facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 8, 2012, 04:45 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

so....after the T20 match, who is our next opponent? when is it? and is it confirmed?

Old December 8, 2012, 05:10 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
so....after the T20 match, who is our next opponent? when is it? and is it confirmed?
Most likely away to Sri Lanka in late February and right after that series, another away tour to Zimbabwe. Before then, we have the first class franchise coming plus BPL.
Old December 8, 2012, 05:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
According to the FTP, we play Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka for a 2 Test and 3 ODIS tour which takes place in March.
Old December 8, 2012, 06:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
According to the FTP, we play Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka for a 2 Test and 3 ODIS tour which takes place in March.
It should be 5 ODIs instead of 3. I hate 3 match series. Should also include 1 T20 as well.
Old December 8, 2012, 06:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRoom
It should be 5 ODIs instead of 3. I hate 3 match series. Should also include 1 T20 as well.
Time could be a problem since we'll have a series against Zimbabwe as well in April.
Old December 8, 2012, 06:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

if this were to happen, then Excellent news. our FTP gap is not that bad then....
Old December 8, 2012, 06:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Time could be a problem since we'll have a series against Zimbabwe as well in April.
Yeah I know but its only 2 extra ODI matches not another test match or anything. Don't forget this series starts at late February but our FTP really sucks hardly any Cricket in 2012.
Old December 8, 2012, 06:43 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

We really should invite Ireland and Afghanistan for 4-day matches and a 3 match ODI series or triangular. There isn't any substitute for official internationals even if against Associates.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 8, 2012, 06:43 PM
Banned

Its amazing though that our players like Shakib, Rahim etc have still yet to play a test match against Australia yet.
Old December 8, 2012, 06:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
We really should invite Ireland and Afghanistan for 4-day matches and a 3 match ODI series or triangular. There isn't any substitute for official internationals even if against Associates.
We did play Ireland in a T20 series earlier this year but hopefully we will arrange an ODI series with them home and/or away so we can shut our critics up that Ireland are better than Bangladesh. Both Pakistan and Australia have already played Afghanistan this year so it would be good if Bangladesh host them to help them develop unlike money driven India.
Old December 15, 2012, 06:34 PM
Banned

Bangladesh FTP is pathetic too many long gaps after a series. What's Bangladesh schedule like in 2013? I don't understand why Bangladesh don't play the top 6 associate teams in the meantime to keep our players busy and give a chance to some of our newer and younger players to develop. Players like Tamim, Shakib and Rahim who have played for a long time now have still not played a test match against Australia and no tours to India or England anytime soon.
Old December 16, 2012, 11:57 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
No need to ask associates anymore. We have money these days.

With the success of the recent Windies Series, we can hold a few 3/4 team tournaments with multi-million dollar prize money every year. Sponsorship and TV rights are plenty these days. Why waste the $ in BPL?

This can surely attract big teams who have breaks in between their schedules. Heck, they will make room in their calendar for big money tournaments.

Money Talks.
Old December 17, 2012, 01:38 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymoney

With the success of the recent Windies Series, we can hold a few 3/4 team tournaments with multi-million dollar prize money every year. Sponsorship and TV rights are plenty these days. Why waste the $ in BPL?

This can surely attract big teams who have breaks in between their schedules. Heck, they will make room in their calendar for big money tournaments.

Money Talks.
I'm not so sure...I think there is something more sinister at play. Bangladesh was elected to test status solely on the basis of the popularity of cricket. Popularity is what drives marketing that marketing in turn drives the revenue behind TV ratings and sponsorships. Even a crap Bangladesh side enjoys cult status amongst us fans...yet even after a 4-0 Tigerwash of NZ and a 3-2 series win over full strength WI side we will struggle to get a lucratice TV deal and sponsorships when even Zimbabwe can get Reebok as their kit sponsor.

