facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 3, 2003, 12:36 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default Match Result

Don't really care about the bowling performance. Before anyone goes on to say - oh, we suck, we got bad after the test mathes, I'd ask them to look at the bowling line up, the opponent and the target. Shanto has been out for ages, Tapash has been off, Manju and Masri are not playing. Shujon was going to get hammered anyway. Rafique has so far had one good performance and Sanwar is a part timer.

Batting, on the other hand, was a piece of art. We have no one but ourselves to blame from this grand performance. Just take a look at the bowlers used by Australia. For gods sake, Lehmann got 3 wickets.

Old August 3, 2003, 01:39 AM
Club Cricketer

Didn't the lack of effort disappoint you? I know a lot of people on this board reckon the international media has been too harsh on Bangladesh, but after a game like this, can't you see why?
Teams like Kenya get hammered pretty often too, but you always see them contesting the matches better. They don't just roll over and play dead. I hope Dav gives them a right bollocking tonight. Ah well, there's no way they can do worse in Darwin.
Old August 3, 2003, 05:49 AM
Club Cricketer

The openers showed good effort. They were just starting to get on top and lay the perfect platform. Unfortunatly the same can not be said for the others, Rokon especially.

Habibul hung around but shouldn't have got out. Sanwar was caught in too minds and showed why he should bat at 3 because he plays pace way better than spin.

Rokon was a disgrace, Tushar was tempted by a good piece of bowling and Alok did very well but had a disappointing dismissal, though he had little other choice.

In Darwin i expect Ash to come in for Rokon.
Old August 3, 2003, 07:51 AM
Forever Bangy

for those of you who didn't watch the match live, you should be thankful.

i have never gotten so tired in my life just by sitting down for three hours. when Hannan and Javed were batting....the run rate was just so annoying. i know they're meant to play cautiously but i thought i would go crazy if i didn't see a four. and then...well it's just too frustrating to talk about.

i swear watching bangladesh play means you will most probably die of a heart attack.
Old August 3, 2003, 08:15 AM
First Class Cricketer

JOTO BORO ASHA, TOTO BORO HOTASHA

Sorry, I forgot it is an English medium site. The higher the expectation, the higher the disappointment.

Tehsin Bhai, your reasoning is good. We know the facts. But the world won't listen to what we have to say. RESULTS TALK. It's results that count.
Old August 3, 2003, 12:47 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

OK ... I'll come out of the shell.

It was a pathetic performance by a bunch of losers. Given the leeaway given by Pontings bowling selection, we should have crossed 200 with some solid performance.

Hope Dav found what he was looking for, because (I know we still need to do some experimentation) I am tired of watching the line up. However, Dav did not change the batting line up so I don't see why they turned out to be such big dissapointments.

Hopefully Dav's going to teach these sorry arses a lesson in professionalism and er give them a good bollocking (?).