facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 2, 2019, 06:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing
Default We knew this was gonna happen

Every one has been saying this forever, it didn't need to come down to this. We looked at Champions Trophy and how our bowling sufferrred and we didn't do anything. We knew this was gonna happen one time or the other. Forget Mashrafe, Saifuddin has taken 10 wickets but his economy is more than 7. We have settled on a team which is mediocre and we are shameless to keep playing this way.

I think some big changes are going to happen after this world cup, specially in the bowling department. It needs to happen. We can't rely on finger spinners, we cannot rely on a bowler who is out of form forever, we cannot rely on sub 140 kph bowlers, we cannot rely on medium pacers in the start of innings to give us breakthrough period!

I know everyone is going to crucify Tamim for his catch drop - oh what a heartbreak it was. Unless he wins this for us which is highly unlikely, we need to look at what is actually costing us games and not just one moment. Our bowling sucked this tournament, and we gave Saifuddin the new ball along with accomodating an out of form Mashrafe, an injured Mashrafe.

We cannot and I repeat accept mediocrity anymore. When you come to a world cup, you cannot come with a team that is bits and pieces, specially in important positions. I see this world cup as a lesson of missed opportunities and what a costly lesson for us it has been to fix our fast bowling issues.

Over the next couple of years, we have a job in our hands, we need to find and trial and if there is no one then groom new talents, and no more mediocrity to be allowed even near the team.

Just plain angry at the situation we are in. Pathetic team selection, pathetic mentality, disgusting comments from the captain in the press meet even before the game showing that we lost the game before a ball bowled. This is not the Mashrafe I knew, he went for the kill and was always positive.

How we recover from this poor performance with the ball will define our cricket.

Old July 2, 2019, 06:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Great post! Absolutely spot on.
Old July 2, 2019, 06:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

You won't even get a proper wicket keeper, so mediocrity is your own choice. The time to react was then, not now.
Old July 2, 2019, 07:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Someone said this here :
BCCI is a commercial organization. BCB is a political organization.

Unless this changes, expect more mediocrity and matbori of people like Shoezone and Nanna.
Old July 3, 2019, 05:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Also, Mashrafe Tashrafe onek hoise I now want a Virat Khuli (i.e. Kohli) type captain and player who will not only talk the walk but also walk the walk.

Time for real Bernie Sanders style change in our cricket, not putu putu Obama change
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old July 3, 2019, 05:45 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

We don't have the bowling talent. Taskin or Rahi would not have performed any better. Decades of dependence on spin and that too on slow and low surfaces really hampered the growth of our bowling resources. We need a 3 year plan to identify and groom fast bowlers so that we are ready for the next WC
Old July 3, 2019, 05:49 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

look at a Nathan Lyon and the amount of revs he puts on the ball and compare that to any of our spinners. We dont have spinners that can turn the ball because when the slow and low pitches already does most of the work for you why would you work harder? If we were playing on good batting surfaces at home the bowlers would have been forced to improve their skill
Old July 3, 2019, 06:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

GP pacer hunt finished years ago. BKSP pacer programs have bene going on for years.
Who have these produced?
Old July 3, 2019, 07:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

I thought against India the batting was the problem . Not the boing or even fielding . I would have taken that 315 chase anyday on this ground. Our batters failed.
Though giving Rohit more than one chance is never a good idea but it was so early in the innings that even making the catch wouldn't have guranteed a lesser total .

We need to work on batting in the tail end ... It was almost given up even though we had overs left and some wickets left ...

Needed saif to take charge.. and protect the tail enders
Old July 3, 2019, 08:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
We don't have the bowling talent. Taskin or Rahi would not have performed any better. Decades of dependence on spin and that too on slow and low surfaces really hampered the growth of our bowling resources. We need a 3 year plan to identify and groom fast bowlers so that we are ready for the next WC
Thats a bunch of rubbish.

A good captain could have used Miraz and Rubel smartly, and would have vastly improved the attack than tuk tuk mash.
Old July 3, 2019, 08:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
I thought against India the batting was the problem . Not the boing or even fielding . I would have taken that 315 chase anyday on this ground. Our batters failed.
Though giving Rohit more than one chance is never a good idea but it was so early in the innings that even making the catch wouldn't have guranteed a lesser total .

We need to work on batting in the tail end ... It was almost given up even though we had overs left and some wickets left ...

