facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 6, 2012, 01:32 PM
Test Cricketer

http://kkr.in/news/knight39s-squad-for-clt20.aspx

mora-gun is not in the 15 man squad...

Old October 6, 2012, 03:01 PM
Cricket Guru

if Shakib gets benched he should just do the surgery to come back good what you guys think
Old October 6, 2012, 06:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Brett Lee could well get a look in. If they want pacers then they would go with him. This is because there are no other decent pacers to go with if they want an extra pacer. But to me if KKR were realistic they would take Shakib over Kallis. Kallis is not a T20 player. But the problem is he is playing at home conditions and he bowls pace as well. So they will go with Kallis.

I would like to see RTD over Kallis tbh. That would put Bisla as opener and RTD can bowl pace. Kallis bats slowly in T20s. RTD is more attacking (has a healthy S.R of 130). But realistically speaking this will not happen.

1. G. Gambhir
2. Manvinder Bisla (wk)
3. B. McCullum
4. R. ten Doeschate
5. Shakib Al Hasan
6. M. Tiwary
7. D. Das
8. Iqbal Abdulla
9. Rajat Bhatia
10. S. Narine
11. L. Balaji
Old October 7, 2012, 02:58 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS
if Shakib gets benched he should just do the surgery to come back good what you guys think
That would probably rule him out of the WI tour, which none of us want.
Old October 7, 2012, 10:01 AM
Club Cricketer

He should choose country before club.
Old October 7, 2012, 10:06 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharup
He should choose country before club.
Is Bangladesh playing in CLT20?
Old October 7, 2012, 09:31 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Came across this yesterday. +1

Where would rather see him play?

South Africa. They will be a full team with him. They can get rid of the likes of Tahir and Botha and other chuckers/chokers.
Old October 7, 2012, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash
http://kkr.in/news/knight39s-squad-for-clt20.aspx

mora-gun is not in the 15 man squad...
I am surprised!
As he was playing great for England in the T20 WC week back.
Old October 7, 2012, 09:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Nice find Dillu. I think Australia would love to have him more. I mean have you seen their spinners?
Old October 8, 2012, 12:22 AM
ODI Cricketer

Why isn't Shakib attending Saqlain's spin camp. Is it just me or does anyone else think his bowling performance has gone alarmingly downhill?
Old October 8, 2012, 02:06 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

I dont see Shak getting a lot of matches tbh. The games are taking place in South Africa where the surface isnt welcoming for spinners. We know that KKR wont bench Narine. So i doubt if they will go with both Shak and Narine for most games. Having said that, i think he will still play a handful of matches because of his batting.

From a Bangladeshi point of view, the less matches he plays the better. He is a long tour coming up and he has injury concerns. In fact I wouldnt mind if gets only 2-3 games.
Old October 8, 2012, 09:07 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark mage
Why isn't Shakib attending Saqlain's spin camp. Is it just me or does anyone else think his bowling performance has gone alarmingly downhill?
He went to play CLT20, remember?
Old October 8, 2012, 09:22 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Watching Shakib on Eurosports2 HD. Highlights from last years CLT20
Old October 8, 2012, 09:25 AM
Banned

Shakib is Shakib. No matter where his team plays, he's a must! But considering that he's team is governed by hateful indians, he might not play a handful of matches. But spending time with a team like this, in SA conditions, should do him a world of good.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old October 8, 2012, 10:28 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
Is Bangladesh playing in CLT20?
Nope. He should take the time off from his club duties so that he can have some rest and perform better in the upcoming home series and then have the surgery. Playing in this CL might cause more harm to his ongoing issues with his knee and subsequently perhaps jeopardise his position in the BD team sheet.

Best option for him not to play for his club but have his country in mind.
Old October 8, 2012, 01:21 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

^ Does he have the option to do so, given his contract with KKR? I imagine he was also given a No Objection Certificate by the BCB too, otherwise he wouldn't be able to leave for RSA to participate!
Old October 9, 2012, 12:37 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

In CL I think there is no limitation of foreign playrs , then KKR can accomodate Sakib and others .
Old October 9, 2012, 12:59 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharup
Nope. He should take the time off from his club duties so that he can have some rest and perform better in the upcoming home series and then have the surgery. Playing in this CL might cause more harm to his ongoing issues with his knee and subsequently perhaps jeopardise his position in the BD team sheet.

