavel. Like body mass increase then in turn body mass reduction(older). These points have a relation to your second paragraph:

"If you travel at speed of light relative to something, your time would stop relative to that thing. Meaning, if you speed away from earth in a rocket at C, your time would stop relative to people on earth. " If we are capable of going at C speed that means same photon will reflect on my ratina in my eyes so I am seeing the same thing happening all the time. That explain your assertion in the second paragraph. But though we are experience the same visual aspect that freezes time in a relative sense. At the same, our electro Magnectic changes doesn't stop. So we will be seeing the same thing but we will also get older at the same time. That will be a great lose. Seeing my mom cooking the biriany for 50 years but never eating it and then expiring without eating it.

Thank you again for your time!
Charges aren't building block. There are more subatomic particles. Please read up on string theory. PBS has a very informative site on this subject: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/ (Nova did a recent program on this subject "Elegent Universe"). This will explain string theory very nicely.

Also, when you are travelling at C, same photon won't hit your eye. Time won't stop for you. You will perceive time moving at the same "speed". Your time will only be stopped for those who are not moving at C with respect to you. For you, you will see everything as normal. You cannot catch up with a photon even if you travel at C.

[Edited on 20-3-2004 by nasif]
Old March 20, 2004, 07:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

that is by far the smartest reponse I heard from Hasib. You rock boy!!
Old March 21, 2004, 05:29 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Hasib
Quote:
In physics it says If I move from point A to point B and then go back to point A then distance traveled is 0.
Distance isn't 0... displacement is.
Distance traveled=>displacement.
Distance between point A to B cannot be zero. If they are Then A =B.

[Edited on 21-3-2004 by sage]
Old March 21, 2004, 06:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Reminisce 7th grade Physics!

Sage, you gonna take Hasib's title just like Zim gonna take BD's in a year.

Displacement is a vector quantity. It CAN be ZERO. It IS zero if you come back to your starting point.

I thought Hasib's post (very simple yet powerful) was EXCELLENT. He basically dismissed whatever it is that you were talking about... I never got it.. hell I never read it barring from few lines here and there.

Hasib - why don't you give a lecture on this subject...

[Edited on 21-3-2004 by Orpheus : Title added :P]
Old March 21, 2004, 07:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Ok... maybe I was misunderstood...

lets say a car travelled 5m north. Than it travels 5m south.

Distance travelled 10m

Displacement 0m

Work done 0N
Old March 21, 2004, 08:05 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Orpheus
Sage, you gonna take Hasib's title just like Zim gonna take BD's in a year.

Displacement is a vector quantity. It CAN be ZERO. It IS zero if you come back to your starting point.

I thought Hasib's post (very simple yet powerful) was EXCELLENT. He basically dismissed whatever it is that you were talking about... I never got it.. hell I never read it barring from few lines here and there.

Hasib - why don't you give a lecture on this subject...

[Edited on 21-3-2004 by Orpheus : Title added :P]
Orphy you earned the title. Atleast read the topic before you say something about it. Anyway...

[Edited on 21-3-2004 by sage]
Old March 21, 2004, 08:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Hasib
Ok... maybe I was misunderstood...

lets say a car travelled 5m north. Than it travels 5m south.

Distance travelled 10m

Displacement 0m

Work done 0N
LOL...Hasib man! Never Elaborate.. Work is not a force. And you weren't misunderstood.

Sage bro.. How did I earn the title? Yes you are talking about time or whatever? .. So what? That doesn't overshadow the fact that you made a silly mistake... it is even quoted few posts ago.