Mostly agree except the Saif bit as he should be given a pass still being new to the team. Scoring 170-180 in the first 30 overs against most teams is common in this world cup. Our bowlers showed amazing fight back spirit by restricting them to 314 instead of 350+. What hurt us most was not having Mahmudullah in the line up, it threw off the balance. Nobody knew they could count on Sabbir and Saif to bat so well in the latter part. Mushy, Liton, Mosaddek put too much pressure on themselves thinking they would have to be there till the end.
Old July 3, 2019, 08:45 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb

Spot on. No one except Shakib and Shaifuddin put their hands up. Everyone got in and then got out. Very poor batting considering it was such an important match.
Old July 3, 2019, 10:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Saif has done enough in this WC as a new guy in the block if you ask me. Seniors Pacers failed. Even fizz was bowling like crap half the tournament
Old July 3, 2019, 12:12 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Sarker, Liton and mushy just threw it away. That is not acceptable at all. We could have easily won had we had one genuine batsman batsman with Shabbir and Saif. The last 3 batsmen we have cant even hold bat.

Mash as a captain should have just rotated and give as much strike to Saif as possible. But he lacks the brain to build an innings
Old July 3, 2019, 12:31 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: ABD

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Mash as a captain should have just rotated and give as much strike to Saif as possible. But he lacks the brain to build an innings
Am I the only one who has seen Mashrafe whenever coming to bat playing that slog shot without any context irrespective of circumstance again and again? It wasnt first time he did this. It seems like he has a very negative dont care attitude about his batting, if he was a no.11 i would have understand. But he supposed to be the best tailander bat(no.9) and senior player and most importantly a captain. Really was disappointed at Mash's batting but unfortunately wasnt surprised.

Go TIGERS GO...
Old July 3, 2019, 01:06 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Sarker, Liton and mushy just threw it away. That is not acceptable at all. We could have easily won had we had one genuine batsman batsman with Shabbir and Saif. The last 3 batsmen we have cant even hold bat.

Old July 3, 2019, 01:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

TBH I still think it was a good tournament given the players we have. It’s still a learning curve for us. Just few days ago we won a tri nation tournament.

Winning against S Africa and West Indies was great.

Apart from England I think most games we competed properly.

Let’s finish it off with getting Pakistan!
Old July 3, 2019, 01:25 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymousGuy
When did Sabbir ever do anything significant (in the past 3 years)? He shouldn't play in my opinion.
He beat up a kid and dated Nayla Nayeem
Old July 3, 2019, 01:37 PM
Test Cricketer

so who are going to retire after WC from BD ?
Old July 3, 2019, 01:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixen
so who are going to retire after WC from BD ?
It’s highly likely Mashrafe only for now, but he might play one home series probably at best
Old July 3, 2019, 01:44 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymousGuy
Mashrafe 100%.

Sabbir should be gone too. He is bad energy.

Mushfiqur should never keep again. Liton is our new keeper.

Drop Sarkar too. He got too many chances.
and shakib ?
Old July 3, 2019, 01:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixen
and shakib ?
He will be in the team for atleast one more year. I think his last ODI tournament might be next Asia Cup
Old July 3, 2019, 01:48 PM
Cricket Sage

Now that the WC is (almost) over, this is the time for few senior players to retire (Mashrafee, Tamim) or diminish/change their roles (Mushfiq, Riyad, Rubel) in the team, And this is the time to bring some few more bloods to evaluate. I am eagerly waiting for Nayeem for example.

Need more competition for the rest (SS, Litton, Sabbir, etc).

Need to bring new FBs in National team. Rubel will not take you anywhere. Mustafiz need some real competition.
Old July 3, 2019, 01:50 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
He will be in the team for atleast one more year. I think his last ODI tournament might be next Asia Cup
any idea what replacement you have for shakib,mushfiq etc ? what kind of domestic structure you have in BD? any young Guns waiting to fill the gaps ?
Old July 3, 2019, 01:51 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Now that the WC is (almost) over, this is the time for few senior players to retire (Mashrafee, Tamim) or diminish/change their roles (Mushfiq, Riyad, Rubel) in the team, And this is the time to bring some few more bloods to evaluate. I am eagerly waiting for Nayeem for example.

Need more competition for the rest (SS, Litton, Sabbir, etc).

Need to bring new FBs in National team. Rubel will not take you anywhere. Mustafiz need some real competition.
you named almost half of team. how can you do it ? do you have replacement for those ?