Best option for him not to play for his club but have his country in mind.

Ghore boshe rest er name med vuri baranor theke CLT20 khela valo... Everybody knows Shakib wouldnt play all the games so he will get proper rest. Also he can spend some quality time with some good cricketing brain around the world. I must say Shakibs cricketing brain has developed more since he started playing for overseas clubs.
Old October 9, 2012, 01:18 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_army
Ghore boshe rest er name med vuri baranor theke CLT20 khela valo... Everybody knows Shakib wouldnt play all the games so he will get proper rest. Also he can spend some quality time with some good cricketing brain around the world. I must say Shakibs cricketing brain has developed more since he started playing for overseas clubs.
Agreed.
Old October 9, 2012, 01:48 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark mage
It's not just you. He needs to play more of "longer version" cricket to get his groove back.
Old October 9, 2012, 02:31 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_army
playing for overseas clubs no doubt has given shakib more insight into how professional other players are and what their work ethic and determination is like to improve. i really hope more BD players get to play for other teams in other parts of the world for a decent amount of time so they to can understand what sort of requirements are needed to succeed at the highest level of cricket, they can then bring it back to BD and start to improve the BD culture. if the national team players have a good professional culture then the fringe players and the players working towards national team caps will be forced to work harder and get more professional or they won't have a shot.

shakib has opened the door, tamim got a look in for a short bit, hopefully guys like nasir, mushy, rubel, sunny etc will get that opportunity.
Old October 9, 2012, 03:11 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mali007
In CL I think there is no limitation of foreign playrs , then KKR can accomodate Sakib and others .
Very good point... Can the IPL teams violate that rule in CL T20?? Not sure though, but that would be excellent...and interesting. But I think they stuck to this rule last time.
Old October 9, 2012, 03:16 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
playing for overseas clubs no doubt has given shakib more insight into how professional other players are and what their work ethic and determination is like to improve. i really hope more BD players get to play for other teams in other parts of the world for a decent amount of time so they to can understand what sort of requirements are needed to succeed at the highest level of cricket, they can then bring it back to BD and start to improve the BD culture. if the national team players have a good professional culture then the fringe players and the players working towards national team caps will be forced to work harder and get more professional or they won't have a shot.

shakib has opened the door, tamim got a look in for a short bit, hopefully guys like nasir, mushy, rubel, sunny etc will get that opportunity.
Point is very good. But if the other players keep proving time and time again that they are crap players and Shakib is way way ahead of them, that scares overseas recruiters to recruit them.

These guys have to prove their worth by their own performances with the national team, Shakib has paved the way, but can't pull their performance up.
Old October 9, 2012, 03:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Point is very good. But if the other players keep proving time and time again that they are crap players and Shakib is way way ahead of them, that scares overseas recruiters to recruit them.

These guys have to prove their worth by their own performances with the national team, Shakib has paved the way, but can't pull their performance up.
of course you are right, hopefully tamim continues as he has done or improves, he is solid in ODIs but his test record so far is quite good so if he is able to maintain that then opportunities are more likely to arise. nasir also has done well so far, if he continues or improves he could start to get offers. mushy has to improve consistency to get some offers but he got some insight in the SLPL. rubel was improving before his injury, especially in ODIs he was becoming quite decent.

but for sure they have to prove their worth through their own performance, they have to earn it themselves.
Old October 9, 2012, 03:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN

Are you kidding me when you say nasir, mushy, rubel and sunny are proving time and time again that they are crap players? Even though i like Mushy, id admit that he is inconsistent and from that he can related to a certain extent as 'crap'. But Rubel is the definition of an improving player and he is the one that we can be worth something with since our other pace bowlers are utter crap (except Mash & Nazmul). Nasir has just recently got is international career up and running and seems to be doing a fine job imo atm.

Sunny has been good since his debut and it seems like he will be a longstay in the international scene. So my definition of 'crap' are players that have actually played bad time and time again. I dont think you can say that for Nasir, Rubel or Elias.

My definition of crap players in the BD team
1. Shafiul Islam
2. Abul Hasan
3. Shahadat Hossain
4. Mushfiqur Rahim (to a certain extent because of his inconsistency)
5. Mahmudullah (definitely in T20s and sometimes in ODI's as well)
6. Nazimuddin (only in ODIs)

Cant think of anyone else atm that can be classified into this category. Anyone can add onto the list it if they like.