I think there is a anti-Bangladesh business conspiracy from foreign companies. But maybe thats just me.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 17, 2012, 02:07 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

I'm all for a 2 match unofficial test series between a Bangladeshi selection with national players and prospects and Ireland, followed by a triangular ODI tournament involving Bangladesh, Ireland and Afghanistan. That will add to our preparation for the Sri Lanka tour. Paps is a resourceful cat with deep connections to the local corporate scene. He can make it happen easily.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old December 17, 2012, 02:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymoney
Not the right attitude, you don't see any big teams interested in playing us so why treat the associates the same?
Old December 17, 2012, 11:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I'm not so sure...I think there is something more sinister at play. Bangladesh was elected to test status solely on the basis of the popularity of cricket. Popularity is what drives marketing that marketing in turn drives the revenue behind TV ratings and sponsorships. Even a crap Bangladesh side enjoys cult status amongst us fans...yet even after a 4-0 Tigerwash of NZ and a 3-2 series win over full strength WI side we will struggle to get a lucratice TV deal and sponsorships when even Zimbabwe can get Reebok as their kit sponsor.

I think there is a anti-Bangladesh business conspiracy from foreign companies. But maybe thats just me.
As for the TV deal- it's our bad or inefficient marketing skill which is to be blamed. BCB is not good at this. I believe with a good sales team we can achieve one of the best TV deal any board has ever had in the world.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old December 17, 2012, 05:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
As for the TV deal- it's our bad or inefficient marketing skill which is to be blamed. BCB is not good at this. I believe with a good sales team we can achieve one of the best TV deal any board has ever had in the world.
That is true...with our corrupt politicians who knows if all the good deals are squandered by our BCB officials and MP's sons asking for millions up front for their personal coffers.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 17, 2012, 09:11 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Not the right attitude, you don't see any big teams interested in playing us so why treat the associates the same?
We can have the right attitude after we become one of the top 4 in next 10 years.

Now please forget about the associates playing whom will only degrade our experience. Learn to think big.
Old December 17, 2012, 09:18 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:

"anti-Bangladesh business conspiracy from foreign companies"

Sounds like an excuse for failed businesses. (we do hear this kind of excuses a lot when growing up - so not surprised)

Cricket is business and we have to build it. No one will give it to us. Conspiracy or not, we have to find our own strategy.
Old December 18, 2012, 04:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

That escalated quickly.
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old December 23, 2012, 11:55 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

BCB really needs to make more effort into getting us more international matches. It seems every other Test playing nations are playing except for us. Its pretty sad.

ENG playing Ind, followed by Ind playing Pak
Aus playing SL, followed by WI
NZ back to back playing SA and ENG.

What about us? We dont play SL until end of Feb or something and then rest of another many months. Just ridiculous.
Old December 27, 2012, 06:59 PM
Banned

This is ridiculous, our team hardly plays any International Cricket and too bigger gaps. Somebody tell that stupid board and new ICC Vice President to arrange plenty of matches for Bangladesh because our ftp sucks. All the other teams have series from the moment the new year starts but our one isn't till the last week of February. Don't understand why BCB cancels our series i.e. 2010 New Zealand test series, 2011 Australia test series, 2012 Zimbabwe series, 2012 Pakistan series (UAE), 2012 5 match ODI series with Sri Lanka simply ridiculous.
Old December 28, 2012, 10:42 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

2013 is CRUCIAL year for us.

Touring SL, where our record is worse than playing in AUS/Eng, but this time its a different story, where SL have no Vass and Murali.

Then touring Zim. MUST WIN EVERY GAME.

Then the biggest series of the yr; Hosting NZ in Sep/OCT. another must win series, and i don't see a reason why we can't??? just make a spin friendly pitch and choke them , in return don't choke to PAtel plsss.

2013 can change critics view on Bangladesh, so hoping for the best
Old December 28, 2012, 11:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Good enough schedule I think....we have BCL now, then BPL plus finals of BCL till end of Feb. prep for SL and tour SL till March, ZIM series till mid May...

Then comes rainy season and still need to wrap up DPL by June..

Hopefully by then we will have a head coach for the national team...then prep for NZ series and play NZ till Sept/Oct

Then you will have NCL, BCL, DPL and again BPL...

Pretty busy cricket calendar
Old December 28, 2012, 11:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

I am sure we will have at least one more series outside of FTP like around June or NOV/DEC...

India?